Toxteth

Also just joined...
Hi everyone,
I didn't want to hijack someone else's thread so I started a new one...
My wife and I recently bought a Villa in Yalikavak, which we think is a really cool and beautiful place to be.
We looked at many places in many countries i.e. Spain, Croatia etc, but landed in Yalikavak about 300 meters from the sea...:9:
We are back in Oslo now...yes it is cold and rainy right now...but, will be back in Yalikavak in September 19 for a couple of weeks to get everything sorted and make a start with the house, so much to do...
We are both IT professionals (not geeks I might add) I work in a Museum and Hana works in a University.
I was wondering if there is anywhere that has a squash court, a hotel or something? and if there is anyone interested in playing during 19 Sept-5 Oct once or twice maybe? would be real cool.
I am also a bit of a musician and was thinking of building a little studio at the back of our house, when I get around to it (time & money...:-(...), I have noticed that there are one or two musicians on this board, I have played as Reggae guitarist for many years in the late 70's during the punk era...

But, anyway, nice to meet all you good folks on here, lots of good info and cools vibes around here.
If anyone's wondering about my user-name...yes I am from Liverpool and Toxteth was the district I grew up in, during the fifties and sixties it was like "New Orleans" music was everywhere, Merseybeat was on the streets and so was I, albeit just 11 years of age at the time, I remember it as though it was yesterday. Toxteth now is justa pale shadow of its former self, shame really it was the catalyst for a lot of music and a lot of bands in Liverpool...

regards

Toxteth (Alvin)

Last edited:

lynne

Also just joined...
Welcome Toxteth and wife to the Forum.
I live in Gundogan the next village up from you. You will love having a home here
Enjoy your new home in Yalikavak !
Lynne

JAYTEE

Also just joined...
Welcome from us as well. This is a great forum and you will gain so much knowledge from it. We also have a place in Yalikavak - a wonderful place to be. I'm also from Merseyside (the other side of the water though!)

Janet

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Also just joined...
Welcome Toxteth, what a great intro, there are lots of us 50's babes on here who love our music, sure you'll join in the fun that is TLF. We have an apartment in Gumuskaya (in between Yalikavak and Gumusluk) so yes I agree you've chosen well. Yeh we looked in Spain (twice), but so glad we settled for Turkey, to me it is a far better place to be and you do get a far more spacious accomodation for your money.

tomc1984

Also just joined...
Welcome from us too, sound interesting people, maybe meet up, we are in Yalikavak too, as much as possible but not enough.

waterbaby

Also just joined...
Hi and welcome. Im sure you will love it over here, there are alot of musicians here that im sure would love to have a few jammin sessions.

Toxteth

Also just joined...
Hi Y'all,
Thanks for all the nice welcomes, I intend to be around TLF a bit, it is interesting and many interesting people reply to the topics...I do have my own website, but cannot post URL's before I have 15 posts, but, if you google for toxteth.com then you will find it...;-)

Alvin...

Also just joined...
wellcome Alvin & Hana to tlf, we live in gumusluk and on are site we have four families from oslo who do like to have a good time and party, enjoy your time here Jim.

mparle

Also just joined...
hi a new one like me. welcome to the forum, am also from liverpool still live up the road from where you came from. hope you have many happy years in your new home. margi

hammers

Also just joined...
Hi Y'all,
Thanks for all the nice welcomes, I intend to be around TLF a bit, it is interesting and many interesting people reply to the topics...I do have my own website, but cannot post URL's before I have 15 posts, but, if you google for toxteth.com then you will find it...;-)

Alvin...

dees r r beers dees r.:16vf:

Martyn

Also just joined...
Welcome to the forum Alvin. Hammers is trying to be funny because you are from Liverpool.

Alan Fidler

Ceteris paribus
Also just joined...
Hi Toxteth, and welcome.. i know where it is.. i was born a woolie back.. no need to explain to me... have fun and enjoy.

Alan.

Also just joined...
Welcome to the TLF Toxteth, hours of fun await you. It becomes very addictive. We are also from Liverpool. Litherland to be exact. My very good friend Hilary and her husband Rob live in Toxteth at St Margaret's Vicarage. Rob is the priest there. It gets to be an increasingly small world

Tess

Also just joined...
Hi and a warm welcome to the Forum, super introduction, really enjoyed it and look forward to reading your posts in the future, take cake and enjoy.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom