boxerpaul

bootneck
arsa tapu - how to get habitation certificate
hi celtic how much does it cost if your tapau just says arsa but has your name on it,no boxes ticked or no habitation certificate paid for by contractor,so no project plan but have electric and water in my name with tags, not sure if im on builders rate,a 2000 ytl electric bill was eventually paid by contractor,then connected in my name,not sure if theres loans against the villa or how much unpaid taxes to council, and knowing this contractor after hearing from other buyers nothing will be paid,im worried its going to cost 5 or six thousand pounds can you advise me paul

Mushtaq

Founding Member
Re: arsa tapau

I think you need someone in the area to go and check the various issues you have with your property, there are too many questions to answer before anyone can guess how much it will cost and how long it will take.

Cem has answer a similar question here http://www.turkishliving.com/forums...5700-tapu-kat-rtifak-ticked-iskan-issued.html

The documents which are needed to change the tapu deed to kat mukliyeti;

-Architectural project
-plan of the current circumstance
-List of the independent properties
-habitation certificate
-Management plan

To get these documents if they haven't been done could cost you in the region of £3000-£5000 (guesstimate)

Last edited:

carolk

R.I.P
Re: arsa tapu

Paul, don't forget that Mushtaq is offering a new investigate service for people in your position. He doesn't say much about it but you should pm him with your concerns and let Crescent Homes check it out for you.

celtic

hi celtic how much does it cost if your tapau just says arsa but has your name on it,no boxes ticked or no habitation certificate paid for by contractor,so no project plan but have electric and water in my name with tags, not sure if im on builders rate,a 2000 ytl electric bill was eventually paid by contractor,then connected in my name,not sure if theres loans against the villa or how much unpaid taxes to council, and knowing this contractor after hearing from other buyers nothing will be paid,im worried its going to cost 5 or six thousand pounds can you advise me paul

Hi Paul,

These requirements have to be answered for having a habitation certificate, first ;

-All construction activities have to be finished,
-The electric and water facilities have to be installed,
-All matters specified in the architectural project(which was certified by the council) have to be completed.

The compliance audit of the matters on the project with the building will be made by the science officers and the habitation certificate will merely be given by the council upon this.

As for your question regarding how much taking a habitation certificate costs;

The gross size of your property X 12 TL is required to be paid as the charge for taking the certificate of habitation.

With a more clear statement and an instance;

You'll have to pay 1200 Turkish Liras for taking the habitation certificate of a 100 square meter house.

You'll need to go through this way for taking the habitation certificate in addition to the conditions I counted under the other thread.

Hope this helps for now,

to be continued tomorrow,

Best wises.

Ps. Please be more careful while spelling the words in your questions. I first need to understand what exactly your issue is before giving a satisfactory answer. There are more than a single question your message and most of them are either irrelevant, or unclear.

Last edited:

boxerpaul

bootneck
thanks cem thats good advice my villa is about 200 metres,so double your quote,shouldnt the contractor do this,can i not take him to court over not doing this,or is it a waste of time,i think waste of time,as heard others same thing happened.i have a barganing tool my duplex i did exchange, can i refuse to let the deed go it was just available as i did exchange,can i not use this and say if mines all done then your get mine,i think either way ill have to pay,yes my spelling is not the best

I have it in my contract that the seller is to pay for habitation licence so what can i do if he dosnt pay for it,regards paul

Last edited by a moderator:

celtic

thanks cem thats good advice my villa is about 200 metres,so double your quote,shouldnt the contractor do this,can i not take him to court over not doing this,or is it a waste of time,i think waste of time,as heard others same thing happened.i have a barganing tool my duplex i did exchange, can i refuse to let the deed go it was just available as i did exchange,can i not use this and say if mines all done then your get mine,i think either way ill have to pay,yes my spelling is not the best

I have it in my contract that the seller is to pay for habitation licence so what can i do if he dosnt pay for it,regards paul

Hi Paul,

First, I need to start with confessing that you are in a real trouble if you are dealing with such a contractor who is defaulting to fulfill his obligations.

Habitation certificate can merely be given by the council unless the contractor(of the relevant building) has no unpaid debt of tax, social security premium, electric and water. The debtlessness of the contractor has to be verified, and if there's a debt, it has to be paid by the applicant(of the certificate). You have no legal right to call the contractor to pay his debt to the council for taking the habitation certificate, unfortunately. The one who has to undertake this debt is yourself -considering that you want to take the certificate- as well as every applicant who buys a property(without a habitation certificate) from a contractor.

The contract that you are holding may avail if you file a case later on against your contractor for claiming the amount of the money you paid while taking the certificate(which was actually had to be paid by himself). It will probably be a strong argument in such a case but you can't utilize it right now not to pay the debts of him while applying to take the certificate of habitation.

Hope all these help,

Regards.

boxerpaul

bootneck

hi cem yes i understand waht your saying, but he signed the contract to pay the habitation licence,i have electric and water at the villa in my name all above board numbers on both,the deal was my duplex plus £25.000 for his villa he sold it through his company for his brother-in law,but he is responsible surely for habitation if its in the contract the seller will meet the expenses for the habitation certififcate,how can i be liable. paul

Mushtaq

Founding Member

From what I understand is that the Habitation certificate is needed and it's the responsibility of the builder, you have a contract that states the seller should provide the property with Habitation certificate, what Cem is saying is that if you want the certificate you have to ask the builder to do it, you can't make him do it.

You can take legal action against the seller for not providing the certificate once you get it yourself if the builder is not able to or won't, but you can only take legal action after you have sorted it out yourself (unless you can persuade the builder to do it)

boxerpaul

bootneck
Hi Paul,

First, I need to start with confessing that you are in a real trouble if you are dealing with such a contractor who is defaulting to fulfill his obligations.

Habitation certificate can merely be given by the council unless the contractor(of the relevant building) has no unpaid debt of tax, social security premium, electric and water. The debtlessness of the contractor has to be verified, and if there's a debt, it has to be paid by the applicant(of the certificate). You have no legal right to call the contractor to pay his debt to the council for taking the habitation certificate, unfortunately. The one who has to undertake this debt is yourself -considering that you want to take the certificate- as well as every applicant who buys a property(without a habitation certificate) from a contractor.

The contract that you are holding may avail if you file a case later on against your contractor for claiming the amount of the money you paid while taking the certificate(which was actually had to be paid by himself). It will probably be a strong argument in such a case but you can't utilize it right now not to pay the debts of him while applying to take the certificate of habitation.

Hope all these help,

Regards.
cem how do i stand if i just ask for my money back and go back to my duplex,there has been occasions when like he had to pay for stuff and i could tell it has broken his poor little heart,he then would say to me said to i give you your money back you give me the villa as you have such a good deal from me yes pigs might fly,i really wanted all this crap, so i may bhave to go that route,and see how it goes he has told the advokat he has paid the habitation licence and ever thing is ok for swap of deeds when permission comes back from millatry,so please tell me what i can do,thanks paul

can you please make enquiries for me to see if theree is debt or loans against my property i need your help paul

how do i stand if i just say right thats it im not taking on board your debts your in default breaking the contract and your responsibilities,as this person twice in the past has mouthed off when he has had to pay out,what a great deal im getting and hes going to give me my money back,if i say ok then give it me back then ill go back to my duplex complete on the deeds for that and as long as i get my monies back the £25.000 i know ill be losing nearly £5000 what i have paid for in the villa, solar heating, curtains security bars,water and electric and millatry check £1000,another £1000 for advokat,but it would be better then this crap,how easy is that then cem,rather then go through this bull your advice please,thanks paul

Last edited by a moderator:

celtic

Paul,

Mushtaq has almost properly understood what I tried to say.

You can either file a case for the performance(taking the habitation certificate) of the contract against your contractor, or pay the charges in advance(although it's not your obligation, but his) and then file a recourse case against him to get payed back.

I recommend you the second way for taking the certificate quickly. Otherwise, you won't have been taken the certificate along the trial(that will probably take years) process in the first route.

boxerpaul

bootneck

yes your right cem but this is another way which normally works its called on the cobbles regards paul

Latest Posts

Top Bottom