Another Residency question please
There is so much about residency sometimes my head spins. Just wanted some advise and wise council please. We have been going to Turkey for years and always use the visitors visa allowing 90 days. The apartment we have is actually in my daughters name and she has a bank account to pay the bills.

My question is can my wife and I apply for residency without proof of ownership of a home nor bank account. If we can I would ask if someone could take a moment to explain what we need to do and how to do it. As always thanks for advice offered. Edward

jakebeak

Hi there

I'm afraid you can't get a an Ikamet (residency permit) unless you own a property here. You have to prove you can support yourself in Turkey, hence showing proof of bank account, income etc. I'm sure other people will give you the same advice. Best of luck with whatever it is you decide to do.

BEZ

Hi there

I'm afraid you can't get a an Ikamet (residency permit) unless you own a property here. You have to prove you can support yourself in Turkey, hence showing proof of bank account, income etc. I'm sure other people will give you the same advice. Best of luck with whatever it is you decide to do.

I know plenty of people who don't own property but have resident permits! They rent properties and have a rental agreement which is acceptable as proof of address and therefore can also get a bank account , I'm sure plenty more people on here can give advice on how to take this forward.

kemerkid

________
There is a wealth of knowledge behind the search button. This question has been answered over and over again.

REDDERS

Your way around this is to get a rental agreement between your daughter & yourselves.Set the rent for under 500tl,then there is no tax liability.
Eddie,p.m. me with either a Turkish phone no. or a UK landline no. & we can chat about this.

Jmwc1417

My father-in-law obtained a residency permit last September by using our turkish address and opening a turkish bank account with 10,000 TL to prove he could support himself.

angelaturkey

Days On The Beach in Side
My partner got 3 years Residency Permit last year - no rental agreement from me (I own the property) and just showed money in the TL account.

lippy

There is a wealth of knowledge behind the search button. This question has been answered over and over again.
And your point is????
I have used this facility before and found it almost I repeat almost useless.

Residency permit doesn't give you health care. You or your spouse need to be paying into the state insurance scheme (bit like our NI I guess)

I don't know what health cover you would need though, perhaps others can guide you on that one :)

x

Chinook

You are entitled to apply to join the SGK health scheme after you have held a RP for 12 months . It is not like NI as it is not related to employment income or give entitlement to other state benefits such as pension etc.

Martin, Thanks very much for calling and giving me some sound advice. Nice to chat to you. Take care and thanks again. Edward

I have health care under my state insurance through my work and have not held a rp for a year.

I was referring to the state insurance through employment when I said bit like NI. And i did say 'BIT' like.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom