Applying for Turkish driving licence
Hello everyone,
I am asking on behalf of my dad who requires a Turkish driving licence, how do you get proof of education from UK? My dad is nearly 60 and we dont have any documents from his primary or secondary education. He never went to uni or college and is a tradesman so has never had any need to keep any school certificates.
would appreciate if any one can point us in the direction of how we get this proof?
many thanks

enoch

Hello everyone,
I am asking on behalf of my dad who requires a Turkish driving licence, how do you get proof of education from UK? My dad is nearly 60 and we dont have any documents from his primary or secondary education. He never went to uni or college and is a tradesman so has never had any need to keep any school certificates.
would appreciate if any one can point us in the direction of how we get this proof?
many thanks
It could be like a lot of us I have no certificate you have to leave the country every 6 months which is a pain in the but I have not been able to leave Turkey for nearly 4 years. The police are not really the problem in some areas I have asked a few traffic police and they are not bothered, it's the insurance company's they will cancel your policy after an incident so you have to pay everything and if there is a fatality you are responsible for the upkeep of the family. There is a fine I think it's about 700 tl. I hope you can find what you are looking for from the education records but so many have failed.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Hello everyone,
many thanks
Desperate measures, but could you contact the local education authorities to get something official saying that he attended a particular school between the years XXXX to XXXX and finished his education successfully?

Kanga

Hello everyone,
many thanks
Have you tried contacting the DVLA and asking them to confirm he has a legal and full UK licence?
Have you looked at Doc Martin's website, he usually has the answers.

UPDATE> see Info - Motoring - Driving Licence Exchange Process in Turkey
for a link to Doc Martin.

Last edited:

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom

enoch

The way it works is so long as you've been to school whether you you can drive or not you can have a driving licence. Because watching some of the antics out of them and parking they should be more concerned about learning them to drive. 🤔

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Got the call this week from the nufus Mud, wife's licence is approved. It took about 5 months to get a reply from DVLC. Now we can pay the fee and get the medical done. Did both this morning in less that 1 hour. Imagine walking into a doctor's surgery in the UK without an appointment! He gave the cert in 20 mins. Once on the system the chaps at the Nufus Mud can see that she has passed the medical, no real need for the cert. fee was 1461.90TL

Last edited:

MJL

Got the call this week from the nufus Mud, wife's licence is approved. It took about 5 months to get a reply from DVLC. Now we can pay the fee and get the medical done. Did both this morning in less that 1 hour. Imagine walking into a doctor's surgery in the UK without an appointment! He gave the cert in 20 mins. Once on the system the chaps at the Nufus Mud can see that she has passed the medical, no real need for the cert. fee was 1461.90TL
What’s the medical if you dont mind me asking? Is it blood test?

In our case it was sight and colour blindness test, + a few questions 'have you ever suffered from epilepsy? etc
Oh dear. Our plan when we move to Turkey in a few months was for me to keep my UK licence & my husband to change his to a Turkish one. I am now worried that he won't pass the colour blindness test.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Oh dear. Our plan when we move to Turkey in a few months was for me to keep my UK licence & my husband to change his to a Turkish one. I am now worried that he won't pass the colour blindness test.
Actually I did not either, but I pointed to something red and something green in the room and he passed me. On the road I have no problem, only if the colours are pastel shades

My husband doesn't know blue from purple & purple/pink etc. Some of it is his eyes, I think another part may be that he doesn't know his colours.

The other day when we were talking about colours he thought that Ballet shoe pink was Barbie pink. All I can say is it is a good job that he wasn't buying the paint & decorating my daughter's bedroom or it may of looked quite different to what she wanted. She has Ballet Shoe pink.

enoch

My husband doesn't know blue from purple & purple/pink etc. Some of it is his eyes, I think another part may be that he doesn't know his colours.

The other day when we were talking about colours he thought that Ballet shoe pink was Barbie pink. All I can say is it is a good job that he wasn't buying the paint & decorating my daughter's bedroom or it may of looked quite different to what she wanted. She has Ballet Shoe pink.
Maybe he's just like me pink is pink red is red

Latest Posts

Top Bottom