IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Amazon
Anyone got an experience querying an Amazon charge? Checking my bank account this month highlights a payment to Amazon that I cannot recall making. there is a reference number attached but I am not sure how to go about it. (It is not a large amount but I am perplexed).

Kanga

Amazon
Ask the bank to do a chargeback. If it's a genuine transaction Amazon with challenge it and you can get an explanation.
You may have had a short period free with your sim card but I doubt Amazon ever gives prime for free.

juco

Amazon
You may have had a short period free with your sim card but I doubt Amazon ever gives prime for free.
I got caught out a couple of years back, 1st time ordering and there was free prime delivery, I didn't notice in small print something about it renewing with monthly charge unless cancelled.
I phoned them and they credited the charge back to my bank.

evo80

Amazon
Ask the bank to do a chargeback. If it's a genuine transaction Amazon with challenge it and you can get an explanation.

They did do a free trial .I had it for a month free ,before I took it up .

Matrixca7

Amazon
Anyone got an experience querying an Amazon charge? Checking my bank account this month highlights a payment to Amazon that I cannot recall making. there is a reference number attached but I am not sure how to go about it. (It is not a large amount but I am perplexed).

Most probably it's a charge for Amazon Prime. Log into your account and if it's a case call Amazon and they'll cancel the Prime and refund the charge. Happened to me a couple of months ago.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Amazon
Thanks for the replies chaps, I have sorted it as suggested by Struggs. At some point in the past I had subscribed to kindleunlimited. I have cancelled it.

Hilsjw

Amazon
Bill had an email from Amazon yesterday. It says he bought an item from the U.S. for $21. He has kept the email but not opened it. Obviously a scam.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Amazon
Bill had an email from Amazon yesterday. It says he bought an item from the U.S. for $21. He has kept the email but not opened it. Obviously a scam.

Have a look at your orders through your Amazon account. There is a small possibility that it has been hacked. I agree I would not open the email.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Amazon
Does anyone know the situation when ordering through Amazon Turkey as regards customs charges on goods that are not supplied locally? A friend was asked to pay an astronomical customs charge on a small,l low-cost item. I recently purchased some items that were made in China. I only paid the price shown on the Website, no extra customs duty was levied.

MJL

Amazon
Does anyone know the situation when ordering through Amazon Turkey as regards customs charges on goods that are not supplied locally? A friend was asked to pay an astronomical customs charge on a small,l low-cost item. I recently purchased some items that were made in China. I only paid the price shown on the Website, no extra customs duty was levied.
I’ve had a little problem with this and found since I’ve moved house I’ve not paid any charge! Bought the same items from the same seller, only difference is who is delivering it! 🤔 not trying to point any fingers, ahem !

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Amazon
I was looking at amazon the other day and there was some crazy delivery and import charges. But then it advertised amazon prime they were saying no delivery costs. But I think you have to be a member or something. I think prime delivery comes from istanbul maybe they don't do all amazon items.

Kanga

Amazon
In the UK Amazon Prime is a monthly subscription of (I think) £7.95 which covers all postage and delivery and also gives free access to Amazon TV pay channels.
Is it the same in TC?

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Amazon
In the UK Amazon Prime is a monthly subscription of (I think) £7.95 which covers all postage and delivery and also gives free access to Amazon TV pay channels.
Is it the same in TC?
It could be because it said free months trial.

Kanga

Amazon
It could be because it said free months trial.
It is free for the first 30 days but you have to give bank details for a DDM and many people forget to cancel after the 30 days are up. It's a passive/aggressive form of marketing in my opinion.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Amazon
The parcels which have attracted customs charges seem to have come through th PTT system, others delivered by Kargo companies do not seem to have. It may be a coincidence, as I am only looking at a small sample.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom