Harem

I've cliqued
Another poisoning
Villa Rhapsody have lost yet another pet to poisoning. Fifi has now died.

Sometimes I think there is something to be said for living with other ex-pats.

Harem

I've cliqued
Another poisoning
Don't know. Jeanne posted it on Facebook.

Sorry, got my own problems today. Jack got knocked down on the road last night. Bea found him, thought he was dead. He has lost an eye and is suffering from brain damage at the moment. Don't know if it will be permanet or not. (If it is he will have to be put down). John and Bea (Gully Foyle and "the frau") were so very kind as to take him to the vet this morning. Will find out more on Tuesday. (Probably need donations to pay the vet bill!!)

Last edited:

Alan Fidler

Ceteris paribus
Another poisoning
Sorry to hear your sad news Emmy... i hope he recovers well... I'd be happy to donate if a fund was set up..

Alan. :)

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Another poisoning
lt always saddens me when l hear of an animal that has been deliberately harmed from some closed minded people.What gets into these people that makes them think such evil behaviour.
Poison is a substance that inflicts agonizing suffering,and must be step up to catch these villains and start educating them into thinking positive.

l have copied a source from Buzzle.com.The aurthers name is at the bottom, for anyone that might be in a similar situation on what to look out for in your pet.

Symptoms of Dog Poisoning
There are a number of substances that can cause poisoning in dogs. It is very important for the dog owners to know the symptoms of dog poisoning, so that they can get their dogs treated at the earliest. Know more about dog poisoning and its symptoms.
Dogs are curious animals by nature and they tend to eat anything that they find interesting. A dog owner should keep watch on the dog while it is eating anything, as such indiscriminate eating habits can lead to poisoning. You can identify dog poisoning by knowing its symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, lethargy, muscle tremor and rigidity, heart failure, etc.

Dog Poisoning

Generally, most dogs have a tendency to hunt for different things. This habit can put them in direct contact with dead animals, insects and toxic plants. Dog poisoning can be caused by gas inhale, ingestion, or absorption through the skin by direct contact with certain types of substances. Dog owners also can be unknowingly responsible for dog poisoning by giving them unsuitable foods, leaving various chemical products, or inappropriate use of medications and topical applications to kill fleas. Some of the substances that are poisonous to dogs are alcohol, chocolate, cleansers, caffeine, avocado, mothballs, fish, raisins, garlic, grapes, insecticides, onions, rat poison, tick products, zinc, etc. Most poisons are ingested, while some are inhaled or absorbed by the body.

A chocolate consists of a poisonous substance known as theobromine. It can give rise to some symptoms such as diarrhea, vomiting, seizure and heart problems. In some rare cases, it can lead to death. Some plants such as oleander, mistletoe, Easter lily and azalea are extremely toxic to dogs, causing the symptoms such as vomiting, rash and kidney problems. If a dog ingests the bleaching agents, it causes vomiting, drooling and abdominal problems.

Symptoms of Dog Poisoning

The effects of poisoning in dogs are not always immediately apparent. Although most symptoms of poisoning appear within three days, the toxic substances may not cause any illness for several days, months or even years. The prognosis depends upon a type and amount of poisonous substance and duration of exposure. Poisoning causes a wide range of symptoms such as skin rash, vomiting, diarrhea, mouth irritation, lethargy, lack of appetite, drooling, staggering, breathing difficulty, hallucination causing over-reaction to light or sound, bleeding disorders, seizure, muscle tremor and rigidity, liver or kidney problems, heart failure, coma and death.

Generally, the time required to appear the symptoms depends upon the quantity of chemical substances ingested and duration that these substances remained in the body before starting the treatment. You need to start the treatment as early as possible in order to prevent serious illness in the dog. Some types of poisoning can cause a permanent damage and even death, if immediate treatment is not given.

Dog Poisoning Treatment

If the dog exhibits the symptoms of poisoning, then you should immediately take your dog to a veterinarian. The best way to eliminate the poison from the dog’s intestine is to induce vomiting. Laxative is given to a dog in order to enhance the process of eliminating the poisonous content from the body. If the dog’s skin comes in contact with poisonous substances, then it should be cleaned by bathing the dog with warm water and soap. It prevents the dog from licking the poison on its skin.

By Reshma Jirage
Published: 8/11/2008

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Another poisoning
Thats terrible news again - and so very sorry to hear about Jack - hope he makes a quick recovery

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Another poisoning
Two lots of horrible news . It makes me so sad . My thoughts are with both owners of these pets . When i look down at my two haveing a snooze it breaks my heart . Because i keep thinking i'd be better to rehome in UK rather then risk them being poisend in Turkey . I Pray jack geys better soon .... Diane

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Another poisoning
Harem, yet another dog poisoned, there's nothing I can add here, but I am so sick and upset to read of this yet again. My thoughts are with their owners, it's bad enough when you lose a pet, but like this, these people are sick in the mind.

For your Jack, let's hope that he improves and makes a quick recovery, our animals are so precious to us, they only ask us for food, comfort and TLC, I am so sorry that you are going through this, and I know from your posts that you love them all so very much. You're in my thoughts.

nanamo

Another poisoning
I'm so desperately sad to hear of all this wickedness towards our animal friends. i sincerely hope all the animals recover and I sincerely wish there was a way to put a top to this heartbreak and cruelty. Molly

biggles

biggles
Another poisoning
my neighbours yorkie was ill recently ,the vets bill came to £400 nearly broke him. these vets in uk have a license to extorte money i reckon.

Another poisoning
I'm sorry to hear about Jack Harem I hope he recovers, you must be so worried & upset.

It's so cruel to have poisoned someones pet,they must have no concience!

Last edited:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Another poisoning
my neighbours yorkie was ill recently ,the vets bill came to £400 nearly broke him. these vets in uk have a license to extorte money i reckon.

Sadly Biggles thats the price of keeping a dog as a pet, been there and done it !
There isnt an NHS for pets, the costs of running a business are high in the UK, cant comment so much on a vets practice but they have to pay a living wage to reception staff etc.

What was your neighbors dogs treatment ?

martin

Harem

I've cliqued
Another poisoning
Hello everybody. Well, this morning when I went downstairs, I found Yoda (one of the new white kittens) to be ill, so I had to take him to the vet. While I was there I asked about Jack. They brought him up to the consulting room, but he was so badly injured and suffering that I asked them to put him to sleep. I brought him home and my husband has buried him in the garden. Just hoping now that Yoda will make a good recovery.

Thank you to everybody for your good wishes. Thanks also to John and Bea for all they did (I have been twice to see you but have missed you both times - I will call back later).

Another poisoning
Hi Emmy
So sorry to hear about Jack as we know how you feel about your pets and all animals.
Take care of yourself and we will see you soon.
Tel

Latest Posts

Top Bottom