charlie

ATMs
Hi all

Some of the cash machines in Turkey allow you to select which currency you want, can anyone tell me of any additional charges that are applied when withdrawing £s

ATMs
patrish said:
no extra charges using Nationwide card
Good god Patrish!
You dont half look like Pennie!
Seriously back to thread yes Charlie, we too used a Nationwide card with no charges in Fethiye recently.

Martyn

ATMs
I bank with Nationwide now for that reason. When we were out in Altinkum in Sept 2004 we had to withdraw £2600 from the cashpoint for the deposit for the apartment. This was before the Lira was changed and they had lower denominations. Over the course of 3 days we both drew out this money on our Abbey accounts. When we got back to the uk we found we had been charged £45 for all the withdrawals. I complained to Abbey that Nationwide don't charge so why should they and they gave me £50 as a token of goodwill :)

Anyway it costs about £2 or £3 per withdrawal I think based on that.

Gill

ATMs
I've not seen the ATMs that let you choose the currency -but both hsbc and alliance and leicester debit cards charged for each withdrawal of lira we made at easter this year using different ATMs in Yalikavak - so i've just opened a nationwide account to get round this for the summer.
Gill

TURKISH BEGINNER

TURKISH BEGINNER
ATMs
:hmm: Sorry not sure if this in right place.....REGARDING TURKISH ATMs...
I opened both ytl and sterling accounts at HSBC BODRUM... received my card to draw out at the cash machines.... One day went to bank but was too late had closed, so went to the cash machine....Problem....all in Turkish didnt know what to press and no-one around to help me... hoped for the best and pressed the right one.. But please for next time incase i want to put money in useing the ATM (cant always get there during daytime) or withdraw, can some kind person please explain what is written in Turkish...... It wasnt a problem when i was useing my English card to draw from English accounts as i was given a choice for both languages, but could only see Turkish when i used my Turkish bank card............IS IT JUST ME WHO'S THICK!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom