Status
Not open for further replies.

ApenMart

Are there any English families living in Dalyan?
Hi

Are there any English families living in Dalyan?? Our family is thinking of moving to Dalaman, I can`t seem to find any families there! but was told there maybe in Dalayan.

If there is would be gr8t to hear from you as have lots of questions re schools etc.. we have 2 boys aged 6 and 9.

So if there is anybody out there..... plse get in touch!

April and Martyn xxx

pilch50

Hi

I undestand there are quite a few british residents and owners in the Fethiye region.

tony&rose

tony&rose
hi apenmart,we live in dalaman have done for last 3 years lots of british in dalaman nice place to live as its a turkish town not a resort,if we can answere any questions please feel free to ask .regards tony and rose

dstearn

You will find very few families in this area, mainly because many schools won't take the children unless they can spreak Turkish. You would have to put them in private schools, which can be expensive & there are none locally. There are a number of families in Dalyan, maybe 6, but all those I know have a English/Turkish parents.

The other reason limiting families from coming here is the laws on working, unless you are financially independant, the only way to earn money is to open your own business, a minefield, even then you are not allowed to work in it yourself, so must employ Turks for everything.

Hope that is helpful, please take lots of advice from the Embassy or Turkish authorities before you make any decisions.

Good Luck

ihutch

I wouldn't really recommend bring small children to live here unless they can speak some Turkish. dstearn is right - you need to be completely independant financially as earning money here is not possible. Many people think they can own a bar or restaurant and make money but they find the reality a lot different, and the best advise is not to even contemplate going into business here. Give it a lot of thought as it is your children's lives that will be changed tremendously and the stresses of moving to a new country with new laws and customs can be overwhelming. Take lots of advice, preferably from people who have lived abroad for some time and know what they are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom