Anyone on the Hillside in the near future???!!!
Hiya,

Looking at Maggies account of the storms in Akbuk has me more than just a little concerned about the state of our apartment.

We are coming over at the end of March with my son and his young family and I would like a bit of warning as to what we will be walking into.

We have e-mailed Utku but to no avail.

So, is there anyone there at the moment or in the near future who would be happy to go and investigate for us???

We would be eternally gratefull.
:thanks:

juco

I wouldnt worry too much at the moment as there will be loads of heavy rain over the next couple of months.

Thanks for your 'reassuring' comments Juco,but if you don't mind,I will continue to worry!!!

I was simply asking if anyone would be good enough to check our place out for us. Something several of us have done for each other in the past and hopefully will continue to do. It is called being friendly.

Instead of making flippant unhelpful comments.

I see you are now located on Planet Earth. Where do you originate from I wonder!!!!!

But I will repeat as Juco has so kindly put this back to the top, if anyone is willing to have a look at our place if they are able, we would be very grateful indeed.

From a more than just a bit upset Mary

juco

From a more than just a bit upset Mary

It wasn’t meant to be reassuring I cant understand how you came to that conclusion. Or were you just being flippant?

“It is called being friendly”…thanks for the explanation. Or were you being flippant?

In any case think what you may as it wasn’t a flippant remark as many have had water damage in previous years panicked and got it repaired only for more water damage during the early part of the year, and ending up costing them much more money than necessary.

biggles

biggles
I can see where juco is coming from as if someone was going over in ,say 2 weeks but if you are talking about maybe 6 weeks with the amount of rain to come ,i think if it is bad over there you will just worry for 6 weeks instead of say 2 . Where my place is it has been bad for 4 days but i wont bother worrying untill April or bother checking .

Madwife

Hi Mary

We're also going over at end of March.

Our friend who lives in Akbuk looks after several properties including ours. I had an e-mail 2 days ago from him saying that all is well with our apartment. So, altho I can't speak for yours, it's a bit reassuring to know that ours (at the top of the world) is OK. Hope you find someone to go take a look so you can rest easy. I DO understand how worrying it can be, and I reckon I'd be fretting too if it weren't for Ray's weekly visits.

Take care - catch you one day in Akbuk???w

I think I ought to apologise for my strong tone last night, but honestly Juco, all I wanted was to find out if anyone would be able to look at our place so we have an idea what state the place is in. We have suffered very very badly with damp and water getting into the apartment in the past. Yes, I agree with you that was is seen now as OK, can change over the coming weeks/months. But our patio door was cracked just before we left last September. The site manager had promised it would be repaired, but we know there is a greater chance that it will not have been done. A patio door that is already compromised will not take much force at all to completely give way. Hailstones the size of golf balls have been reported.If someone was to check, and the place needed attention, then one of us would may be able to come over and sort something out.

I will continue to worry, it is human nature and just hope that when we turn up at 11pm, with 2 babies, 16 months and 5 months ,that we can get to the kettle for a well needed cup of tea without having to don our wellies!!!! and that the smell of damp is at least tolerable till morning.

juco

but honestly Juco, all I wanted was to find out if anyone would be able to look at our place

No worries we all have our days.

My reply was genuine as I have seen the rains in Jan-Mrch. I can understand your concern but getting repairs done for the start of the season is all about timing (unless a major issue) otherwise you could do them several times over.

We probably all have butterflies in our stomachs when we make that first visit at the start of the season.

Akbuk Rob

Hailstones the size of golf balls have been reported.

We have had some heavy rains and thunderstorms, normal here for us, but no golf ball sized hailstones or particularly strong winds.

Sadly I can't get up that hill on my scooter or I would gladly have a browse for you.

Don't fret too much. Look at it this way . . . you are on a hill, water must run down, how much could it possibly flood!
:468bo:

amanda b

Why put yourself through the stress and uncertainty? You are falling over yourself here with companies that offer monthly maintenance checks for as little as £10 per month. You will get your apartment checked and aired every month (more if you require) If there is any damage or problems you will be notified straight away. Anything urgent can be sorted out before you arrive. Make sure you get yourself a registered agent, they will be your key holder and make sure your property is kept in good repair.

Jon & Mia

Why put yourself through the stress and uncertainty? You are falling over yourself here with companies that offer monthly maintenance checks for as little as £10 per month. You will get your apartment checked and aired every month (more if you require) If there is any damage or problems you will be notified straight away. Anything urgent can be sorted out before you arrive. Make sure you get yourself a registered agent, they will be your key holder and make sure your property is kept in good repair.

Yes

I believe Erhan Karademir runs one such agency (Didim After Sales) the website shows that they are a member of the Didim Chamber of Commerce and EVERYONE knows Erhan

For only £450 a year Erhan will happily :

• Take your money
    Count it
    bank it
    Spend it

Not included in the cost

• Visiting your property
    carrying out any work
    replying to emails
    replying to phone calls or texts

Regards
Cynical of Chelmsford

Jon & Mia

Mary

for what its worth I had someone else check my property when they changed the locks and there was no damp incress.

However last year I paid a lot of money to have weatherproof paint on the terraces and all the door seals replaced.

Hi Jon and Mia,

Andrew spent a bit of time last year replacing sealant around the doors but if we have as much damp as last year then we will be knocking on your door to get the name of the guy who sorted your place out!!!!!!

If we lived onsite, we would offer a service to owners on the Hillside where we would check properties for them. This not knowing is sooooo not nice!!!!!!

M

biggles

biggles
I think I ought to apologise for my strong tone last night, but honestly Juco, all I wanted was to find out if anyone would be able to look at our place so we have an idea what state the place is in. We have suffered very very badly with damp and water getting into the apartment in the past. Yes, I agree with you that was is seen now as OK, can change over the coming weeks/months. But our patio door was cracked just before we left last September. The site manager had promised it would be repaired, but we know there is a greater chance that it will not have been done. A patio door that is already compromised will not take much force at all to completely give way. Hailstones the size of golf balls have been reported.If someone was to check, and the place needed attention, then one of us would may be able to come over and sort something out.

I will continue to worry, it is human nature and just hope that when we turn up at 11pm, with 2 babies, 16 months and 5 months ,that we can get to the kettle for a well needed cup of tea without having to don our wellies!!!! and that the smell of damp is at least tolerable till morning.

you cannoy beat reliable people looking after your place . The peopel who look after us in Yalikavak are go to my place every week & check it & e/mail me with pics if needed of anything that needs doing and before we go they turn on the electrics &water & clean the place inside & out . put the patio furniture out & more . OH & always answer the phone when i call and they have 4 phone numbers .

lartiste22

Mary

for what its worth I had someone else check my property when they changed the locks and there was no damp incress.

However last year I paid a lot of money to have weatherproof paint on the terraces and all the door seals replaced.

Hi,
I find I am not alone in being waterproof my front.
I found that water penetrated under doorways and windows in my living stagnated.
So I cleaned and put a bead of silicone inside and outside to solve the problem.
I did the same thing all the windows, I'm not saying the work and the time it took.
On the walls, I put the RUBSON INVISIBLE and I must say right now it works fine.
But after heavy rain last month, I would see the result in late February, "Inshallah. "
The work is so well done to start to do the finishing yourself, because if we wait for the developer to do his job, he must wait months to see that this will NEVER be solved.
Iyi günler, LARTISTE

Hi Lartiste,

where did u get the RUBSON INVISIBLE from? Sounds like a good idea to us. Regards Chris and Karen

Madwife

If anyone is interested our friend Ray can do weekly winter checks on your apartment. This means going in, & checking all is OK. Lets you know straight away if there's any problem. Been looking after ours since we 'moved in'. Very reliable, - not like someone else I could name!! Unfortunately, they are too busy to offer servicing apartments (ie cleaning etc between occupants) PM me if you want contact details

amanda b

Yes

I believe Erhan Karademir runs one such agency (Didim After Sales) the website shows that they are a member of the Didim Chamber of Commerce and EVERYONE knows Erhan

For only £450 a year Erhan will happily :

• Take your money
    Count it
    bank it
    Spend it

Not included in the cost

• Visiting your property
    carrying out any work
    replying to emails
    replying to phone calls or texts

Regards
Cynical of Chelmsford

Sorry you got ripped off. Most companies charge only £120 so £450 would have been a rip off even if the work had been done. Its easy to check out companies by getting past/present customers recommendations. You dont need to look very far for reliable companies ;-))

Latest Posts

Top Bottom