Have you ever been assaulted or witnessed an assault in Turkey?

• Yes I have been physically assaulted

Votes: 15 6.7%
  • No I have never been physically assaulted

Votes: 127 56.7%
  • Yes I have witnessed a physical assault take place

Votes: 53 23.7%
  • No I have never witnessed an assault

Votes: 111 49.6%
  • I have received a bit of verbal abuse

Votes: 48 21.4%
  • I have felt the need to give verbal abuse on occasion

Votes: 41 18.3%

• Total voters

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Assaults in Turkey
There were two people shot infront of our pharmacy less then 20 meters away. All over a parking dispute.

Biker Bob

Assaults in Turkey
ah bob thats terrible..but still cant beat two people i know who were in an internet cafe when cousins of the owners came in and shot their relatives dead.
And this ones even better..a friend was on a bus going to Antalya ..the bus was from Diyarbakır ..she got on in Alanya...halfway there a man got up pulled a huge gun and started shooting (it was a family affair) he killed three people , a random bullet hit some electronics which exploded and the bus caught fire. The shooter escaped, my friend was unhurt

Nevertheless bus travel in general is very safe and reliable.!

Tess

Assaults in Turkey
Cannot see anyone admitting to having been the instigator of any wrong doing - Weren't my fault Gov, not me who started it, springs to mind!!!

Shirley and Bob, that is awful !!!!! Such a waste and so so frightening!!!

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Assaults in Turkey
Or, A big boy did it and ran away ? :lol:

These? Oh, I'm just looking after them for a friend . :wink:

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Assaults in Turkey
On our honeymoon we arrived to a touristic area an hour after a big shoot out. A boy and girl liked each other. Their parents had shops beside each other. The girls father warned the boy and his family working in their shop several times to keep the boy away from his daughter and no contact. The boy continued calling her and texting....the girls father walked next door and shot and killed all 5 in the store.

Hard to believe, wild wild west.

Biker Bob

ah bob thats terrible..but still cant beat two people i know who were in an internet cafe when cousins of the owners came in and shot their relatives dead.
And this ones even better..a friend was on a bus going to Antalya ..the bus was from Diyarbakır ..she got on in Alanya...halfway there a man got up pulled a huge gun and started shooting (it was a family affair) he killed three people , a random bullet hit some electronics which exploded and the bus caught fire. The shooter escaped, my friend was unhurt

kaplumba

Assaults in Turkey

OMG Shirl, Hil and I are going to brave public transport - all the way to Calis next week. I shall be a nervous wreck now!!!!

Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
Assaults in Turkey
76% have not been assaulted or witness to an assault. I wonder what the percentage would be in the UK?

kaplumba

Assaults in Turkey
I can't see the need to make a comparison with the UK but I haven't seen any assaults there but of course I'm sure many will have. Let's face it they can happen anywhere.
Biker Bob it will be too hot for that vest so I'll just have to take my chances. I'm travelling down to see Bibby, Harem and Terry and Sue.

Assaults in Turkey
Is there a poınt to thıs poll? you can walk up any hıght street ın the uk and see all the assaults you want.

kaplumba

Assaults in Turkey
You can probably see assaults anywhere in the world, I don't consider Turkey to be any different and quite honestly I feel safer there than in many countries I have visited. However Ken, I walk up plenty of UK high streets and I haven't seen any assaults and none of my family have ever been assaulted. I agree with you about the poll being not such a good idea.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Assaults in Turkey
Ken I find it much more dangerous here compared to where I come from in Canada. One in nine have a gun here.....mix that with a almost lawless enviroment and chit will happen. I know of more shootings here also so between that and the deadly driving this place is way more dangerous then some others. Back in Canada I can't remember even a distant relative or friend dieing as a result of a car accident, here I know two family members and two friends...

Biker Bob

Last edited:

mike dj

Assaults in Turkey
Dydima shoping centre can be a total pain ,you have to answer every shop keeper or you will get abuse from them like ' I said good morning to you and you did not answer me ' and then a few words in Turkish even if in conversation with someone they but in . I avoid it like the plague . Try it and see for yourselves ,I have Turkish friends who totaly agree .Mike

Darren

Assaults in Turkey
These Polls are great...

Now run the same Poll but ask the questions about "the place back home" instead of Turkey.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom