But remember this at Christmas time,
A dog is NOT a toy.
To clarify this message,
To which I have eluded,
Animals are living things,
Batteries are not included.

Camden

Animal Rights
The Turkish President knee jerk reaction to a recent Pitbull attack.... he has implied all Turkish street dogs should be caught and taken from the streets, and put in Municipality dog shelters if space or euthanised.

View attachment 25449

The Prez stirred controversy, by calling for “White Turks” to look after their dogs saying "We must not forget the place for orphans is not the streets but shelters !

Using the word dangerous as an excuse in what is being seen as a call for the streets to be free of animals.

. Since his order, authorities all around the country have been busy capturing dogs illegally and taking them to shelters.

The issue became a trending topic on Twitter with thousands of people slamming the statement and his remarks. Many pointing to the fact that pit bulls are not intrinsically violent and that it is their owners who raise them that these incidents the happen , others asked why this one incident has become a tool to target stray animals.

Turkish Animal lovers are up in arms on for using "White Turks " and also its known some shelters are not fit for purpose ...and Istanbul has a policy if not dangerous they spay and chip them and let them roam free ...

Istanbul Metro Mayor Ekrem İmamoğlu CHP and İzmir Metropolitan Mayor Tunç Soyer CHP both known to support animal welfare made statements in reaction to the news / ...

Izmir Metropolitan Municipality Mayor Tunç Soyer said, “My dear fellow citizens; I would like to give you the assurance that we will not remove any living thing that has 'adapted to urban life' from their habitats. However, it is also our responsibility to rehabilitate the animals that are behaving in dangerous ways. With the project that we will start soon with our veterinarians in our city, we will speed up the sterilization and vaccination of all stray animals and prevent population growth.”

Dec. 25 ordered municipalities to remove stray dogs from the streets and place them in shelters, which effectively means death for the animals since shelters are in horrendous conditions in Turkey.

It looks as if some AKP Municipalities followed the Presidents suggestion ...

AKP municipality workers video taped burying dogs with construction equipment: Allegedly they were murdered by poisoning

In Afyonkarahisar, it was claimed that the AKP's Sultandağı Municipality killed dogs with poisonous injections. An animal lover, recorded the moments when the dog's lifeless body was buried by AKP municipal staff. During the recording, AKP municipal personnel prevented the citizens from taking pictures.

Discretion warning on video ..linked

Latest Posts

Top Bottom