Votes: 43 44.3%
  • No

Votes: 43 44.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 11 11.3%

• Total voters

Martyn

Are you an Atheist?
I'm surprised by the number of people who are Atheists, I am, so I thought a poll is in order. Very simple are you an Atheist?

Harem

I've cliqued
Are you an Atheist?
We were very surprised at the number of Turkish people who declare themselves as atheists.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Are you an Atheist?
Every morning as i awaken i thank God that i am an athiest.

I don't think it's anyone else's business.

Quite right but we are an inquisitive race.:28:

Guz1

Are you an Atheist?
Don't blame you for being confused considering you mentioned the poll in your opening post.

Note to self: Read the posts!!!

Are you an Atheist?
im surprised at the number of people who say they are atheists and are also superstitious..
since believing in nothing why have faith in hocus pocus.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Are you an Atheist?
im surprised at the number of people who say they are atheists and are also superstitious..
since believing in nothing why have faith in hocus pocus.

Good point, all i can think is that a lot of superstitions are fact based eg dont walk under a ladder, stuff will drop on you, and also that many superstitions stem from a time long before christianity eg touch wood for luck, these are normally embedded in childhood and become habit, like religion really.

Yeah, good point, worth following up.

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Are you an Atheist?
Not after today. I was on my round and stood at a door, when the weight of snow on the roof must have dislodged a full slate. It came down and fell on my hand (which was about 6 inches away from my head) cutting it. Thank you god!!!

Martyn

Are you an Atheist?
Not after today. I was on my round and stood at a door, when the weight of snow on the roof must have dislodged a full slate. It came down and fell on my hand (which was about 6 inches away from my head) cutting it. Thank you god!!!

If there was a god it would have missed completely :lol:

Saoirse

Are you an Atheist?
if there was a god all TAPUs would arrive in a week, there would be free flights to Turkey and Robbie Keane would join the Celts!

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Are you an Atheist?
If God wanted me to be an atheist he would have given me a sign, oh sod.......

Steve.

Firebrand

Are you an Atheist?
Good point, all i can think is that a lot of superstitions are fact based eg dont walk under a ladder, stuff will drop on you, and also that many superstitions stem from a time long before christianity eg touch wood for luck, these are normally embedded in childhood and become habit, like religion really.

My mum (A Christian) says that touching wood is in fact derived from touching the cross. She is someone that has a superstition for all occasions though. I am left handed and when she sees me stirring food anti-clockwise it's always good to watch her wince, as she says I'm stirring the devil into food. As an atheist having a bit of devil in my food doesn't bother me so long as it brings a bit of flavour . . .

Latest Posts

Top Bottom