Spyrogal

Sally from Yali
Ali Baba / Mer Can Story
Friends in Yalikavak have just texted saying they were eating at Ali Baba's - whilst we know that the family have moved to Mer Can Story does anyone know if they have taken the name of Ali Baba with them or has it started up again with different owners but in the old location?

Sally

:504xn:

PASH

Ali Baba / Mer Can Story
I am not sure for certain but their old restaurant is still called The Ali Baba as it is owned by the Ali Baba Hotel

Spyrogal

Sally from Yali
Ali Baba / Mer Can Story
Thanks guys - just they said they've had a fab meal, so am curious as the "old" Ali Baba was one of our favourite places to eat...

PASH

Ali Baba / Mer Can Story
Different Chef this year as Altun is now working in the UK - enjoy!

Ali Baba / Mer Can Story
The crew from the old Ali Baba are now at The Mercan Story bar and restaurant. The rent at their previous place was becoming very expensive. They also felt it was a far better location for them at The Mercan because they have all day trade there, and a proper bar area. Same excellent food, and although as previously stated Altun is working in the UK this year-there is still at least one of the previous chefs doing the cooking. Super "Turkish Night" generally on a Tuesday, and a very warm welcome as usual from Ishan. They have built a super, duper loo (as raved about in a previous thread)

Ali Baba / Mer Can Story
PS; The original Ali Baba is still where it always was-on the harbourside. Still an excellent restaurant with delicious food. Just different staff. try both-you won't be disappointed

waterbaby

Ali Baba / Mer Can Story
Yep old Ali Baba have re-located to Mercan Storey hotel and are now under the name Mercan restaurant but everyone i know still refers to it as Ali baba.Still excellent food and the same chef "Haci",Fab location and as stated brill loo's with baby changing facilites and a teeney tiny loo for kids also they have disabled toilets both of which i believe are a first for Yali.

jolo

Ali Baba / Mer Can Story
Glad to hear that the Mercan now has all the Ali Baba staff and the same quality of food. Looking forward to enjoying it in their new top rated location. I think it is really nice to see the restaurant owners upgrading their premises. Well Done Ali Baba or should I say Mercan.

babes123

Ali Baba / Mer Can Story
i tried the mercan when on holiday in july and the food was excellent i also found it very relaxing as the lights are dimed and the cushions on the seats are very comfy

Ali Baba / Mer Can Story
Have only been once this year ( may) and was not impressed ,but will try again as friends will be staying there in september!

PASH

Ali Baba / Mer Can Story
I have purposely not posted a comment as everyone was so positive but i have to admit, my experience was not very good either. I won't be back sadly.

Ali Baba / Mer Can Story
Flipping eck!!!! I am surprised. We ate there a few times on our recent holiday and had delish food each time. The only not so positive point we had was that their breakfasts left a lot to be desired.( Perhaps not totally fair-as in our opinion no breakfast in Yali can match Our Secret Garden)But we never had a complaint about the menu or the food in the evenings. However-as we all know-places can have an off night for whatever reason. Maybe you were unlucky, and maybe we weren't

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Ali Baba / Mer Can Story
We tried the Ali Baba restaurant the other week and the food was rubbish. Won.t be going there again.

jolo

Ali Baba / Mer Can Story
Had a couple of very good meals at the Mercan Story, can recommend the pide, chicken curry, pasta mercan, breakfast was good also. Nice friendly staff and very pleasant setting. Will definately go again. Beach area is great, beds in the sun and under shade, just buy a drink or some food to use them. They even brought me some pide and potato salad to try while we sat on their sun beds, very tasty and a very nice touch, it was on the house and very nice.

I have always liked the Mercan beach and to have a spot of lunch there, it is also a great place to people watch while having a beer.

Jolo

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom