guinevere

any excuse
just wanted to tell you what i just heard on radio,some organisation (didn't hear who) was saying about what you should carry in your car in this bad weather ,shovel ,flask of tea ,blankets ,mobile phone ,food ....you know stuff that we know about ,and then they said if you can't take any of those items with you then ......you should not go to work !! hmmmm wonder how many people can't find their shovel ?? have you heard of such drivel ? sorry but had to tell you all !

Martyn

any excuse
Judging by what I have seen it's good advice. I was stuck some years ago in a small lane to the villages and someone came along with a shovel in their car and dug me out. Blanket is a good idea as well. I also carry a spare jacket in case.

Last edited:

hijo

in my own clique
any excuse
...also snow chains would,nt go amiss ..i used to carry them in the shetland isles ..if you can,t get them carry a couple of hessian potato sacks ..works a treat getting stuck in ice..or snow.:12:

Last edited:

Mushroom

any excuse
If you want an excuse for not getting to work, just take a teacher with you, because even with the slightest bit of frost they always fail to get to my kids' school !

GnD

any excuse
Definately Good advice I've spotted over four with shovels in use in three days!

Also ensure petrol is topped up.

I carry my boots Timberland type, can't drive in them but if I had to abandon the car then far better to walk home in.

We're all ice road trucker trainees now :p I know it's not the Atigun Pass Alaska but best to be a little prepared.

pldouglas

any excuse
Many years ago I had to abandon my car in ice and try TRY to walk home in my high heels, short skirt and flimsy top i.e. my office attire. Trust me, the bruises alone took weeks to heal! There were no mobile phones back then so I just had to get on with it and walk.
Ever since that day I have ensured I have sacks, shovel, boots, warm coat AND THE DOGS LEADS in case they are with me too, just in case the ice comes as fast as it did that day.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom