whu66

www.gulluk.co.uk, www.cjceramics.com
All Quiet in Gulluk....
Where is everyone so Quiet in here....ill start im here,feel free to join lol

Helenm150

All Quiet in Gulluk....
Where is everyone so Quiet in here....ill start im here,feel free to join lol
Is it raining in Gulluk - it is in Turgutreis - I am watching internet English TV - X Factor and Strictly and researching 3 wheeler motorbikes ha ha!

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
All Quiet in Gulluk....
Have driven past the Gulluk sign many times, and have always thought if we have enough time would like a visit. Is it really very quiet there?

whu66

All Quiet in Gulluk....
Have driven past the Gulluk sign many times, and have always thought if we have enough time would like a visit. Is it really very quiet there?

IMO its heaven,has everything you want without the hussle and bussle,just counting the days till we are back

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
All Quiet in Gulluk....
You've made me want to go now, we're up in Gumuskaya between Yalikavak and Gumuskaya, and yes absolutely love Yalikavak because of it's quiet charm and no loud music etc, like other resorts, but each to their own eh. Our first visit to Turkey was Kusadasi on a cruise stopover, nightmare we were never left alone, and couldn't wait to get back on the ship, vowed never to return to Turkey. 5 years later was introduced to the Bodrum peninsula, and it's bliss, yes we go back next Monday and now countin down the hours, lol

whu66

All Quiet in Gulluk....
You've made me want to go now, we're up in Gumuskaya between Yalikavak and Gumuskaya, and yes absolutely love Yalikavak because of it's quiet charm and no loud music etc, like other resorts, but each to their own eh. Our first visit to Turkey was Kusadasi on a cruise stopover, nightmare we were never left alone, and couldn't wait to get back on the ship, vowed never to return to Turkey. 5 years later was introduced to the Bodrum peninsula, and it's bliss, yes we go back next Monday and now countin down the hours, lol

sunny please tell me how many hours it is till our month out there next july....serious blues here,so envy you...

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
All Quiet in Gulluk....
OH No, assuming you're going second week in July that's 41 weeks and 6,888 hours, away lol. I'll be the same on 9th Oct when we come home to the UK, it'll be 26 weeks till we go again, current planning and will be very blue too, but heigh ho, that's what makes it so special, waiting for the next time to come around.

Gail

All Quiet in Gulluk....
Went to Gulluk 2 weeks ago for the second time loved it the first time, hated the second time. It felt like I was in the middle of a military zone, the place stank of diesel and big grey military ships all over the place. It really has put me off the place. When I asked one of the restaurant owners if this was normal he said yes it was and you get used to the smell when you live there! Maybe if you do live there you are up in the hills and don't get the smell but the little village did nothing for me this time, I was really disappointed.

Last week we went to Bargilya and Bogazica (spelling wrong) and they were just beautiful, the views were to die for and just the smell of the sea! Then on the way home we stopped at Guvuncenlik for lunch, it was really charming with wonderful views, we had a fabulous lunch of meze, prawns, calamari and sea bass for 20tl a head which is much much cheaper than we would pay here in Turgutreis so a return visit is definitely on the cards for next week. I was expecting to hear the noise from the main road as well but for some reason you can hardly hear it.

gillkev

Gilly
All Quiet in Gulluk....
:9: I returned on the 17th September and cannot wait to go back, got flights booked for June 2010 but hope to get out there before then, I love the place worts and all its a wonderful place to chill and relax.

Sunny in Suffolk at the moment

Gilly

Mushroom

All Quiet in Gulluk....
Sorry to hear that Gail didn't like it on her second visit.
The naval ships only visit occasionally and the place has never disappointed us, so much so that I like to go 4 or 5 times a year, work permitting and have just finalised a second purchase on the outskirts.
Even now, I am looking at the flights to go back one more time this year.
It is very subjective, but in a place where you quickly get to know the locals, don't get ripped off on prices, you feel that your two teenage daughters are safer than the UK and there isn't a McDonalds or pint of John Smith's bitter within probably 20 miles, I think the place is great.

Roydsio

All Quiet in Gulluk....
Hi ya

We got back at the end of August and are just waiting for our next trip, the last of the year, in 3 weeks time.

I agree with Mushroom, the people are really friendly, you don't get glared at by the male population and don't get ripped off either.

It's nice to stroll down to the local bakers in the morning for the fresh bread and try out some of the freshly baked pastries for your breakfast.

Can't wait to go back for a good chill out before winter. We'll then be counting down the days until May. Not a big yellow M to be seen anywhere.

Regards

Sharon

Akasya

Postless Pointer
All Quiet in Gulluk....
Mushroom paints a lovely picture, one that Jackie and meself heartily concur with. Quaint, very Turkish, lovely mix of turkish and European visitors, quietly ambling around.

Well worth visiting.

Reminds me of Brixham.....

But with better weather, regards, Steve.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom