ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Anti Golf Course Protest
A group of environmentalists and activists in the popular Aegean resort town of Bodrum have protested recent plans to build a new golf course near Çamlık village.

Here

Someone has made an interesting comment in the section at the end of this story saying that the water used every day for all the golf courses of the world represent the water needs of 4 billion people.

Not sure of the accuracy of that claim but what a sobering thought and an indication of how the world is split between the rich and poor, the haves and have-nots.

C

Robert

Anti Golf Course Protest
Perhaps if the golf course is built there will be a few more haves
i.e. HAVE JOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!

teosgirl

Anti Golf Course Protest
ceemac,

Reminds me of every New Years Eve. How much money is spent on 5 minutes of fireworks in nearly every major city around the world and how many people would it feed?

I'm sure someone out there is calculating the cost of all our extravagant waste.

Charlotte

p.s. Not that I'm against golf! just sad to think about it in those terms.

thingthong

Anti Golf Course Protest
Bodrum already has an excellent golf course and its not doing to good either VITAPARK GOLF,so maybe its a good idea to stop construction of another one......

ChrisBobs

Anti Golf Course Protest
Yes- Vitapark seems empty, while the one on the other side of the wetlands and lake is being built also.
How many are necessary!? More bubbles

Anti Golf Course Protest
Perhaps if the golf course is built there will be a few more haves
i.e. HAVE JOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly what jobs would those be? and would they be offered to the local people whose livelihoods were affected by the loss of agricultural land?

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom