Expat

Billy
Another tapu problem
we have just returned from Yali after being told by our emlak that the tapu was ready to pick up . We had a meeting and was told that our builder was not prepared to pay his tax due so our tapu could be released and would only sign if we paid his tax bill (scum springs to mind) the cost of this ranged from £2500- £10500 depending on what value we wanted on the tapu has any body heard of this con before and is it legal i can't imsgine the mahem this will cause if all the other builders catch on to this. Help!!
Billy

PASH

Another tapu problem
What did your contract say regarding the tax? I found out that my contract stated that i was down for the full tax as the sellers contract absolved him from the tax. Personally, i would pay up quickly whilst the tax has been reduced to 1%, this is only reduced to 1% till June, it will at least save you 2% Cheers

PS, you may want to name the builder to warn others

Last edited:

Expat

Billy
Another tapu problem
Thanks for that Pash I blame the emlak for not making the small print clear but arn't they all in bed with the builders also I blame myself for not researching the potential hazards of purchase of property in Turkey we tried to get the Tapu before we left but was told it would take another week so we will have to make another visit i will name the builder and emlak once i have got the Tapu

PASH

Another tapu problem
Good luck Expat, as you say, builders and Estate agents are often in bed together to squeeze you dry!

carolk

R.I.P
Another tapu problem
Hi expat,

I am sorry to hear of whats happened to you. As you will see,you are not alone. Good luck.

Top Bottom