pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Any Advice On Migrain ???
Last night i had a chronic migrain .
Dr came at 3 .30am and injected me with morphine . It was terrible i couldn't see properly and was vomiting . I couldn't even feed or walk the little dogs .
I can't eat cheese on the same day as bacon or egg With bacon . And yogult is guarenteed to start it . Dose anyone else have any tips on what Not to eat ??? . It will also start if i'm hungry or Stressed and i've had a lot of stress lately . ..People think its just a headach OH no its so much more than that . Now i'm going to lay down awhile . Its left me washed out
Diane

whu66

www.gulluk.co.uk, www.cjceramics.com
Diane,try olbas oil rubbed in your temples works wonders on my mrs....

GnD

Hi Diane,

Poor you. I used to get them years ago. Migraleve tablets was the only thing that took them away, but not 100% of the time.

Catching it early was the most effective with plenty of water and that Forehead applied to the temples as it keeps one of the sensitive areas cool.

When the symptons start avoid bright lights including sunshine, tv computer screens, getting too hot and of course Coffee, cheese and chocolate all were bad and stress.

And also have an eye test. Any disturbances to vision were sure to cause one.

Rest in a dark room and keep cool. Good luck
Debbie

ceyn

HI Diane
Try not to drink to much tea or coffee they used to trigger it off on me. When i was younger i suffered badly, now i am older they seem to subsided a bit.
I do sympathize it is an awful symptom people tend to think it,s just a bad headache, but we know different.
Hope you can keep it under control best of luck.

P S Try herbal tea, ask the men on the markets they maybe able to help.

Ceyn

Last edited:
An injection of morphine for migraine.....a bit like using garden shears to cut your finger nails! Were you in the UK or Turkey Diane?
Treatment for migraine falls into two types - preventative if you get it frequently (classed as at least once per week) and acute treatment. The best acute treatment is a group of drugs called the triptans eg sumatriptan (Imigran). These drugs are specific to migraine and work very well.But there are other types of treatment too.
You will find a lot of useful information here:
Migraine
It would be a good idea for you to go and dicuss the problem with your GP so that next time you are prepared.
Good luck!

hachris

I was tortured by migraine years ago and migraine was a topic among many of my colleagues who suffered. Some of them found out that red wine could be a trigger while white wine was OK.

Migraine medicine did not work for me, but at the end one of the physicians found in some English medical journal a cure which helped me every time:

When the first signs came I took a medicine against seasickness followed 20 min. later with 2 paracethamol. The head was still ”heavy” but the real migraine never developed.

Medicine against seasickness should stop vomiting if taken early.

Good luck

Hana C.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Thank God, I've never had Migraine, I do however get severe headaches as I have an old car crash injury in my left shoulder, and Tiger Balm works for me, as in the Olbas Oil advice, rubbed into your temples, and a warm flannel across my forehead.

Poor you Diane, you're having a rough time lately, you need someone to give you TLC and a good fun holiday!!!!! Hope you're over it soon.

I can sympathise with you as I suffered with migraines for years and years (they used to last for a fortnight at a time sometimes) and was always sick as well, they used to get so bad that you just want to crawl up and die or bash your head against a wall!!! Three years ago I had bad toothache from a crowned double tooth and went to my dentist in Marmaris and she took the tooth out and asked me if I had ever suffered from migraines or really bad headaches as the root of the tooth had grown through into a sinus cavity on the roof of my mouth, anyway touch wood I don,t suffer now at all from migraines and just every so often have a normal headache.....

Hi Pineapple,
My husband also suffers badly with migraine. 20 years or so ago when we were living in the UK he was prescribed IMIGRAN by the doctor. Luckily it is available over the counter here in Turkey. It's produced by GLAXO and there two strengths. 100mg and 50mg. If his migraine is severe he takes one 100mg. tablet and it's gone within 1/2 an hour. If he catches it quickly before it gets too bad he takes one 50mg. tablet but it takes about an hour to work.
They are a bit expensive about 26tl for 2x100gm tablets and can't remember the price of the 50gm. but he swears by them.
What normally triggers his migraine are the smell of deisel or petrol,strong perfume(so that rules out streetwalkers,LOL,radios not tuned in properly(especially on the dolmus), and lack of sleep.
Anyway hope this helps and that you feel better soon as he knows how much you are suffering
:30:

Mirazz

I used to suffer terribly from migraines. I even had a brain scan once in one of those scan machines like a smartie tube :(. Over the years they have practically disappeared but I think mine were due to stress. I can't eat mint or cooked cheese, like cheese on toast where it melts and its all greasy. As someone else already mentioned, Migraleve used to do the trick but I think rest and sleep are the best cure. Good luck, you have my sympathy.

Smiler

I used to have migraine type symptoms, i.e severe blinding headacheand nauseosness (sp?), however I started to see a chiropractor for what I thought was a totally separate back condition. It turns out that that my back condition was linked to an unknown problem with my neck which was causing muscle spasm to my head, (back-bone connected to neck bone, neck bone connected to the head bone...).

Subsequent chiropractic treatment has now virtually cured my headaches.

ZiaCa'

I've found reflexology works really well for migraines.
Diet is also important of course, but before making any changes, I'd seek advice from a professional nutritional therapist so you can get advice on your diet as a whole and the timings of your meals, etc. Otherwise you might find that eliminating the odd food here and then won't make much difference and you might end up getting frustated by not achieving anything!
If you're into natural treatments, a professional can also recommend natural remedies.

As other people have posted, drinking plenty of water or herbal teas can help.

Good luck and hope you find a solution as I have suffered from migraines and they are so debilitating and left me drained of energy!

I feel for you too. I had 2 migraines last week, fortunately not as bad as yours, chocolate set the one off as I haven't eaten it for ages .
Hope you're feeling better now.

Summertime

Golden Girls
Hey Diane.
I feel so sorry for you, and I dont have any advise, but I know, from what I have heard to have migraine, must be very, very awful. Take care.

claire1976

I suffer with migraines and Imigran stopped working for me, the doctor put me on a preventative drug called Propanalol and this has made a vast difference. I was getting migraines weekly now I only get them once every 2-3 months. There is also a wafer you can take called Maxmelt (by prescription) which is very effective once a migraine takes hold.
If you don't like the idea of taking a drug daily to prevent them you could try a herbal remedy called Feverfew which is taken daily and can also prevent attacks.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Thank you all for the advice given . Hope spelling ok can't look at screen properly . yes i'm on the maxmelts and Blood pressure pills to thin the blood going through my temples ! It came back about lunchtime ish . Now the Dr has sent ulcer pills because he given me Diclofenac anti inflamutry pills and there bad for the stomach . I do get migrain but haven't had one thus bad for 3yrs ! I've had whiplash twice and they seem to start in the back of my kneck . and my right eye sollen like i've been punched in it . I will ask Dr to give me allergy test and speak to diet person . But now i'll try to have some soup and go back to bed . I did'nt think so many of us has migrains !!! I'm in UK and yes it was morphine injection . Scary because a few years ago a local lady died from the injection !! Thats enough to give ne another headach ....Diane Ps my thaks button missed 2 or 3 people ? so thanks to them to xx:boohoo:

Last edited:

catweazle

you could try sumatriptan, it comes in a one use injection pen
i use them for cluster headaches although they are ment for migrane, it is the only thing that works for clusters

the trade name is imigran by the way

Ava

My migraine is triggered by extreme temperatures/light and the smell of reheated fat (you know the smell when you walk past a dodgy chippie). If it's really hot outside and I walk past the cold/freezer section in the supermarket I can feel the tingling feeling and see the squiggly lines at the corner of my right eye, same goes if I walk into a store with florescent lighting. When they are bad they last three to four days. I'm allergic to anything aspirin based so resort to dark rooms and paracetomal. Although one tip I was given by my aunt (fellow sufferer) hope this comes across ok...press your thumbs against the pulse points in your temples and your index fingers in the space where the neck meets your skull, press hard for at least 30 seconds. This stops the electric current going round your body in opposite directions and resets the current going round your body. Most times if I do this as soon as I feel the first symptons then it goes meekly, it works better if you have someone else apply the pressure. If this is done properly you'll know the pain subsides within minutes.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom