Anyone using slingbox
When I get to Turkey I have been told to use a Slingbox connected to my daughter's TV in the UK so I can watch TV on my laptop.

Has anyone any experience on using this, as I don't want to pay £169 for a Slingbox only to find it doesn't work.

Sue

lara

Anyone using slingbox
Hi Sue

My husband uses the Slingbox and rates it very highly, the slingbox solo.
A word of caution, be careful of your upload and download limits, as it uses a high volume of internet data.
You can connect PIR, that allows you to control your sky box remotely, you can connect a web cam also CCTV.
You can easily switch between them.
Only one person can connect to the slingbox to watch live stream but you can install software on any PC, also you can use mobile version which enables you to watch on your mobile phone.
Slingbox charges £30 for registration of your device, if you want to use ID code, we use IP code free of charge.
Hope this helps.

Lara

Anyone using slingbox
When I get to Turkey I have been told to use a Slingbox connected to my daughter's TV in the UK so I can watch TV on my laptop.

Has anyone any experience on using this, as I don't want to pay £169 for a Slingbox only to find it doesn't work.

Sue

Hi Sue,

We bought a Slingbox solo a few days ago from PC World for £106. It is all set up on our NTL cable box and works great remotely from work (about 20 miles away). Yet to be tested in Turkey but going out there on the 16th May so will report back when we return.

ZiaCa'

Anyone using slingbox
I use mine in Turkey, generally without problems, but occasionally streaming is not very good. I understand this is something to do with bandwith.

Anyone using slingbox
After nearly a week messing with the turkish telecom, we managed to get the site router to talk to the outside world and the internet. I also tested the Slingbox application on the laptop and it worked a treat. Not a brilliant picture but it is watchable. I now have ALL the channels I have in the UK output through my laptop to our flat screen tv in turkey.
We also have the added bonus of being able to watch recorded programs as we have it attached to our Virgin Cable V+ box at home. Best gadget I have bought yet. One added plus is I also have it on my IPHONE so can watch TV anywhere in Yalikavak (once I am on the wireless). I love gadgets ! Griff

Latest Posts

Top Bottom