almost sold!
Hi everyone, We have a 4 bedroom duplex and we have 2 friends who have been over to Altinkum a few times and want to buy it off us. Could anybody shed some light on the best way of doing the transaction for us. The price is agreed and we just need to change the names on the deeds, or is there an agent on here that could help? Do we need to be out there at the same time to do this? regards David.....

Tess

almost sold!
Due to the complexities involved and because I don't fully understand the procedure if I were in your position I would be procuring the services of Crescent Homes to guide me through the exchange. You may be happy to do it yourself, but due to mistakes in my past I would not be going it alone again.

GnD

almost sold!
From everything I've read on here I agree with Tess! Don't risk it especially with friends involved.

Good luck

almost sold!
thanks for your info and quick reply, we are happy to go through an agent, just wondering about costs involved and charges, tax etc.

almost sold!
Agents may well charge 3% + costs to each party. Get a solicitor each in Turkey (at around £1000 + costs) and they will deal with it cheaper.

tosmur

almost sold!
You can go with an interpreter to the TAPU office and do it yourself, you can go to the relevant offices and check the electric and water have been paid as well. You can ask the local Belediyesi if their are any outstanding debts/taxes against the property as well.

jelly

almost sold!
Hi everyone, We have a 4 bedroom duplex and we have 2 friends who have been over to Altinkum a few times and want to buy it off us. Could anybody shed some light on the best way of doing the transaction for us. The price is agreed and we just need to change the names on the deeds, or is there an agent on here that could help? Do we need to be out there at the same time to do this? regards David.....
some agents charge 3% and more, others charge a fixed fee. You could do it yourself, but it's major hassle (I know becuase I've done it and spent 2 days running about like an idiot) and you have to trust your friends totally. I would either get a recommended agent or a lawyer if you have used them/trust them etc.. they take all the pain away! My lawyer helped me buy my new house for a set fee. Crescent homes have a good rep on here.

The buyers would need to apply for military searches, prices differ depending on who you use, 550 lira upwards. They take about 2-3 months so this is the first thing to do.

When it come back, you will need to pay for transfer tax, most people split this (it's currently 3.3%), plus circulation tax? 135 TL, any outstanding council tax, water, electric will have to be paid up. When all paperworks are done, then tapu will be transferred (translator about 70 Lira ish).

I'd avoid doing it on your own, and even though they are friends, get a proper contract drawn up showing what the sale includes, and when monies to be paid etc... Hope this helps x

Latest Posts

Top Bottom