carolk

R.I.P
Ankara Sigorta, Rubbish!!!!
Hi everyone

I am insured with the above insurance co, full medical, earthquake and house. I was told my Dr was Bulent at Bey Clinic in Dolphine Sq. When I was ill in Jan and called out Dr Bulent for an Asthma attack he told me I would still have to pay him and claim it back from Ankara Sigorta, I did that and took it to my broker, they are if this is right (N. Ece.Erdonmez tel. 050217458 Nr Za Za Tours) I havent had that payment yet. I had another attack today and again called out the Dr and a different Dr came, a very nice woman who spoke good English. She asked if I was insured and when I said I was administered treatment, after the treatment had started she asked for my ins card and told me they do not deal with Ankara Sigorta anymore and that I would have to pay!!!!!!!! I had not been informed by the clinic or the Ins Co. Ankara Sigorta have no designated Dr in Didim at all now. I have since been told that the broker has done a bunk. Having phoned the Ins Co. and been given the run around I was finally told by the last guy I spoke to ' what do you want me to do about it'. I would have thought that most of us would need Ins for Dr care more often than hospital care Does anyone else Know anything about this or had similar experiences with this Co?

cas jack

my sympathy to you i have just come back from altinkum where my first week was spent running round trying to find someone from the insurers but to no avail, i heard so many different rumours it would be nice to know what is the truth...anyone know? jack...

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Sorry to hear that Carol. Ece from Ankara Sigorta is a member of this forum although she no longer has the insurance office and is now working for an Emlak.

We had Solutions come and give us a talk at the WIT group and they were also present at the open day. We have since had members sign up with them with no problems so far and the full healthcare plan is very reasonable.

carolk

R.I.P
Hi Kim

Can you tell me who is the designated Dr in Didim and which broker do I go to now since niether has bothered to inform me. Yes I agree it is a reasonable package, but only if I can use it!!! Thanks

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Soz Carol, was talking about "Solutions insurance" in that bottom paragraph.

No idea about Ankara Sigorta but I will email Ece for you to see if she can tell you what you are supposed to do now!

In any event, Id change my insurance company if I were you.

carolk

R.I.P
Sorry Kim, I feel a right fool!!! I should have read it properly, only excuse I can give is I am not well!!! Thanks agian.

roynjaqui

Hi Kym
Where's Solutions? We need to renew our house insurance when we come next week.
Jackie

colin c

ankara sigorta has been changing hands , and theyve been closed for the transition period .
im not sure as to when new service will resume , i popped in to see them yesterday as i saw them open and thats what i was told .
colin

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Hi Jackie,

Solutions is above the Notary office and the enttrance to it it at the back. Ill pm you the phone number :)

carolk

R.I.P
Thanks Kym, I found out as much myself today. They said they would ring me but no luck yet!!!!!

marymossi

senior mosquito catcher
I feel so sorry for you. I have asthma and I know how distressing it is. If you live in the UK, HSBC do a Bank Account plus which includes so many trips a year for insurance. I took a private insurance and when I was over in May, got bitten by mossies again. That lady Dr was spot on and I am so grateful for the treament they gave me as I am very allergic to bites.

Hello
I am insured with Ankara Sigorta , house and earthquake and contents and was told last year to renew with them I could just email them 2 weeks before insurance runs out for a quote and they could renew over the internet as I am not coming out to Turkey again til next year. After reading this, I am now worried as I have emailed with no reply and I dont want my house insurance running out. It runs out in just over 2 weeks. Can anyone give me their new email address to contact them as the one they gave me from last year is not getting any response? Or does anyone know of any other insurance company that will insure over the web without me coming to Turkey ?

Thanks

Rachel.

Martyn

I used to be with Ankara Sigorta but now insure with Intasure in the uk. I was told by someone that you still needed Dask insurance so I arranged that through our maintenance company based in Turkey.

carolk

R.I.P
Hi Mary

I live here and have done for a year. Havent been back to UK yet so need to have it here, thanks for the commisserations!!!! Will change it when due to one of the others that have been suggested on here. Thanks everyone.

Flipflop

Hi Martyn - Intasure are now able to offer DASK through offices in Istanbul, so all the property insurances can be arranged through the one UK source.

I'd also plug Intasure for offering the Tenants Insurance option - highly recommended if your proerty is let out to 'non family' guests. Very small premium for useful cover in the instance a paying guest causes damages. Intasure also offer the longest un-occupied cover for holiday properties I could find, beating Hiscox and a few others on that count as well as being the best premium rate too.

Hope this of use.

Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
Solutions insured us and some friends when travelling from here to Sri Lanka in February and our friends had some health problems which were sorted out promptly without any problems in communication with Sri Lanka. We have heard good reports about this company.

art2

Aviva Sigorta A S i deal with and i made a claim last year and was dealt with quickly all to our satisfaction .if you would want the person "s email i will send to you.
art 2

Latest Posts

Top Bottom