Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyovHull

Anyone got anything good to say about living in Altinkum ?
Hi all
I am very very new to this forum, although I did join some time ago but never returned to it.
I have been reading in horror about a vast array of corruption, fraud, violence, price increases, robbery,terrorism, shody wrokmanship,,,,, the list goes on,,,
Does anyone have any good things to say in general about the whole Altinkum experience?
My partner and I bought a villa in Didim 3 years ago ( new build ), and have had nothing but excellent service from the builder/contractor and had the full Tapu for nearly two years now.
He has honoured everything in the buildings guarentee thus far and has been a perfect gentleman.
The lovely Turkish people we have met have also helped in everyway they can, when we need that turkish voice.
Just would be nice to hear from happy satisfied campers lol

dalyansteve

Of course there are lots of "happy campers" here, I'm afraid it is human nature and because most of us are from the UK that there are a lot of posts complaining about stuff and these are meant really as a guide to others, so they don't make the same mistakes.
It is more dramatic to read the few horror stories and of course everyone else jumps on the bandwagon with their own and secondhand stories which then escalate out of all proportion.

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
Another happy camper here. As you have shown, not everyone has a a bad experience but it just so happens that there are obviously a lot more people that have had a bad experience who tell all about it than those that have had good. Hopefully if more of us who have had good speak up it may prevent bad stories in the future for others.

AndyovHull

Another happy camper here. As you have shown, not everyone has a a bad experience but it just so happens that there are obviously a lot more people that have had a bad experience who tell all about it than those that have had good. Hopefully if more of us who have had good speak up it may prevent bad stories in the future for others.

I agree, and sympathise with all who have a raw deal but sometimes its just nice to hear some good stories.
:ukflag:

parrot

I fail to see the reasoning in this,you try and tell someone whose lost everything,as some have, that you had a good experience,they are going to be well pleased.

parrot the forums are not just for bad news, it's good to hear good news occasionally.

Why!!!!!:bump2::bump2::bump2:

Upset a MOD now haha !!
Agree with you really!

Last edited:

Tess

Hi all
I am very very new to this forum, although I did join some time ago but never returned to it.
I have been reading in horror about a vast array of corruption, fraud, violence, price increases, robbery,terrorism, shody wrokmanship,,,,, the list goes on,,,
Does anyone have any good things to say in general about the whole Altinkum experience?
My partner and I bought a villa in Didim 3 years ago ( new build ), and have had nothing but excellent service from the builder/contractor and had the full Tapu for nearly two years now.
He has honoured everything in the buildings guarentee thus far and has been a perfect gentleman.
The lovely Turkish people we have met have also helped in everyway they can, when we need that turkish voice.
Just would be nice to hear from happy satisfied campers lol

Hi Andy and a very warm welcome back to the Forum, I do hope you will stick around this time and join in and enjoy.

First of all I am delighted you have gone through the buying process happily and safely, that is brilliant as that is the only way it should be, so well done and I wish you and your partner many happy days at your villa.

It is brilliant to hear from happy satisfied campers and I readily agree more of the guys who had a good experience should shout it from the rooftops and name names of whom they used to get to that position.

Unfortunately Andy the 'horror' stories you are reading are very much needed to be highlighted also.

It may seem a high proportion you have read about are not good, sadly that is because the folks you are reading about are very much in the midst of a catalogue of wrong doings by unscrupulous builders or shoddy workmanship etc etc, who have not delivered their side of the bargain be it in the buying process, repairs etc etc.

Altinkum is a popular area, and many sales have been in that district, this forum has lots and lots of members from Altinkum, Akbuk, Mavisehir etc so therefore I feel perhaps a lot of the stories do come from there.

All areas have suffered with buying scams, bad workmanship etc but I daresay because Altinkum is a popular area by members we hear more from them.

Personally I feel to right the wrongs any wrongdoings must be mentioned and discussed to warn unsuspecting folks against using the wrongdoer.
I feel it is unfair not to give good decent hardworking folk the opportunity to avoid these folk.

Likewise the good stories must be mentioned, it really can be done successfully and by talking about it and mentioning names folks can go to the decent builders.

The biggest majority of Turkish people are the salt of the earth, that is without dispute, but the one's who are not do need to be identified and stopped. We can only do that by talking and sharing.

If you search the forums Andy you will find some wonderful stories, but in the interim period do not be put off by reading negatives, these negatives do need to be addressed to go towards finally achieving a positive.

Hopefully soon all the stories will be good as they should be. :first:

Tess

Andy - what on earth are you on about ???
I holiday in Altinkum, I do not live there !!!! What on earth are you talking about, my goodness I did not expect to get attacked trying to explain the negative side.
No one is lamblasting you for being positive, merely showing there are two sides to the coin.
The secret handshake part = you have lost me entirely, I cannot help but feel your response to my post was nothing short of rude and totally bewildering to me.
Jesus, note to self, try not to ever help again :slapme:

Last edited by a moderator:

giglets

Andy,

The "bad news stories" are there for a reason - To help people avoid pitfalls and crooked businessmen.
They are some of the most valuable contributions on this site, which can, literally, save people a fortune!
"Good news stories", like yours, are very welcome indeed and are definitely in the majority, but, unfortunately, do not paint the full picture.
Both types of story should be accepted for what they are - two sides of the same coin!

PS - Funny handshakes get you no where here - I've already tried them!!

Dave

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Poor Andy be damned....poor me.....I am still trying to figure out his reply to Tess and how it was warranted. How's this Andy.....everything in Turkey is perfect....nobody ever has any issues and there is zero corruption. All the houses come with Tapus when you pay your balance and people that say otherwise on the whole topic are full of sh_t. Now leave me alone so I can take a big ole toke off that reefer I must be smoking to write what I did.

Bob

Last edited:
wow ..this must rate as the sweetest shortest ''un debatable debate' in the whole forum.
We were looking for a fight the other night..and when the potential is there ..umm ah well back to the vodka.

carolk

R.I.P
Andy, I think a couple of you're posts have been very rude. Actually, I think everyone would be happy for you and a lot of people would wish they were you.

ted j

[Just would be nice to hear from happy satisfied campers lol]. Couldn't agree with you more Andy,and would love to hear just brilliant buying posts. Unfortunately life (and buying property) isn't like that . I think hearing about other people's misfortunes, and errors can only be a good thing , sad as it is for them, and I do sympathise with every one of them. Hey we've all worked hard for our money and retirement, or holiday home, . It gives a lot of people insights into the pitfalls that some people encounter and I think that everyone who posts something negative on here is trying to help the people who haven't bought yet, by saying "don't do this, or use him" and just think if every post that was negative was censored, how many more people would "Do that, or buy from him", and get duped, or not know if they'd paid for something they shouldn't have. Whilst i really enjoy a post when everything goes well for someone (and no i'm not jealous,of them, i just think well done mate!) hope I can do the same. And for anyone on here, who's had a really rough deal, I think we all feel for, and if possible, try to help if we can. By the way, there's no Alt1nkum click (I'd be in it), and i think you owe Tess an apology. Just read some of her posts on here and see how compassionate she is with EVERYBODY. Ted..... TOO LATE it's been deleted!!!!!!SEE that's how long it takes to type with one finger!!!!! Shucks, i've just wasted half an hour. ps, Shirley, Alt1nkum:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom