Another Hurdle to Jump
I had to go to Fethiye yesterday to see an eye doctor as I,ve been having vision problems for about 3 weeks now.

Just my luck - I,ve got cataracts in both eyes. I,m not sure if the chemo has anything to do with it.

So, if I get Dr. Mustys approval I,ll have the first eye operated on a week tomorrow.

So much for 2010 being a better year :)

I,m certainly being tested....... (and not just my eyes)

The good thing is that they will insert contact lenses into the eyes. Makes me shudder thinking about it, but it will mean that life will be easier as no more solutions etc for lenses.

Soo x

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Another Hurdle to Jump
Aww Soo, yes you are being blummin tested, but I know that you'll as ever go for it, and take a step at a time. Here's a big hug and X from me, keep your chin up girl. (((((((((((((xxxx)))))))))))

bebs

Another Hurdle to Jump
I had to go to Fethiye yesterday to see an eye doctor as I,ve been having vision problems for about 3 weeks now.

Just my luck - I,ve got cataracts in both eyes. I,m not sure if the chemo has anything to do with it.

So, if I get Dr. Mustys approval I,ll have the first eye operated on a week tomorrow.

So much for 2010 being a better year :)

I,m certainly being tested....... (and not just my eyes)

The good thing is that they will insert contact lenses into the eyes. Makes me shudder thinking about it, but it will mean that life will be easier as no more solutions etc for lenses.

Soo x
Try and stay strong all this trials will go ,but time takes time ,will be praying for you -Bebs

suzyq

Another Hurdle to Jump
Soo I am so sorry to read your news, as you say not a good start to the year

:grouphug:

ted j

Another Hurdle to Jump
Keep your chin up Soo,my mother in law had both eyes done and she was fine afterwards.Ted

GnD

Another Hurdle to Jump
So sorry to hear you have more with which to contend. As you say focus on the positive in that no lenses to mess with afterwards and hope you enjoy your meal out.

My Mother in law is really squeamish but had both of hers done and remarks frequently how wonderful the whole process is for her eyesight and wishes she had needed the ops earlier. No glasses for anything and had worn them all her life.

All the best and lots of love

Debbie Xx

ChrisBobs

Another Hurdle to Jump
Tested ..but doing something that will get better results.
Just get the Doc's approval, and that they know what regime you are on, and go on!
2010 is young yet, so as with the others, wish you all the best.
Hugs
Chris

Tess

Another Hurdle to Jump
All the best Soo, you didn't need any more, but I am confident you will clear the hurdles!!

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Another Hurdle to Jump
soo

You will see so much better once the ops are done, think of it as a positive that they can cure this little problem.

You are so lucky to have them done straightaway too.

take care

evex

saffie

Saffie
Another Hurdle to Jump
Sorry to hear that you have yet more problems to overcome Soo.

On a positive note my Mum is 76 and had to have both eyes done last year for cataracts and now has perfect eyesight and says it's the best thing ever. She can see far better than me these days.

Good Luck Soo:blowkiss:

saffie

carolk

R.I.P
Another Hurdle to Jump
Jeez Soo, what next? You will be as brave about this as you are about everything else and, whatever is going on, 2010 will be a better year for you. x :kiss:

Reactions: GnD

Ceni

Ceni
Another Hurdle to Jump
Same from us Soo, think everyone's already got it covered.

Both my parents have had double ones done too, and again, both came through with no problems at all....

xx

Tess

Another Hurdle to Jump
My Mum has had one eye done and is awaiting a slot for her next eye op. She says it has made an amazing difference.

Another Hurdle to Jump
Hi Soo
Try not to worry as its a quick operation with local anaesthetic drops in the eye normally after which they just replace the lens in the eye with another.
I had my eyes lasered in a similar type of eye treatment and its painless and quick.
Absolutely straightforward and older people just file in and out on a conveyor belt at our local hospital eye clinic.
My mum had it done at 83 and she was in and out in 30 minutes.
She even said I could go if I wanted to and pick her up later
She said it was one of the best things she had ever done!!
Keep your chin up and relax.
You will be fine but we are all rooting for you!!
Take care ok xx

Last edited:
Another Hurdle to Jump
hi soo..you will be ok
at least an artificial lens wont be affected by any medication you are on..as yes you are right sometimes chemotherapy and radiation may affect the protein in the lens.....as does age and diabetes injury etc..
you will sail through the procedure. İ wish i could be with you to hold your hand as do all your other supporters here. Take heart and dont look back.

Another Hurdle to Jump
Thanks for the words of encouragment. Now that I,ve got my brain around it all, I don,t feel so stressed about it.

My only concern is that the op will only be 2 days after chemo so that is why I need Dr. Mustys go ahead.

I,ll also find out on Monday whether my insurance will cover it.

Have a good week-end everyone.

Soo x

Another Hurdle to Jump
Everything I wanted to say has been said, I'm glad you are feeling less stressed by the thought now, I'm sure you will be glad once its done, lots of luck & good wishes xxx

Gail

Another Hurdle to Jump
I hope you rinsurance covers the ops for you Soo. My dad had the same op on both of his eyes and said it was one of the best decisions he had ever made. Hope it all goes ahead as planned, keep your chin up, you are an inspiration to us all Soo xxxxx

hachris

Another Hurdle to Jump

Soo x

Cheer up Soo, I had the same operation 3 years ago because I was tired of glasses. It felt scary; I hated the idea of somebody messing up with my eyes. It took about 20-30 minutes pr eye and I don’t need glasses at all. Don’t despair when after the operation all the lights you see when it is dark multiply and when every light becomes a Christmas tree ;-)… It goes over. Compared to what you have been trough, this is nothing. I know it is tiresome to be brave and positive all the time... but lots of people are thinking of you!

Good luck!
:Flower:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom