KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Animal Aid Charity Pictures
Here are few pictures that I took at the Animal Sanctuary yesterday. All of the dogs in the pictures are available for adoption now. The tiny white dog playing with the ball has been taken home by one of the volunteers for 3 weeks because it has no mum and needs nursing.

The group of 7 pups in the 2nd and 3rd pictures look like Kangals but mum is a spaniel / terrier mix. So, maybe they'll turn out to be "Spangals" or "Terrigals". :wink:

DSCF3961.jpg

DSCF3971.jpg

DSCF3979.jpg

DSCF3962.jpg

DSCF3964.jpg

DSCF3973.jpg

DSCF3975.jpg

DSCF3976.jpg

DSCF3978.jpg

Last edited:

Joannasal

Don't you just want to take them all home! Unfortunately my cat (who rules the house) would definitely not accept a dog and they would both be unhappy.

Are these dogs strays or left behind when people decide to leave Turkey? Is the Animal Aid funded purely on donations? Being fairly new here I don't know.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
The Animal Sanctuary was set-up 9 years ago by a Turkish lady, Perihan Agnelli, and she has been the driving force and example behind the introduction of a number of other shelters and "neuter and return" programmes throughout Turkey.

Fethiye Belediye make a large contribution to staff wages and food but the sanctuary relies very heavily on donations.

Many of the dogs are either abandoned on the streets and are brought in by the Zabita Polis or volunteer rescuers. Some are brought into the sanctuary by owners, both Turkish and expat, who are unable to continue to look after them for many reasons. The puppies in the pictures were born at the sanctuary.

A small group of volunteers go to the sanctuary to walk and play with the dogs so that they are used to human contact. We usually do it on a Wednesday afternoon but anyone is welcome to turn-up any afternoon just to spend some time playing with the dogs.

There are also a large number of cats of all ages, that need good homes, and they are kept in another area of the sanctuary.

There's a recent article in the Fethiye Times about the sanctuary.Click Here

Last edited:

paul clarke

paul & louise
they are all so gorgeous, it would be so hard to pick one, if my wife had her way, we would end up with all of them.
Is the sanctuary donation funded?

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Please read the second paragraph of post #3. They are always very happy to receive donations.

If you'd like to donate using PayPal, use animalaidfethiye@hotmail.com as the email address. If you mark it as a gift, you won't be charged a handling fee, and 100% of your donation will go to the sanctuary.

Last edited:

Joannasal

Well, I finally got to the sanctuary today. Sadly not a great day to go as it was wet and cold, but gosh the animals are just so lovely and so friendly.
At work we recently held a small raffle to raise some money for the sanctuary and rather than accept the money the staff asked for food etc for the cats and dogs - how sensible.

I will go again (if I can remember the way), and hopefully will try and be a volunteer walker. Maybe not until the new year as work hours are a bit erratic at the mo'.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Aww what lovely pups . and clean kennels . I.d love to visit one day . are leads ect wanted as my two dogs have to many ..... Diane

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Yes, they're always happy to receive unwanted collars, leads, drinking/food bowls etc

In fact they'll take anything and try to turn it into money to buy food and medical supplies for the centre. They always have a stall at the local Boot Sales to raise funds.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom