Ilica Park

The view is fantastic !!!
Aspendos - What's On
I have been searching on the internet to see if there is anything on at Aspendos over the summer but cannot find anything after the start of July :-

10. 06. 2009 AIDA
12. 06. 2009 AIDA
16. 06. 2009 GISELLE
19. 06. 2009 CARMEN
23. 06. 2009 TOSCA
26. 06. 2009 CARMINA BURANA
30. 06. 2009 ROMEO & JULIA
03. 07. 2009 THE MAGICAL MUSIC OF DISNEY

Does anyone who know what if anything is on later in July or early August please?

Thanks in advance.
:388dd:

Last edited:

Els

Aspendos - What's On
I'm not sure it carries on all through the summer at Aspendos. However, did you know there are some really nice performances at the Side amphitheater as well during the season? You can generally pick up the leaflets with the programme in the old town.

Ilica Park

Aspendos - What's On
Hi, I didn't know that there were productions at the Side - you don;t happen to know any details for this summer - or if there is anyone who is in Side they could maybe pick up a leaflet and let us know the details - please!!!

Aspendos - What's On
hello there the new Aspendos Arena which is just up the road from Aspendo Antique theatre.. is now the official home of the Fire of Anatolia in the season and they will be putting shows on throughout..last year there was spectacular production based on the 'Troy' sin the Arena..there were some posts made about it last year..if you put it the search at the top of the page it will display the posts.
Biletix this site will show you whats on where

Ilica Park

Aspendos - What's On
Thanks for that Shirl - I saw posters for Troy last year when I was over but did not manage to get to see the show.

Hopefully we will get to see Fire of Anatolia in the summer if there are any shows. I will bookmark

Fire of Anatolia Tickets

and check it from time to time for updates.

Last edited:

angelaturkey

Days On The Beach in Side
Aspendos - What's On
The Side Amphitheatre is normally only open for 2 weeks each year, in mid-September some time. It's because the Turkish Government want to keep the amphitheatre in its original condition and it's crumbling a lot already. Aspendos is bigger, has more visitors on a daily basis, and therefore more revenue coming in to maintain its upkeep - hence more shows there.

I have seen - Turkish pop concert - classical music - ballet - and opera - at Side amphitheatre but even the Side Tourist Bureau does not know what's on until a week or so before the performances!! Such is life in Turkey - but you have to love them for their laid back approach to life.

I am going to Side next week and will see if I can find out any more. Normally the tickets are for sale a) outside the front of the amphitheatre in Side b) outside the entrance at the Side Museum c) where the main beach area meets the concrete walkway into Old Town Side.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom