Nergis-Ece

AKA Danielle
Another Newbie :D
Helloo everyone :D
I'm Nergis-Ece, but you can just call me Nergis...or Ece if you prefer :)
I'm new here so I thought I'd say hi to everyone before I try and get settled in ^^
Seems like a really nice forum, though I know I'd love it anyway because it's just full of stuff to do with Turkey ><
I've been there three times now, each time going to Gumbet and hoping to make next summer my fourth year there :D
I speak a little Turkish, I'm quite fond of the way it sounds and the way it's built xD Teaching it to myself can be a bit challenging but I'm a bit stubborn to say the least :p
Hope to see you all around and get to know some new Turkey fanatics around here xD
Nice to meet you all,
Nergis-Ece.

PASH

Welcome to the forum, very impressed you are learning the language, i try my best but still not there yet

butt007

Warren
Hello Nergis, hope you enjoy the forum,that is'nt a welsh sounding name though.
Warren

Alan Fidler

Ceteris paribus
Merhaba Ece and welcome to the forum.... have fun posting.. hope you're not too sensative..LOL

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Helloo everyone :D
I'm Nergis-Ece, but you can just call me Nergis...or Ece if you prefer :)
I'm new here so I thought I'd say hi to everyone before I try and get settled in ^^
Seems like a really nice forum, though I know I'd love it anyway because it's just full of stuff to do with Turkey ><
I've been there three times now, each time going to Gumbet and hoping to make next summer my fourth year there :D
I speak a little Turkish, I'm quite fond of the way it sounds and the way it's built xD Teaching it to myself can be a bit challenging but I'm a bit stubborn to say the least :p
Hope to see you all around and get to know some new Turkey fanatics around here xD
Nice to meet you all,
Nergis-Ece.

hey nergis, are you pakistani? thats also a pak name, Nargis, i like it.... anyway welcome! yeh i hope 2 make a visit to turkey too one day, seems a lovley country, be yourself, dont change and you will be awesome! x x x

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Welcome from me Ece, hope you enjoy it here, like you I'm learning, but finding it very difficult, but our TLF friends post Turkish words of the day and our very own Shirley gives us a lesson now and again when her time permits, it's a fun and informative place to be.

Lyndsey

Kal&#305;n deriliyimdir
Welcome to the forum and i'm doing my best to learn Turkish too.

Nergis-Ece

AKA Danielle
Thanks guys :D

Nergis-Ece is a Turkish name I chose for myself with the help of a friend xD My name is actually Danielle but for some reason a lot of Turkish people can't seem to remember it or pronounce it..even when I shorten it to Dani hehe xD Soo seeing as this is a Turkish forum I thought i'd go by my new and less boring Turkish name :D hehe

And luckily even though Turkish is really hard, I get some kind of thrill out of learning languages, the nitty-gritty grammar being my favourite bit XD tehe - which is pretty useful!

Last edited:

Alan Fidler

Ceteris paribus
This is what confuses me... I know, easily done... pseudonyms alias's and ghost writers... lol.

I'm me.. I'm Alan... no other name alias or anything..
What I'd like to see.. I know I'm starting to rant and this is not the place..
but I'd like to see people close their posts with their name ( real name ) it's much nicer and less embarrassing to PM someone when you know their real name.
Sorry folks.
And again... welcome Danielle. :)

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
This is what confuses me... I know, easily done... pseudonyms alias's and ghost writers... lol.

I'm me.. I'm Alan... no other name alias or anything..
What I'd like to see.. I know I'm starting to rant and this is not the place..
but I'd like to see people close their posts with their name ( real name ) it's much nicer and less embarrassing to PM someone when you know their real name.
Sorry folks.
And again... welcome Danielle. :)

id have signed up wiith ma real name but i know people cant pronounce it right!
Saqib Hussain pronounces Sakeb Hussain.
people say it like Saqeeeeeeeeeeeb and its annoying...
so i chose Zuberdust which means irresistable in Urdu hahaahahah :blowkiss:

Alan Fidler

Ceteris paribus
I've no need to pronounce it Saqib.. it's not like we're face to face is it... as long as i spell it right that's what matters eh..!
Irresistible....???? in who's eyes..? your Mum's ??

Sorry for hijacking your thread Ece. :)

Last edited:

Nergis-Ece

AKA Danielle
I'm all the way down south in Maesteg :) how about you??

And sorry if I confused anyone...feel free to call me by my real name if it suits you :)

Nergis-Ece

AKA Danielle
haha it's got to be impossible not to!
I was like a baby coming home this year, stroppy and completely miserable doesn't cut it xD i've been back 2 weeks and making a million and one plans for going back next year >< hopefully i'll find a job and stay out there 2 months :D 2 weeks is just not enough ^^ its addictive maan o_O

PASH

hopefully i'll find a job and stay out there 2 months

Just a little word of caution, a person we know in Yalikavak was reported for cleaning a house for friends (for money) and was picked up by the Jandarma, taken straight to the airport and put on the first plane home and not allowed back. She now has a property there and no way of getting there! Working in Turkey is not easy! Peter

Nergis-Ece

AKA Danielle
Just a little word of caution, a person we know in Yalikavak was reported for cleaning a house for friends (for money) and was picked up by the Jandarma, taken straight to the airport and put on the first plane home and not allowed back. She now has a property there and no way of getting there! Working in Turkey is not easy! Peter

Thanks..i'll bear that in mind :)
Although there are plenty of companies these days who arrange for students to get a bar job for example with flights, accomodation and a working visa included. So i think if i go down that road there's less chance of it going a bit wrong xD I think getting banned from Turkey would be my absolute worst nightmare xD

Latest Posts

Top Bottom