SKYManAndy

Andy and Nesli nr Dikilli
Hi all,

I am new to the site stumbled upon it completely by accident this evening, cutting to the chase my name is Andy 32yrs 10 years ago met a Turkish girl and we are now married with 2 kid's settled in the UK. We bought a property a few years ago 2hrs North of IZMIR very close to Dikilli and interested in communicating with people in this area. To date we have spent 4 wks there each summer with the kid's and Nesli's family and have loved every minute.

For any DIY people who may require some help I have worked in the satellite industry for most of my days so if I can help with any issues regarding English channels pls let me know,

Regards

Tess

Hi Andy and Nesli and family, welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy. It is a fab place to communicate with folks who love Turkey also. When I holiday I go to Altinkum. Closest I have been to Izmir is the airport but would like to have a few days in Izmir sometime to have a look around. Hope to hear from you soon on the many posts.

judi

Is the sun shining?
Hi there Andy Nesli and family and welcome to the forum!

Bahar

Time is precious
Hi Andy

My Husband and his family live in Dikili and we are hoping to be moving there in the Spring. We spend as much time there as we can in the summer. Where near Dikilli do you stay?

SKYManAndy

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me my youngest daughters middle name is Bahar, we spend our time in Salirleralti which is between Dikili and Altinova. We always go into Dikili for the bazar and go on a few boat trip's when we are around, where we live we spend most of our time relaxing on the beach with the kid's and about 20 of their friends from our complex whom struggle with the language barrier but manage to get by, are their any recommendations you can make about the area?

Sailor

Welcome Andy & family.It will be of great benefit to have your knowledge of all things satellite!have a place in Kusadasi so not too far to cry for help!!
Regards
Kevin

Bahar

Time is precious
I get called Bahar by my Husbands family as my name Kerry is to close to the word for Donkey in Kurdish so my mother in law decided to rename me and so I end up as Bahar :)) but it I like it.

I will think of some of the things that you can do around Dikilli and send you a pm and will ask the hubby of anything. It's nice to know of people around Dikilli coz as you will know its not really and English tourist destination and not many end up that way. Though it is a beautiful area.

SKYManAndy

Thanks for that, I have heard that English people have started to discover the area but to date I have not met anyone there which is not a bad thing at times talk about sticking out like a sore thumb though!

Top Bottom