anyone want some Ghurka currie recipies
I lived in Hong Kong when it was still in our hands, before Chris Patten gave it back to the Chinese whilst living in the New Territories I went to Gurkha cookery classes, held by the Ghurkhas army cooks themselves and an also Cantonese cookery classes all the recipese are amazinly simple but so delicious if anyone is interested I would be more than happy to pass them on they are easy with few ingrediants including the traditional peking duck which would be so easy to make in Turkey because you need to after marinading it dry it hung in an airy cold place, TURKEYall the ingredients are easily obtainable in Turkey it may liven up someones dinner palate, anyone interested let me know

Neil you sound as though you live in Gumusluk as I do in Gumsan I was only trying to offer some trusted authentic recipes for anyone to try, thay may like them, your reply did not include Aludam, have you tried it?

sorry neil I think I misundersod you remember Aludam?

and playing cricket on the airfield you will either understand or think I am a total loony

also the goat crury bought by the Ghurkha swimming poo, heaven I still dream about it

alu dum is one of my faves too. the hotter the better.

don't know anything aou cricket at the airfield .. i learned my nepali in nepal, but the gurkha friends i had were all cricket mad. i hoped they ducked when the planes were landing.

ChrisBobs

Always ready for a good simple curry- Aloo Dam (Potatoes?) , Dhal- it looks being a long winter on lentils! etc please post a one or two so we can all appreciate what they are?
Thanks

suzyq

Sounds like a great idea Liz, could you put them on the receipe page? :)

boabnmay

boabnmay
Hi Harryandliz,

Just come across your recipe thread. Only 13 months late!!
Would love to see and attempt some of your Ghurka recipes, if they are still available after all this time.
Sounds like a welcome relief from the usual usual.

Thanks

BoabnMay

Latest Posts

Top Bottom