vonnie

Arfin Consultancy Altinkum, gone?
Hi

We have been using the above Solicitors and have just found out they have gone bust (no letter or communication, I googled to find out!)

We have no idea how to get hold of anyone, or where any of our paperwork is.

Can anyone help?

flowerpotman

No Clique just Creak
Re: Arfin Consultancy

Hi Vonnie sorry to hear that. An Idea of where the solicitors practice ie what area might elicit some more replies.

Mushtaq

Administrator

Where were they based? do you have the old contact details?

Peregrine

I heard someone referred to as a "user" the other day and it strikes me that a lot of new members on here recently (like this one) are users

they offer nothing yet ask for help the minute they sign up, and dont have the courtesy to explain who they are, how they got into a pickle and worst of all not even a please!!

:laser:

Big Pete

Big but not a Lardy !!

I heard someone referred to as a "user" the other day and it strikes me that a lot of new members on here recently (like this one) are users

they offer nothing yet ask for help the minute they sign up, and dont have the courtesy to explain who they are, how they got into a pickle and worst of all not even a please!!

I must say i agree on this .

A little Hi Guys i am in a pickle Please can anyone help would of been a lot nicer ..

vonnie

Mushtaq and Flowerpotman - thank you for your response, unfortunatley I have no contact details as all emails are being returned and the mobile numbers no longer work. If memory serves me correctly they were on attaturk boulevard in Didim (opposite Garanti Bank).

Peregrine and Big Pete - I've obviously offended both of you - to be honest I didnt even realise I had to introduce myself. Calling me a user for asking a question on a internet forum is a little harsh..... I admit, my posting could have been worded better, however I was at work and in a rush to type.

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here but people get easily upset when new members forget or do not think to introduce themselves before they ask a question...

I agree that it is quite harsh to call people "users" when they join a forum for people who live in and/or are interested in Turkey and then ask a question about Turkey (isn't that the primary purpose?). Some people just want to ask a question, especially if they are having a Turkey related crisis and will then get to know people as they see how useful and friendly the site is.

Forum etiquette is not always apparent and many may not think to do the introductions first, surely they are still welcome to ask questions and they will then be more likely to stay and get to know everyone...

Just an opinion!

jimskem

Message for Peregrine and Big Pete, I also did not introduce myself,
and if you don't like it, tough.
As someone not familiar with forum etiquette,i did not realise it was the norm to introduce oneself.
May i suggest you leave the management of the forum to be supervised by Mushtaq and the Administrators.
Furthemore, when a fellow member is requesting important information,
if you can not contribute in any way, say nowt.

Mushtaq

Administrator

Vonnie, if you can give some more details via PM if you prefer, I can try to find out more. might be worth telling me who the seller or developer was maybe they will know what happened to them.

You need to give lot more information of the transaction to be able to locate the parties involved, usually the solicitor just does the initial paperwork, rest of the process is taken care of by the developer or estate agent.

Peregrine

Mushtaq and Flowerpotman - thank you for your response, unfortunatley I have no contact details as all emails are being returned and the mobile numbers no longer work. If memory serves me correctly they were on attaturk boulevard in Didim (opposite Garanti Bank).

Peregrine and Big Pete - I've obviously offended both of you - to be honest I didnt even realise I had to introduce myself. Calling me a user for asking a question on a internet forum is a little harsh..... I admit, my posting could have been worded better, however I was at work and in a rush to type.

Vonnie

I am not offended, just a little irritated

please costs nothing

and if this issue is important then take a bit of time and give it the attention it deserves. It was evident that you had rushed into this by the brevity of your post.

delightful

aka Ishik, World Abodes
Hi Vonnie,
I'm so sorry to hear of your problem. It's unusual for a firm of solicitors to go bust;they may not all excel in their work but the Turkish Bar Association keeps a close eye on their trading.

Below are the telephone numbers to the Aydin Bar Association in Didim, who may be able to help to locate them.

813 24 22 (BARO) bar association

813 56 76 (ADLİYE) courthouse
813 56 80 (ADLİYE)
813 56 83 (ADLİYE)
813 56 85 (ADLİYE)
813 56 88 (ADLİYE)
813 24 22 (BARO)

813 56 51 (ADLİYE) - courthouse

I can't post link here but PM me to send you the link.
Also if it was the the estate agent/developer you purchased through who recommended them, then they should definitely know something.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Ishik

vonnie

Vonnie

I am not offended, just a little irritated

please costs nothing

and if this issue is important then take a bit of time and give it the attention it deserves. It was evident that you had rushed into this by the brevity of your post.

First of all thank you to Mustaq (I will pm you), Jimskem and Irishmate - I honestly didnt intend to come across rude, I was in a rush, and very worried, so I literally typed in the message and logged off. I really appreciate the advice (and support!) i'm getting from each of you - so thank you!!

Peregrine - Like I previously mentioned, I was at work when I found out the news and didnt have time to familiarise myself with forum etiquette before posting. If you dont like the way I post a message, why waste your time replying if it irritates you so much.

Martyn

First of all thank you to Mustaq (I will pm you), Jimskem and Irishmate - I honestly didnt intend to come across rude, I was in a rush, and very worried, so I literally typed in the message and logged off. I really appreciate the advice (and support!) i'm getting from each of you - so thank you!!

Peregrine - Like I previously mentioned, I was at work when I found out the news and didnt have time to familiarise myself with forum etiquette before posting. If you dont like the way I post a message, why waste your time replying if it irritates you so much.

Vonnie forget about it. People do get irritated by new visitors immediately posting about their businesses etc. You are clearly not about that so welcome to the forum and please enjoy yourself.

vonnie

Hi Vonnie,
I'm so sorry to hear of your problem. It's unusual for a firm of solicitors to go bust;they may not all excel in their work but the Turkish Bar Association keeps a close eye on their trading.

Below are the telephone numbers to the Aydin Bar Association in Didim, who may be able to help to locate them.

813 24 22 (BARO) bar association

813 56 76 (ADLİYE) courthouse
813 56 80 (ADLİYE)
813 56 83 (ADLİYE)
813 56 85 (ADLİYE)
813 56 88 (ADLİYE)
813 24 22 (BARO)

813 56 51 (ADLİYE) - courthouse

I can't post link here but PM me to send you the link.
Also if it was the the estate agent/developer you purchased through who recommended them, then they should definitely know something.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Ishik

Thank you Ishik for taking the time to reply with such helpful information, I really appreciate your help.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom