Navan

Non Active Mmember
Altinkum Jewellers cornershop
When in Tinky last I had a ring made from stones from another ring. I also had my wedding ring replaced form a white gold one to a platinum one. My engagement ring has 3 large diamonds (bragging) in it and again it was white gold so I had the diamonds taken out and placed in to a platinum setting. It cost me £170 for the platinum rings and £150 for the ring to be made......I supplied the stones. Yesterday I left the rings in to be valued and it takes 10 days to be done as it has to be sent to Dublin castle which is where they do they valuations for some reason. I would have thought it's done in the jewellers. Anyway, I'm a bit concerned about the color of my rings. No they haven't gone off color! I always thought that platinum was a greyish color. I just hope he hasn't given me a new white gold or worse still silver rings. Anyway all will be revealed in 10 days time. Another thing...he never stamped them.

Anna

merlin

I know exactly who you are talking about Anna! and he is quite trustworthy!

<scroll down>
adaley6rw.jpg

Merv!
:D

merlin

I am suprised they have to send it away for testing. All decent jewellers are capable of platinum and gold testing inn house. For platinum its just a basic mix of hydrochloric acid and nitric acid called Aqua Regia in the trade. Using Aqua Regia, a platinum mark will remain the same white colour with no reaction.

Merv!

Navan

Non Active Mmember
All jewelers here are the same Lee. They have to send it away to Dublin Castle. I hope to god I have platinum and not silver!

Anna

Gail

Stop worrying, you don't know yet;) I have total trust that they will come back platinum but I bet the diamonds are crystals [:0][:0] Anna, I'm pulling your leg[:p] try not to worry too much but keep us updated:) The jewellers in Turkey is still there isn't it, so if there was a problem you can always go back very loudly;)

Navan

Non Active Mmember
I'm not worried about the crystals as they are real.....I supplied them myself. You are right gail if it is not genuine platinum I will have their guts for garters!

Anna

dawn

I have had rings made in this country and to hallmark them they have to be sent away and it costs about £60 so i have never had mine done .

Anna iam sure they will be ok
Dawn

Mushtaq

Founding Member
I don't want to scare you, but when I was in Pakistan a few years ago, I had a diamond ring that I didn't like and wanted it reset into another design, I took it to a recommended jeweler, and he said it will be ready in couple of days, well before my return flight, as you have guessed it didn't get done in time, so my brother said he will collect it in a few days and send it with my uncle who was coming the following week.

When I got the ring back, they bastard had swapped the diamond with a crystal :(

That was the last time I had anything made there.

merlin

Thats terrible Mushtaq!

I did a google pakistan search on this jeweller and according to news agencies it wont happen there again - apparently police are still looking for him and have recently traced him to Altinkum where I hear he does a very good trade with the Irish :D

Merv!
:D

Mushtaq

Founding Member
I went back a few years later to see this guy but he had closed up and gone, maybe moved to Altinkum.

Gail

You two are going to scare this poor lady out of her wits[:0][:0] She'll be demented by next week.[:p]

merlin

Thought it best to get things out in the open about Ipek Yolu Jewellers before Anna goes over :D

Merv!
[}:)]

Navan

Non Active Mmember
[}:)] I'l stand outside his shop with a banner telling everyone about the cowboy inside! No better girl. I may well be eating my words in 10 days time when I see my investment grow with the valuation so stay tuned.

Anna

tricia

I'll keep fingers crossed for you, but I'm sure you'll be delighted with the valuation. Those two are cruel to be winding you up like that. Let us know the results.

murdo

Warp Factor 8
Mushtaq and Merlin, I hear the Samaritans and the Diplomatic Service are looking for volunteers[:p][}:)];) Errr....hope you are not looking for references.

Bet those rings will be fine!!

Murray

Senior Citizen
I think you had better close this topic, if it wasnt for the £25 I gave this jeweller, the rings would have cost me a lot more...... and the back hander of £120 wasnt really an incentive. just dont tell anna. its amazing what a turkish jeweller can do with a ring pull and the fragments from a smashed coke bottle.....

Gail

You fellas are terrible [:0] Stop teasing the poor girl, she's out of her mind with worry [:p] and Murray you're pushing it, next Sunday you won't even get a meal out :D:D you can spend it cutting hedges and picking fleas out of hedgehogs :D:D

Gail :)

Jackie ;) you're absolutely right :D:D

NuttyManc

Hello, have you ever heard of innocent before proven guilty ??? How can you possibly make these types of accusations when you havnt even had an answer yet ? By the way, I have myself purchased from this "corner shop" myself and I have had it valued, it was worth a lot more than I actually purchased it for. These people are very friendly and professional in what they do. These people have 5 years guarantee with everything they sell, they "DO NOT SELL PLATINUM", if you want special orders, they can do this for you also from outside of altinkum, Also if there are any problems, they want you to come back and see them, so there is no way that they rip people off. I would appreciate myself if you would actually revise on what you say and start telling the truth. NuttyManc

Mushtaq

Founding Member
NuttyManc, welcome to the forum, kindley introduce yourself to other members in the 'Introduce Yourself' section.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom