Status
Not open for further replies.

bickern

Apologies to bobthenob
I apologise for what seemed to be an hijack of your thread which is probably the reason it was closed.

I for one welcome a lot of your comments even though I don't always agree with them as people do not always agree with mine.

It is of course a personal issue if you decide to leave, but remember you can always come back.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Apologies to bobthenob
What the hell have you lot been up to since I was here this afternoon?? :lol:

I didn't participate in the debate so I won't comment on it apart from saying that I hope BTN takes a step back and reflects on things for a while - it'll be amazing how differently things will look in a day or two....

I have to say on a general note that this forum has always been superbly well run and members do get a good chance to air their view and opinions, but we all need to be careful as to how far we go at times.

Having said that, I've noticed in recent times a hell of a lot of edited and deleted posts, and a certain arrogance in posts from one particular source, which is rather uncomfortable for many I'm sure, as you feel you can't respond to the remarks in the same way as you perhaps normally would.

There has to be rules here without a doubt, and I have always supported the 'management' without question, but I have to say that has been tested of late.

I don't want to offend or fall out with anyone, nor do I wish to be kicked out of the forum as I really enjoy participating, but perhaps it's time for a period of reflection from more than Bob?

C

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Apologies to bobthenob
if he goes thats up 2 him, he seems to be very opinionated and rude at times, i dont think people will be sad or miss him so much like they make out, sorry but im just being honest. At the end of a day, this is an online forum for friendly advice and debates, now if people cant handle that and get way too emotional over topics, then perhaps best they do leave and stay real. A man of bobs age and 'wisdom' should know this and be sensible about things and not sulk when things dont go his way, well thats some people for you...

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies to bobthenob
A recent post of mine criticizing moderator "a" was edited by moderator "b" and it got me to thinking and going back over dead threads. I found other such cases. Is it a case of " Dave, do us a favor and edit that last post criticizing me"?

jcrian

Apologies to bobthenob
A recent post of mine criticizing moderator "a" was edited by moderator "b" and it got me to thinking and going back over dead threads. I found other such cases. Is it a case of " Dave, do us a favor and edit that last post criticizing me"?

I didn't see your post that was edited. Editing is up to the moderator and we have forum rules to go by to give us guidelines. We do our best to remain impartial but can't read every post or be online all the time.That is why we have the reporting facility for members to help us to do our job.

If you feel you have been treated unfairly send a pm to Mushtaq as it is his forum.

A lot of members joining the forum fail to read the rules when they join and then wonder why posts get edited.

panther

Apologies to bobthenob
I'm a Bob supporter "Big Time." If many of us knew at the time what Bob writes warning us, then many wouldn't have fallen prey to this unscrupulous trade.

What Bob is trying to say is don't fall into "grooming your minds" all the smiles, keeping you close so you don't see other agents. Shadowing you all the time when they think you are out to buy. This agent/builder? is the most genuine person and pleasant I have ever met, always there for me. I thought this of my agent at the time. "How reliable he was." At the hotel every morning at 8.30am even when having breakfast.

Bob certainly wasn't getting at all agents, but saying be careful don't trust anyone. Do your homework.

People need to be warned, because it is not as safe as buying property in the U.K. On the contrary, the opposite.

Remember Bob is talking from experience losing a lot of money as his plight can be read "ripped off webs."

He was only precautioning people to suss these ones out.

Sorry, but this is the way I have always seen Bob's posts. He's a genuine, honest person. He gives praise to solicitor and agents where due.

Last edited:
Apologies to bobthenob
Well then Ian, let us be very specific.
Commenting on the "need for introductions" poll, I welcomed the results [2:1 at the time] because, I said, it might take the rude and overenthusiastic moderator "a" [KKOB] down a peg or two. That was edited.
I complained to Mr Mushtaq but was given a brush off.

carolk

R.I.P
Apologies to bobthenob
if he goes thats up 2 him, he seems to be very opinionated and rude at times, i dont think people will be sad or miss him so much like they make out, sorry but im just being honest. At the end of a day, this is an online forum for friendly advice and debates, now if people cant handle that and get way too emotional over topics, then perhaps best they do leave and stay real. A man of bobs age and 'wisdom' should know this and be sensible about things and not sulk when things dont go his way, well thats some people for you...

Zuber, you didn't like it much when a lot of people on here thought you shouldn't be here did you? People are outspoken and the ones who have said they will miss BTN, will miss him!!

No one agrees all the time and some pretty bad things have happened to him and he feels he needs to warn people of the pitfalls, which is far better than the alternative - leaving them to flounder!! No one is forced to read his threads. If you have learned anything at all about him you will know he is an emotional man and I hope he takes time out, thinks about it and, comes back. Too many people think its OK to be rude to Bob!

Ceemac, another outstanding post.

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Apologies to bobthenob
Well said Carol, I agree wholeheartedly. I think that Zuberdust has not read the whole story and has misunderstood the situation(well I hope so anyway). Ive never found bobs opinions to be rude and he certainly is fair and give praise when due.

I don;t think that a moderator thanking Zuberdust for his post is showing a full understanding either.

Eve

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Apologies to bobthenob
I think Bob"s contribution to this forum has been very helpful to alot of people - he has had a bad time in Turkey and justs wants to help others - I for one will miss him - never met him but he feels like a good friend !

Zuberdust - you should have been long gone !!
Why did you stay ?
I complained about the way you responded to some of my posts - you were made to begrudginly apologise and then sent me vile pm " s.

What contribution to you make to this forum - you have never even been to Turkey !

PASH

Apologies to bobthenob
The one thing i have noted over the last few months is the increase in the amount of posts that are being edited and there is no reason given for the editing? As for Bob, i stated in a previous thread that was closed, that whilst we may not always agree with what Bob says, his contributions have been interesting and worthwhile. I for one will miss his contributions as i think he added a source of amusement as well as useful information.

maggie

Apologies to bobthenob
I will miss Bob very much he speaks from the heart as it not afraid to say what or how he feels.

He writes as he would if he was speaking to someone I too have been told I do that.

If certain people dont like what he writes once again they have the right to ignore his threads and postings.

Bob is a valued member of this Forum and has contribitued some usefull and informative writings over my time on here.

I have had the pleasure of meeting him and he is a lovelley witty warm hearted chap who would help anyone if he could.
Thats all he was trying to do on here WARN and HELP people.

Come back Bob we miss you.!!!

Hugs Maggie xxx

pebble

Apologies to bobthenob
Yike, Im gone for a bit and *hit hit the fan *** what happend? we all have our excentric members in a family, Bob had some very interesting posts, he was informative, he went thru an experience that he wanted to share with us that had a devastating effect on his life. he is a great gardner, he always shared his knowldge and experience. I must have missed what was going on. it will be a loss to OUR forum. and I have no idea about what is going on behind the scene....must be another one of those "conspiracy" theories

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Apologies to bobthenob
Maggie, Pebble, you are so right. Bob please do not deny your fan club of your presence. Ignore the trouble makers, everyone is entitiled to an opinion but if you don't like it then do what I do and call them a silly B**** and don't read it. You know they say what goes around comes around. Just you wait and see

pebble

Apologies to bobthenob
Maggie, Pebble, you are so right. Bob please do not deny your fan club of your presence. Ignore the trouble makers, everyone is entitiled to an opinion but if you don't like it then do what I do and call them a silly B**** and don't read it. You know they say what goes around comes around. Just you wait and see

or use the ignore button, I have, works wonders.

Guz1

Apologies to bobthenob
Let's not turn this into a Bob versus Moderators thread. Evidently, someone reported either the thread that Bob started or the content of his post(s) and the moderators acted on that complaint. As one of those who contributed to the thread (and some of my posts could well have added fuel to the fire) I don't see the point of blaming the moderators.

Bob didn't actually say that he was leaving the forum. I think it would be best all round if we didn't fuel the argument and just let everyone cool down. I'm hoping that Bob will realise that he can do more good by remaining a member of the forum. Given a choice between reading Bob's posts and contributions from whoever reported him, I would opt for Bob every time.

kale

Apologies to bobthenob
hi bob don,t go know what you have been through ,we are on the same road as you /what does it say WELCOME TO TURKEY well my answer to that is turkey be ASHAMED .get your act together before its to late .haveing been through as much sh....... AS BOB i no exactley were he,s comeing from now leave him alone please . words can,t hurt anyone only your hard earned money.

BOB don,t go yor post are brill and when i can talk i will
lots of love to mr & mrs b from kale:blowkiss:

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Apologies to bobthenob
who are these people who report threads to the Moderators? It smacks to me rather like the Social Security hot line. As I say if you don't like a thread then don't read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom