ribena34

Anyone Been To Turkey In January ????
helllooooooo

im off to TURKEY in jan and was not sure if weather will be good??? will any shops or bars/restaurants be open??? hoping to fly to IZMIR and then get bus to Bodrum......any information will be useful :cool:

ChrisBobs

Dear Ribena.......... I live here!!! In January- there is life, quiet but normal , kids go to school, people go to work, ..sort of..stuff
And as we have told you earlier, there are a few hotels, bars, restaurants open.
Just do it!
Cheers
Chris

Tess

Hi Ribena, I was in Altinkum this past January. To be honest I was unsure quite what to expect, but I was very pleasantly surprised. It was very good weather beginning of the week we arrived, sun shining, having said that, defo not sunbathing sun, I did have some layers on, but not like the layers at home. Out of the sun you would have felt a little chill factor, but not too bad really - however!! i did find it chilly inside, funny to describe, we used the air con on heat and that done the trick to take the rawness out of the inside air. At night time it really was quite parky but not unbearable. We had beach strolls without the swimwear, all in all I thoroughly enjoyed the contrast from summertime there. Near the end of the week it got quite stormy, very changeable and then the thunder, lightning and heavy rain - that was a wonderful sight, we done a stroll along the seafront and it was surreal the waves etc......fabulous. Things were quiet, shops, bars, restaurants but all in all I absolutely loved it. I hope you do too.

I agree with Tess as we ar always in turkey in early January. Laset year we had a lot of rain and tried to visit Didim but had to turn back as the roads were flooded, once the rain stopped we had a lovely time and the sun did come out during the day, obviously not sunbathing weather but it allows you to do lots of other things and visi lots of places. Enjoy. I have pm'd you

Tess

Totally agree Lesley, visiting at that time of year really does inspire you to see more and move around more as you are not in the searing heat. I found the entire trip so relaxing when out and about, in the cafes and restaurants also the staff had more time to chat, being not so busy and as I chitter chatter to everyone found it so informative and my sis and I could have easily stayed for longer and hated the transfer car coming bang on time - DRAT !!!!
(I was there for a purpose, a pretty stressful purpose and when that business was done it was fab to chill and relax)
Wonder could I create a purpose this January !!!!! Hmmmm, need to think about that one !!!

Should have added Lesley, I think we headed home just as that spell was coming in, the heavy heavy rain and flooding.

Tess

Trust you Carol LOL!!!!! Just realise how what I said sounded - what a sight !!! me without swimwear, big enough sight with it LOL!!!!!!

tinkycarol

5 a day inspiration!
I was referring to the people who march from one end of the beach to the other and back again in the first 2 inches of water (as the waves lap the shore), always in a formation of 3 across, talking non-stop. Usually clothed and usually German - just an observation from various holidays.
Carol

evey

evey
bodrum is lovely in january , lots of shops etc opened and no hustle or bustle ... great

Tess

I was referring to the people who march from one end of the beach to the other and back again in the first 2 inches of water (as the waves lap the shore), always in a formation of 3 across, talking non-stop. Usually clothed and usually German - just an observation from various holidays.
Carol

Dohhhh !!! LOL!!!! It is late !!! My excuse, and I'm sticking to it :hmm::hmm:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
bodrum is lovely in january , lots of shops etc opened and no hustle or bustle ... great

I'm also considering this winter going out to Yalikavak Jan/Feb, each post makes me want to do it more.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Everything permitting Lesley, hope to, I read your post that you'd be there in Jan and if I do we can meet up at last, will George be playing the Sax in Yalikavak?

Lesley

:3:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom