luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Angiogram
Well finally - after Tuesday night of very bad pain - I plucked up courage to have my Angiogram
Went to the Universal at 10 30 - saw consultant at 11 am and by
1 30pm I was being whisked away to the op room -- very sedated as I was petrified -- big baby me !!!
All I can say was that it was not a pleasant experience - first time he could not get into my vein - 2nd time lucky --- ouch :30:
I did sneak a quick look at the screen - found it fasinating but scarey - very pretty when they injected the dye !
Anyway - good news - Heart and arteries all good and healthy - must admit I was all prepared for a stent - thats me looking on the downside again
He said I have a very fast heartbeat so I am to take a beta blocker once a day - got to go back next week for more tests as he still needs to find out WHY I have these pains ?
I am home now - badly bruised and very sore but relieved I went through with it -- many thanks to all who pm d me to tell me not to worry.
The Universal Hospital was excellent - nurses and staff so lovely - but pricey !!!!

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Angiogram
Hope you are feeling a little better and that they get to the bottom of your problem soon

jewel

Angiogram
Glad nothing untoward found,hope you get some answers to your pains.Best wishes jewel x

juco

Angiogram
Wishing you all the best.

Yip I seem to remember although not painful at the time I did get a lot of bruising on my arm over the next few days.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Angiogram
So glad there isn't a problem with your heart Sue and hope you soon find out what is causing the pains.

Best wishes

Jackie and Steve

Angiogram
Well finally - after Tuesday night of very bad pain - I plucked up courage to have my Angiogram
Went to the Universal at 10 30 - saw consultant at 11 am and by
1 30pm I was being whisked away to the op room -- very sedated as I was petrified -- big baby me !!!
All I can say was that it was not a pleasant experience - first time he could not get into my vein - 2nd time lucky --- ouch :30:
I did sneak a quick look at the screen - found it fasinating but scarey - very pretty when they injected the dye !
Anyway - good news - Heart and arteries all good and healthy - must admit I was all prepared for a stent - thats me looking on the downside again
He said I have a very fast heartbeat so I am to take a beta blocker once a day - got to go back next week for more tests as he still needs to find out WHY I have these pains ?
I am home now - badly bruised and very sore but relieved I went through with it -- many thanks to all who pm d me to tell me not to worry.
The Universal Hospital was excellent - nurses and staff so lovely - but pricey !!!!

How pricey???????

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Angiogram
Best of luck Sue. Sorry we had to go for a beer without you today.....
A six mile run is out of the question tomorrow then ?....please....

waterbaby

Angiogram
Glad things seem to be ok, hopefully your results next week will show something easy managed. As far as the hospital goes, as they say you get what you pay for and as far as health and peace of mind go its worth every penny.

Angiogram
Good news Sue. It all sounds very familiar!! My Angio had the same result - no heart or artery problems and the consensus was that my heart attack was most probably the result of high levels of stress.

Since then I take a statin, a betablocker to regulate my heartbeat, and another to keep the blood pressure down. It took a few months to get the dosage just right - initially it was too high and I felt like s**t. My UK doctor reduced the dosage prescribed by my Turkish cardiologist - in general dosages are higher here than in the UK. However I'm fine now, although I find that I do need to rest more than before - doing too much was probably part of the problem in the first place! Jolly good excuse for an afternoon nap!!

I'm sure that your doctor will sort things out for you, be patient and try not to worry - the worst bit is the Angio and that's out of the way! Good luck.

Linda

Latest Posts

Top Bottom