kaplumba

And a river ran through it.
A year or so ago I read an article in the Telegraph about Bordubet - right turn down a track on the road between Marmaris and Datca. It sounded magical. Well today I had the chance to wander off down that track and wow was it fantastic. The track takes you alongside the northern shores of the peninsula. The sea was bright blue and the waves were crashing on the beaches. The track stretches for about 8 km's and then you get to a small river which wanders through a fasntastic hotel Golden Keys Bordubet. We stopped for lunch and the restaurant was beside the river full of swans and ducks while white peacocks and their chicks wandered around very beautiful grounds. My husband doesn't know it yet but we will be spending a couple of nights there sometime soon. We followed the track on to Amazon beach club but the road was just awful and I was worried about the hire car so we turned back. So all you Datca folks if you haven't been there you really must.

Bibby

Ferretbrain
That sounds really lovely. Do you drive along the track? Or do you park by the main road and get a lift back. It certainly looks lovely on Google earth.

That certainly sounds like a place well worth visiting!!Wish we were there too of course and look forward to exploring it next visit. Enjoy the rest of your hols xx

civciv

We went to Amazon beach last summer and we parked at the "beach" next to the Campsite. We werent really welcomed as we weren't staying at the campsite but the barman sorted out a couple of sunbeds. The beach was just scruffy dark sand dust but it was really peaceful and relaxing.. no toilets by the way and you really have to go into the woods for this! Like you we were pretty worried about the drive there as the road was awful and it took an hour from the main Datca road. En route we laughed so much as from leaving the road there is a small shop where we asked how far to Amazon, then as we drove we saw signs with different distances there.. bearing in mind there is only 1 way to and from Amazon/Bordubet.

PM Erdogan stayed in Bordubet at the hotel you mention 2 years ago at New Year.

kaplumba

Well I'm glad we didn't keep going to Amazon, it has to be one of the worst Turkish roads I have been on. We were laughing at the road signs especially the one with a motorway picture. We also did a fair bit of screaming when we saw the odd car coming the other way. One of husbands windsurfing friends told him that when it wasn't so windy in Datca it was a good alternative. So SIL and I went to check it out. Anyway anyone going there just don't go past the Golden Keys Hotel and you will be OK.

flowerpotman

No Clique just Creak
Did the road to Amazon with a mutual friend of ours. Lost two wheel trims on the car and nearly the sump.

Big Paul

Moved at last
If you carry on the track a little further than the hotel you will see their beach club. It is a small penninsula and on one side there is wooden decking with sunbeds. It is really nice with different levels with a small restaurant. There are hammocks and seating areas in amongst the trees. There is a small path that takes you uo to the top of the small central hill for a great view of the bay. Nice clear water ideal for snorkelling. Free use kayaks and pedallos.

I believe the hotel run a taxi boat from the hotel, down the river and across the bay.

We spent the day on Saturday there. One of our favorite places.

kaplumba

Ah well we got as far as the beach club then but then we turned round as I feared for our little rented Palio. Next time we will get a 4x4.

Big Paul

Moved at last
Found this photo of it
2hs2ds3.jpg

Latest Posts

Top Bottom