Mavideniz

Any Feedback re Intasure?
I'm just renewing my house insurance and have received a quote from a UK based insurere called Intasure. This is much, much cheaper than the quotes from the broker in Turkey.

Intasure seems to offer very much the same level of cover. I'm keen to accept their much lower price. But it seems just a little too good to believe.

They seem a very well-orgasnised and respectable operation on the phone, are regulated by the FSA, etc.

But has anyone out there had any experience of processing a claim with Intasure. If so, did they pay out promptly, etc?

scotssteve

Great company and they can offer cover providing you do not have turkish residency -
I am surprised by your comment on the cost though as my insurance halved in price when I switched to a turkish company

regards

cuppy

I have used them for the last 6 years. they are usually more expensive than the local Turkish insurers/brokers but I think you have the peace of mind with them, all feedback from the other forums are they pay out if you need them! Its a lot more than can be said about some of the Turkish ones, bear in mind the other comments that you cannot use them if you live there, only if it is your holiday home,

teresa

Free Thinker
Great company and they can offer cover providing you do not have turkish residency -
I am surprised by your comment on the cost though as my insurance halved in price when I switched to a turkish company

regards

I agree on that. I insured with them until they were unable to renew my policy as I lived here full time. However, they were more than double what I pay my new Turkish insurance company. I would still prefer to use Intasure though.

Mavideniz

Steve - thanks for your prompt feedback. Glad to hear you think Intasure are OK.

Either I've been massively overcharged by hte Turkish broker for years, or there is something I haven't understood about the Intasure quote.
I've been paying over 3000 TL per year for house & contents insurance (excl DASK).

Intasure seem to be offering the same level of cover, plus liability insurance, plus travel expenses, for £250.

I didn't know about the residency issue. I'm not a resident but have an Ikamet that runs out in mid-July. I guess I should get some interim local insurance until then.

Last edited:

tjd

They brought in a clause either last year or 2 years where they don't cover flat roofs unless they are inspected and covered by a certificate and are subjected to a large excess. Means they won't pay out on any issues with flat roofs. Not very handy for Turkey. I claimed for roof damage last year which they rejected under the clause.

Also I had DASK thru them and when I went to renew with another local company in Bodrum they could not find the policy detail on the DASK system with Intasure. Was it ever covered with Intasure?

Just my experiences with them. I'm sure other people had had good experience.

Chinook

I've been paying over 3000 TL per year for house & contents insurance (excl DASK).

You either have a very large house or you have been overcharged.

We are insured with Axa Turkey and they are easy to communicate with ( first found the local office with an E mail to their head office in Istanbul)and not only speak English but send a policy in English . They are also very competitive.

could not find the policy detail on the DASK system with Intasure. Was it ever covered with Intasure?

You should have been sent a copy of the policy by Intasure . If not ask them for it or the policy number as it is a requirement of DASK that they have that for continuity and without they cannot insure you.

tjd

You should have been sent a copy of the policy by Intasure . If not ask them for it or the policy number as it is a requirement of DASK that they have that for continuity and without they cannot insure you.

I have a doc from Intasure c/w with a policy number but the new guy in the Oasis Center couldn't find the old one on the system.

Chinook

I have a doc from Intasure c/w with a policy number but the new guy in the Oasis Center couldn't find the old one on the system.

Is he your broker ? The DASK number will not be the same as your Intasure policy number as it is a separate insurance .All I did when I changed was give ( in fact they asked for) the details of my DASK policy and whilst I was there they contacted the DASK people with the information and a quote came by return.

scotssteve

Steve - thanks for your prompt feedback. Glad to hear you think Intasure are OK.

Either I've been massively overcharged by hte Turkish broker for years, or there is something I haven't understood about the Intasure quote.

Intasure seem to be offering the same level of cover, plus liability insurance, plus travel expenses, for £250.

I didn't know about the residency issue. I'm not a resident but have an Ikamet that runs out in mid-July. I guess I should get some interim local insurance until then.

I suspect that unless you have the local equivalent of Buckingham palace- you've been paying too much
My combined Home & contents are under £200 through Garanti Bank

Under a change to rules in 2011/12 anyone who has a residents permit must insure here in turkey

tjd

Is he your broker ? The DASK number will not be the same as your Intasure policy number as it is a separate insurance .All I did when I changed was give ( in fact they asked for) the details of my DASK policy and whilst I was there they contacted the DASK people with the information and a quote came by return.

I know it's not the same as the Intasure Policy number.

It looks like any other DASK insurance I have had, but when I decided to move it to an Insurance Company in Bodrum the guy couldn't find the details on the DASK system.

Also in the past Intasure had the address wrong and also my passport number incorrect on the DASK, but that could happen with anyone and is a matter of the buyer checking the documentation correctly.

Mavideniz

scotssteve -

My current insurance is with AXA Sigorta. It's a 250 square metre house, so not so huge. The re-building cost insured is 1.5m TL., which is probably erring on the over-prudent side. The danger is that if you are not fully insured the insurance company can reduce claims in proportion.

Feel very dumb to have been paying over 3000 TL per year, when the same cover seems to be available for less than 25% of that price.

RE the insurance for Ikamet holders. Intasure are happy that the policy is valid as I'm not resident in the house for more than 6 months per year.
But are you saying that from the Turkish legal perpsective as an Ikamet holder I need to have a Turkish insurance policy?

I'm just renewing my house insurance and have received a quote from a UK based insurere called Intasure. This is much, much cheaper than the quotes from the broker in Turkey.

Intasure seems to offer very much the same level of cover. I'm keen to accept their much lower price. But it seems just a little too good to believe.

They seem a very well-orgasnised and respectable operation on the phone, are regulated by the FSA, etc.

But has anyone out there had any experience of processing a claim with Intasure. If so, did they pay out promptly, etc?
Hi - I am with Intasure and fortunately haven't had any need to claim. If they are cheaper -then take it as they are usually much dearer than the Turkish equivalents. Their cover is good and it includes cover for holiday lets which my Turkish company did not. I am really surprised that they are lower for the simple reason that their assessment includes outside terrace square metreage whereas the Turkish equivalents did not ( their quotes were based on internal measurements only. )

evo80

Blimey that's a lot of Wonga . I pay around 400TL inc dask .

Chinook

I know it's not the same as the Intasure Policy number.

Well pardon me for trying to be helpful when you had not made that clear .

As I am sure you know, but others may not, Intasure are not licenced to practice in Turkey, hence why people with Ikamets cannot use them and it may be that they take out the DASK in someones elses name other than yours hence why you cannot find on a search on the site.

For others who may wish to check this is the DASK insurance site
http://www.tcip.gov.tr/

evo80

All of the Turkish registered insurers will do this on your behalf

I know . I just thought I would put the e/mail link in if people do not have it ,if they are in the UK . Also any Turkish bank will do it & you don't need to be customer of the bank .

Chinook

I know . I just thought I would put the e/mail link in if people do not have it ,if they are in the UK . Also any Turkish bank will do it & you don't need to be customer of the bank .

Yes appreciate that but as they are a management company presumably they work through one of these and would also like to manage your property.Me I like to work through as few middle men as possible to avoid unneccessary mark ups.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom