Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
Altinkum Hospital sort of!
Two weeks ago on Wednesday we went to enqire about minor accident cover, it was very reasonable 88 tl each so was going to go back and pay with our paperwork on the Monday. On the Friday I slipped down the hill near our house by a big mess of bricks on the pavement and had what I thought was a very bad sprain. Hobbling around without a lot of sympathy I decided to go to the hospital today just to get it checked out. Ticket at desk cost me 15.50 TL and hobbling around not really knowing what to do with blank looks (I know i should learn Turkish) finally had an x ray cost 7.70 TL then the doc said "broken come back Monday" and gave me my X ray!!! Am assuming I go back Monday and they will put a plaster on it, all I know is it bloody hurts, big woss that I am.:33:

I think I will do a load of translation phrases on google or try and get a Turkish speaker to come with me, its too flippin confusing.

Moral - get your medical insurance before you fall down any holes in Altinkum although I dont think its going to be so expensive (hopefull).

So I am bored stupidstaying in and trying to keep off foot, boiling hot, not had a cig since Monday and trying to sleep with Paul McKenna wispering down my shuffle pod hoping to wake up three stone lighter!!:juggle:

Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
Well thats what I thought but assume Doc knows better - you can see the break on the X Ray and they dont work weekends or evenings!!

PASH

This should really be set in a cast asap! Can cause long term problems if left more than 24 hours, this should be attended to straight away

Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
aww flip I am getting a bit worried now. Am keeping off it as much as I can with a tight elastic bandage, but the swelling has only just gone down so I dont think they would have done an x ray or plaster straight away. Cant go out anyway even with crutches with the state of the roads here and I live on a hill.:nono:

They would want you to rest and allow swelling to subside before applying POP,this is common practice for a lot of fractures

It is amazing that the streets are not full of people with broken limbs, there is not a foot path you can walk along in our area without being constantly on the look out for some danger, pot hole, high kerb, tree in the middle,road sign, car parked!

hope they do a good job and you make a full recovery soon!

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Can you not make a claim to the council, lol. I do hope that it gets sorted for you soon.

:animation

Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
Make a claim to the Council? We actually got billed and paid for the bloody road and we dont even drive and because of the parked cars at the time (couple of days before the orange shirt boys came out) had to walk on the dodgy pavement. The bit where I fell I am usually so careful it was round a lampost where they dont bother doing properly and going down a hill. I shall be sending a strong letter of complaint to our local Beledyere :20: ..............NOT!

Most people I know have had a fall of some sort, maybe not so serious and the cause is mainly steps in buildings and apartments that are not always the same size on each set.:nono::nono:

Aw well I cant even get up off me aching bum from being on the computer too long:33:and bbc prime is so repetative. At least I can see the sun, sea and mountains from my window.:wacko:

Lindacm

It is amazing that the streets are not full of people with broken limbs, there is not a foot path you can walk along in our area without being constantly on the look out for some danger, pot hole, high kerb, tree in the middle,road sign, car parked!

hope they do a good job and you make a full recovery soon!

Yes, tell me about it. I have a bad ankle sprain by tripping in a pot-hole 2 weeks ago. Still can't walk properly on it, but thank God it's not broken. The doctor told me it will take 4-5 weeks to heal and even then will still be weak.

Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
Went all the way to the hospital and queued up and they said doctor not here till tomorrow 7.30. Sod do i wait now or look elsewhere i really dont fancy going to Aydin hospital. hmmmmmmmmm :-(

Latest Posts

Top Bottom