bobthenob

Non Active Member
ARM -Another property scam!!!
Just spoken to a buyer from the Aydin Villas and he said he has now lost everything.He now has to go back to Britian without his lovely dogs he had for 9 years.

There is just to much of this happening.When people say it is just the minority,l have to disagree with that,because my Turkish has told me other wise.

Mali

I'm so sorry to continously read about these crooks and rip-off merchants. I haven't visited or posted for a very, very long time.

The reason, you guessed it, we were ripped off to the tune of about £40,000 after court costs....we got nothing back as the lowlife Turkish piece of dirt had got loans out on our property and so the turkish banks took the lot, even though our claim was laid before the courts first.

My health too has suffered, I now have to walk with a walking stick because of my chronic ill health, caused I believe from the stress that the incident has caused.

I wished I'd never heard of the subject of buying property in Turkey and I truly hope that person rots in hell for what he put us through.

He won't though...he's living and working illegally in the UK, justice eh, I think not!!

I hope so much that all those affected get some sort of recompense and justice

carolk

R.I.P
Mali, I am so sorry to hear that, stay this time and help others if you can. I wish you well.

Mali

Mali, I am so sorry to hear that, stay this time and help others if you can. I wish you well.

Thanks Carol, it's difficult, reading other people's stories just upsets me. Sad really, only I know how they feel, the shock, disbelief, dawning realisation that this person has conned you and stolen your money, having to tell your partner and loved ones that you've been scammed, it's awful. The day that happened I feel a part of me died...the part that trusts and believes people.

I did (I thought) do everything right, got an interpretor, a contract signed off by a solicitor, paper trail re all bank transfers of money to the low life's account, then when it was clear we had been conned, had to get a loan out to take hm to court where we were assured that we would get our money back because we had the evidence and were first in line....he conned others...we paid the solicitor and representatives and .....in the end, a big fat zero, well a minus zero because we had to repay the money for the loan we took out to take him to court.

It seems the bank took precedence so we were left with nothing except a court document saying we 'won'....that's a piece of paper worth £40 thousand to us, normal working class people who stupidly had a dream and thought we could have a better life. Instead we feel totally violated.

I don't know what advice I can offer really, it seems even when you do everything 'right' and legally, it makes no difference.

Sorry, reading other people's dreadful stories brings it all back. xx

Sarahlou

Hi Mali, so sorry for what has happened to you. But we have to do whatever we can to help make people aware of what is going on. I wrote recently to Michael Cashman MEP in England and although I am from N Ireland, he hs been true to his word and passed my letter to the foreign office and also wrote on my behalf to S Fule who is the new EU enlargement commissioner, I wrote to him too. The reply from the EU is that they are aware of alleged frauds and that the only way forward is through the Turkish courts. Mr. Fule's office say that his information is that there have been a number of successful cases recently where people have got at least part of their money back, and that the number of frauds being perpetrated has decreased considerably over the last few years. WHAT PLANET ARE THESE PEOPLE ON? I haven't read about anyone having been successful and to say these cases are on the decrease is unbelieveable. I'm going through this process as well, thought I too thought I did everything right, and thank God for the papertrail from my bank. But I have to console myself that if I loose (more than one property) that as long as my family have their health then we will over the loss of the money.

carolk

R.I.P
I did (I thought) do everything right, got an interpretor, a contract signed off by a solicitor, paper trail re all bank transfers of money to the low life's account, then when it was clear we had been conned, had to get a loan out to take hm to court where we were assured that we would get our money back because we had the evidence and were first in line....he conned others...we paid the solicitor and representatives and .....in the end, a big fat zero, well a minus zero because we had to repay the money for the loan we took out to take him to court.

It seems the bank took precedence so we were left with nothing except a court document saying we 'won'....that's a piece of paper worth £40 thousand to us, normal working class people who stupidly had a dream and thought we could have a better life. Instead we feel totally violated.

Hi Mali

Its a dreadful out come and one that happens often but, if one person reads the above bit, some of it may sink in. The banks always take precedence. The solicitors (most) will always take your case and winning as you did is, indeed a hollow victory!!

I wish I had some words of comfort for you. Did you put it on this thread because it was the same builders?

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Mali,l fully sympathize with you.l have also been a victim of the bad guys claiming to be friendly and honest.l lost 35,000pds and also my health deterriated after that.
l will never forgive them for what they have done.

On the Aydin Villa complex is a couple l know stating they have their proper tapu."OK",l said lets see it..back home they said..and the feeble excuses goes on and on.so l won't bore you of another one burying his head in the sand.

The only way to know if you own the property is to see it for yourself at the land registery as registered in your name.l said this to the couple,but as usual they said the tapu is proof the house belong to us...WRONG!,that is not proof,because it could be a fraudulant copy and had the names pasted,also the tapu could be Kat irifaki or arsa.

Another trick is to make the buyers think they will recieve the tapu is by issuing one tapu to one buyer and tells others he has recieved his now and others will follow.Do not fall for this one,it is a trick to play on time in their favour...not the buyers favour.

Mali

Thanks for your replies guys, its appreciated and apologies for hijacking this thread....I should have started my own.

Sarahlou, I feel incredibly let down by the Turkish 'system' and the English Border agency/government who despite my best efforts have not acted on the information I have given re the person who is living now in my country, driving and working illegally, the irony he probably flew in on my money...I'd laugh but its not funny.

It seems the continuous turkish property scandals just gain more victims....it's not fair.

Carolk...no the person who ripped us off stated he was setting up an estate agency, I 'verified' him via the Altinkum ex-pat community...or so I thought. I logged in to see what was happening on here as I haven't visited for such a long time, I was ashamed....although I hadn't done anything wrong, I was humiliated that I had trusted someone with our future and our children's future and had been conned. I suppose havng read this thread...it just came out. Like I say apologies for hijacking.

Bob We (thought) we'd bought a shell, and sent the money for that and then the subsequent money for the internals and external fittings...he was good, on the various trips we made, we picked the kitchen, the bathroom, the railings for the balcony's, the air con....everything, picked it, costed it and sent the money....what fools we were.

He demanded more and more money and even intimidated my child on the phone...like I say LOWLIFE.

We flew to turkey and went to Akbuk and he fled the country that same weekend to my country...ironic.

carolk

R.I.P
Mali, why on earth should you feel ashamed? You didnt con or hurt anyone!. Yes, for many the system is a total let down. I am so sorry.

Lynn2

lynn2
So sorry about your problems Mali, but you should'nt feel ashamed, there are a lot of people in the same boat. The ones who should be ashamed are the crooks !!!! If only one person who had bought in the area lost their home/investment it would be 1 too many, I think there are many more. Somebody at Didim Council last week said 300 investors had lost there homes out of 15,000 [almost sounded as if they were saying "only"] I think there could be many, many more as things are only just coming to light. I do feel for you, it should'nt have happened to you or anyone.

alison09400

Somebody at Didim Council last week said 300 investors had lost there homes out of 15,000 [almost sounded as if they were saying "only"] I think there could be many, many more as things are only just coming to light. I do feel for you, it should'nt have happened to you or anyone.

Yes, I'd say there were a lot more than 300...especially when there are whole complex's that have been lost.

Mali, don't feel ashamed about what's happened; it's certainly not your fault.

tintagel

Dear Mali, thank you so much for having the courage to speak out, it must be so hard for you & such utter heartbreak :(. Far from being ashamed, you should feel very Proud of yourself. You've done everything humanly possible to pursue these rogues & bring them to justice :high5:.

Sadly, sadly........ the Turkish legal system fails foreingers very badly :( (it's such a massive money spinner for them, many have lost all integrity) but, if we all keep chipping away at them & continue to publish our 'nightmares', eventually we will make a difference. I really do believe that we are already making a small difference but only because there are those like yourself, Tess & so many others who have had the courage to speak out.

If you have any details of this piece of sh1te's whereabouts in the UK why not publish them, I'm sure there are several members who are upstanding citizens here & would feel compelled to do their duty and, report him, report him, report him..... until Action is taken to ship the little sh1te home!!

Take good care of yourself xx

Last edited:

Mali

Thank you so much for the ongoing support and the pm's I've received. I'll gather my thoughts and start a new thread.

At some point SOMEONE has to listen and SOMEONE has to pay for all these crimes, I'll do my utmost to campaign that Turkey does not get in the EU, given the property scandals and it seems, corruption on every level and no justice or recompense, I apologise to all decent turkish people out there but my faith in your country and system has been smashed to pieces.

To the person who stole our money, you also stole my health and my faith in human beings and I'll never forgive you for this.

I do not want to be a bitter individual, I would like to be the person I was but where the subject of Turkey is concerned I am bitter and hateful and negative and I'm a really not that kind of person, but something was destroyed and it isn't healing.

Thanks again TL people, I hope so much no-one else has to go through this kind of situation, I fear my hope is in vain though. x

ConnedinUK

Dear Mali, thank you so much for having the courage to speak out, it must be so hard for you & such utter heartbreak :(. Far from being ashamed, you should feel very Proud of yourself. You've done everything humanly possible to pursue these rogues & bring them to justice :high5:.

Sadly, sadly........ the Turkish legal system fails foreingers very badly :( (it's such a massive money spinner for them, many have lost all integrity) but, if we all keep chipping away at them & continue to publish our 'nightmares', eventually we will make a difference. I really do believe that we are already making a small difference but only because there are those like yourself, Tess & so many others who have had the courage to speak out.

If you have any details of this piece of sh1te's whereabouts in the UK why not publish them, I'm sure there are several members who are upstanding citizens here & would feel compelled to do their duty and, report him, report him, report him..... until Action is taken to ship the little sh1te home!!

Take good care of yourself xx
Mary,I am deeply sadened by your plight and the subsequent stress and seizure suffered by Tony.I truly hope you get some justice and that Tony is on the mend, just thinking of what has happened to so many sickens me and can't imagine what you are going through.Tess best wishes to you too,and hope all turns out well in the end!!!! What goes round comes round. jewel x
I don't know if you have made any progress on your issue with this company and Alan William Way since your last post. I was conned by this person and a couple of his British friends in the UK six years ago. part of it is reaching court in March. I am sending this same message to each person who has commented on ARM namely Bev Timms , Sarahlou, Martyn M, Jewel, Tess, Kale, & Tintagel. I cannot see how to send you all a group post. I would be very interested in finding out details of any other UK nationals who were involved at the time of your difficulties. Happy also to converse by email or phone to find a way forward that works for us all to obtain justice.

TLF Admin

Administrator
@ConnedinUK you oy need to post once as everyone will see your post.

If you want to send a private message to someone in particular you can click on their ID and will see their profile from there you can start a conversation that is private between you two.

Have a look a this section of the forum for some tips on finding your way around the forum.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom