Gail

Any sparkys I need help
I would like to buy my daughter an infra red heater here (Turkey) and take it back to UK, would it work over there (I'm very thick when it comes to electrics)?

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Any sparkys I need help
yes, but you can buy them in the uk, it would just need a plug top changed

martin

Gail

Any sparkys I need help
Martin they are so cheap to buy here, she could take one back with her after Christmas. Thank you for your help

jcrian

Any sparkys I need help
Martin they are so cheap to buy here, she could take one back with her after Christmas. Thank you for your help

I would check to see what the specification is Gail as cheapest isn't always best, especially when it comes to electrical appliances.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Any sparkys I need help
The Kite Mark is a British Standard awarded by the BSI Group so you're unlikely to see it on many products sold outside of the UK.

If you're looking at UFO products there are a list of certificates on their website at UFO Teknoloji

Last edited:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Any sparkys I need help
you may get one with a CE mark, but as most are made in china anyway there is probably no difference to the ones you buy in the uk.

My electrical wholesaler used to sell them, but they are expensive to run so didnt sell well. if you look at the annual overall cost including buying one, you might as well buy one in the uk at least you will get a guarantee

martin

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Any sparkys I need help
Yes Gail it will work . With a adapter plug . like the ones we take to Turkey but the other way around . I bought back an electric frying pan , No problem . And my UK microwave and fan heater works in Turkey . Do you mean the big one on a stand ???? Cos the small ones are in the sale at Sainsburys £10 ! Diane

tinkycarol

5 a day inspiration!
Any sparkys I need help
Gail - do you mean a halogen heater (if I've got it wrong ignore me!)? If so they are cheap as chips. I am seeing them all over the place like Wilkinsons £12ish. Carol

mike dj

Any sparkys I need help
Be very carefull when using adaptors the ones in the U.K.that take a 2 pin plug are for electric razors and tooth brushes and only have a 1amp fuse ,the ones that are used in Turkey are rated at 7.5 amps and can melt if used with an iron or electric kettle etc. You can buy special ones in Turkish B&Q ,cant remember Turkish name that will take higher amps .Mike

Latest Posts

Top Bottom