ryan

Arinna Residences - 2,4 And Future Ones.
Greedy Landowner and builder

Just thought it was about time someone told the story of what is happening at Arinna. My parents bought an apartment (their dream) in what they thought was the most beautifull place they had seen in Bodrum.

It has turned into a nightmare for them and the others thanks to the greed of landowner/ solicitor Fatma Onen and her sidekicks Debbie Koc/ Abbot previously of L&M emlak and her boyfriend Mehmet Yildiz (Kemaloglu Yapi Builders).

The development was due to be completed in December 06 yet 18 months later, work is at a standstill. Worse still, this so-called builder fell out with the original developer/ builder and took all tiles off the roofs last autumn and allowed the winter months to destroy the interiors of the top apartments.

Retaining walls collapsed and the road up to the development somehow shrunk!! Swimming pool was not finished and basically the place is a mess even though some of the lower apartments are usable (to an exent) A meeting was held in March in which they said the developer had no money - yet the landowner is on most of the contracts as responsible if this situation was to happen.

The owners were told that they would have to pay for the development to be finished at a cost of around £2000 each - 36 apartments - 20 owned by UK owners, 12 Landowner and 10 Turkish and Russian owners.

The landowner has another development below Arinna2 that she is building at the moment with this builder- Arinna 4 and there are future Arinnas 3,5 &6 in the pipeline. These are selling at between £175k and £230k - no money??? Everything since this original meeting has been manipulated by the builder and his girlfriend even to the point that she got herself on to the committee as sole chairperson and he as secretary.

This would not have been allowed in the uk but obviously they think they can do what they like. People have been threatened with having their electricity, water cut off, break - ins (both these have already happened to members of TLF who are to worried what they might do next) getting bailiffs in if they dont pay etc etc. These are really NICE PEOPLE!!!!!

Last edited:

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Re: Greedy Landowner and builder

One of the best ways to deal with selfish attitudes like this one, is too go to the press,and reveal all.You will be surprized what they dig up,that can go in your favour.

Cicero

Cicero

Have to agree with Bob you should go to the press as long as you are sure of your facts.

Ryan...what a nightmare for all concerned..
it also highlights the problems of either buying off plan or before things have been finished seems theres a lot to be said for buying a place thats finished and been lived in.

i would agree with the others these bad people need to be exposed

Last edited:

Spot on, Shirley. Ryan - I really feel for your parents and sincerely hope that they manage to get something sorted out.

Last edited:

ryan

Thanks for your replies. I wouldn't know where to start with the Press. Do you mean British Press, Turkish Press or both? These people are ruthless in their endeavour to get money out of the owners. Does anyone know of a way to get Koc and Yildiz off the committee. If we pay them there is no guarantee the work will be done. Last summer, I beleive some of the owners from one estate agent (there were two selling) were forced into paying their last instalments of staged payments so that the developer Mehmet Killic, could finish the build work and swimming pool. Nothing happened at all other than the tiles been taken off the roof. Now, owners are being forced to pay for the replacement of these tiles. You should see the insides of some of these! I dont beleive Fatma Onen, Solicitor from Ankara, (who is supposed to be an honourable woman) has paid her share of the money (she still owns 5 apartments). She has supposedly paid it to the builder in cash and there is no receipt to be seen , only a chit from the builder Yildiz to say he has received it. I know some people are talking to solicitors but getting nowhere fast as they all say the meetings were illegal and to take them to court. But as it takes such a long time, owners are worried that their apartments wont stand another winter, especially if this thuggish builder, Mehmet Yilldiz and his girlfriend Debbie Koc/ Abbott dont get their way.

bobthenob

Non Active Member

Go to your local tabloid,and have a word with the editor.Take the pohtos,and as much evidence that can strengthen your case.Once you have enough against these people then,the publishing can start.
Once the authorities has seen the evidence that has been revealed by,digging in their past,and you will be going to the British press as well.l do think they will jump and,and look into it.Since the tourist industry has already had quite of bit of bad publicity lately,due to the selfish behaviour of a few,that ruins it for the rest.l think they will listen to this one.
You got to remember,that the press must protect themselves from liability,thats why its so important on what you've got is a strong case to publish.
Look at my thread,,in tracking down Terri Wilson.This gave me solid evidence to strengthen my case to go to the press,and l did.l also have gone to the British press,but am still waiting for the replies.
Reveal them,shame them,and convict them.They are stealing your money,thats enough to be classed as a criminal offence.Get together as a force,don't pay them,always take photos of their behaviout at any time,even better a recorder.

OWENA

About time someone had the GUTS to say it as it is! I am one of the original byers who still has no Tapu after 3 years and am frightened to say too much in case they try to do anything.

bobthenob

Non Active Member

OWENA said:
About time someone had the GUTS to say it as it is! I am one of the original byers who still has no Tapu after 3 years and am frightened to say too much in case they try to do anything.
You probably have a case on this one,because of my suspicions.What the builders and agents do is,work together as one,this could mean they have handed over the tapus to the bank as security to take out more loans.And you will not get these back until the loan is fully paid up to the bank.lf it is not paid up,then the banks have the right to repocess these properties.
lf this is true[and l did see this before]then they are liable to a maximum of 5 years in jail.Go to the agent or whoever is responsible,and say.ls the bank holding our tapu's for security,and when will l be recieving my tapu.Give them a dead line say 2 months,lf you don't come up with my tapu at that time,l will be going to the authorities.The garndarma.

OWENA

Thats exactly what they will do - it's already happened to us and a few others off the forum! Very quick to tell you if you dont pay you get your electric and water switched off and we got broken into (a mistake apparently, he thought it was his apartment, but did he not notice that it was furnished or was it the 'furniture fairies' or the very kind builder, who just happened to be his cousin, that had furnished it for him) through the balcony patio door - we are a top apartment! and he stayed there for two days.

pldouglas

Stories like this also highlight how sure you have to be before you reccommend anyone. We bought our original apartment years ago (long since sold) through L & M properties and had no problems with them at the time, apart from the usual being ripped off with the Solar and a bit of furniture, other than that they were great. They used to have offices in London too. Do they still have offices in Bodrum near the Marina, or is this Debbie and Mehmet no longer part of L&M?

OWENA

Thanks Bob, will have a word with our estate agent. It seems fishy that there are 6 of us from the same estate agent without tapus while all the others who only bought last year from L&M all have theirs.

Last edited:

mollag

Kipper restorer

The efforts re the press will bring pressure to bear but will not resolve your difficulties alone.
Employ legal representitives from outside the area, sue the arses off them, report their behavior to their legal bodies [if they are lawyers] Take out injunctions on their other projects and shut them down untill you recieve your due. These people know no shame, only by law can you force them to meet their obligations.

OWENA

This is the same Debbie who no longer works at L&M. Mehmet Yildiz is her builder boyfriend and they work together at Kemaloglu Yapi just outside Yalikavak. Think you are thinking of Murat at L&M and yes, they are still near the marina

Guz1

Good advice from Mollag. All very well telling the press how sore you are, but if you want to get even go the legal route. I know that sounds expensive, but at least there are six of you to share the cost.

OWENA

mollag said:
The efforts re the press will bring pressure to bear but will not resolve your difficulties alone.
Employ legal representitives from outside the area, sue the arses off them, report their behavior to their legal bodies [if they are lawyers] Take out injunctions on their other projects and shut them down untill you recieve your due. These people know no shame, only by law can you force them to meet their obligations.

But all of this takes a lot of money surely? You cant even get a lawyer to talk to you without spending money first. The only one we have spoken to who has asked us for nothing is Mehmet Sinop who we are hoping will help us with this situation.

Mark and Wendy

Wendy and Mark

I just want to say how good our builders are (Ufuk Beton) hillside apartments. We have had one or two problems, not of their making and they have helped us through everything. Even as far as helping us to retreive a parcel we sent via DHL. Nothing to do with the builder but they helped anyway. After hearing about some of the other builders I'd like to say a big thankyou to ours.

mollag

Kipper restorer

OWENA said:
But all of this takes a lot of money surely? You cant even get a lawyer to talk to you without spending money first. The only one we have spoken to who has asked us for nothing is Mehmet Sinop who we are hoping will help us with this situation.

You will not get out of this without spending money, i was in a similar situation and was quite forthright with them, no more money for you, but i will spend thousands in breaking your company--its the only language they understand---let us not be under any illusion, they are trying to steal from you, treat them like the thieves they are.
My personal problems were with an emlak in Gumusluk, briefly they had spent all my money and if i wanted my tapu i should cough up another 3,000tl---no bloody chance
150tl for 2 letters from a lawyer and bingo i had my tapu.
Be as ruthless as they are-go for the throat!

ryan

Come on Yildiz and Ms Koc/Abbott speak up . Tell us you are innocent and all the nasty uk owners are being unfair on you (but you cant can you cos it's not true like everything else you say).

Latest Posts

Top Bottom