MUGGY ONE

Anyone insured their property with their Turkish Bank?
Hi

I have been advised that Garanti (who we bank with) can provide buildings and contents insurance.

Has anyone insured with them and every made a claim, if so, how were they?

Best wishes

Caroline

Hi

Yes we insure our property with Garanti Bank not sure of the pros and cons it was just easier as long as you have enough money in your account you dont have to do anything they just take it out every year, never claimed (touch wood) so no help there.

Jane

patrish

my friends have their car and villa insured with Garanti and have paid out when they were burgled.

JohnF

Can't comment on their attitude towards paying a claim, but I know several who have had issues with the in house insurance at Garanti.

Renewals can be a problem - some have asked that the policy be renewed and found later it wasn't - others have asked that it is not renewed but Garanti continued to take money from their account. Getting the money refunded was a long and tiresome process.

In addition, Garanti are generally not that competitive; you'll normally get a better deal and better terms from a local broker.

JF

MUGGY ONE

Thanks for advice everyone.

At the moment I am thinking of either Garanti or AVIVA. If anyone has any insurers that they recommend, I would appreciate it.

Best wishes

Caroline

Latest Posts

Top Bottom