animals -vs- litter
This is likely to be a bit controversial. There are probably an equal number of threads on here expressing concerns about litter and concerns about street animals going hungry. In my town there are overturned trash barrels every morning, with trash, restaurant remains, etc. strewn all over- however, there is regularly genuine concern from people that worry that animals will go hungry because of limited access to food, and they prop open the lids on the trash receptacles. Yes, in an ideal world, no dog or cat would have to seek food that way, but reality says something different. I've got very mixed feelings on this- not sure which side I lean to- what do members think? Not very nice for the trashmen (who do a fantastic job) to have to clean up, and rarely see anyone, Turk OR Foreigner, muck in and put garbage back into can.

Bill & Linda

Senior Members
animals -vs- litter
This is likely to be a bit controversial. There are probably an equal number of threads on here expressing concerns about litter and concerns about street animals going hungry. In my town there are overturned trash barrels every morning, with trash, restaurant remains, etc. strewn all over- however, there is regularly genuine concern from people that worry that animals will go hungry because of limited access to food, and they prop open the lids on the trash receptacles. Yes, in an ideal world, no dog or cat would have to seek food that way, but reality says something different. I've got very mixed feelings on this- not sure which side I lean to- what do members think? Not very nice for the trashmen (who do a fantastic job) to have to clean up, and rarely see anyone, Turk OR Foreigner, muck in and put garbage back into can.

Your right, most of the bins are propped open in Altinkum and this does contribute to the mess as the dogs and cats get in and have a good rummage, close the lids and a lot of cats and dogs would probably die, difficult one I have thought of this a lot and really there is no answer, though in answer to your other question I am one of the few that does tidy up round the bin (it just drives me mad to see rubbish) at the end of our street, and if I am walking and see some rubbish I pick it up and put it in a bin. Even my grandaughter when we tidy up after ourselves off the beach will pick up any rubbish nearby (there always is) and bin it.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom