Jon & Mia

Alcove Under the Stairs
For anyone who has a duplex and is wondering what to do with the alcove under the stairs, we have just had ours converted into a lockable cupboard. It turns an awkward irregularly shaped space into a neat useful storage solution.

Attachments

• DSCF1452.jpg
    DSCF1452.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCF1453.jpg
    DSCF1453.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCF1411.jpg
    DSCF1411.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Jon & Mia

Alcove Under the Stairs
Sorry - don't appear to be able to insert the photos - I have uploaded them in my photo albums which you can obviously acess through the forum

(How do people insert photoas to posts????)

Cancel -above - have now worked it out (should really read the instructions first !!!)

Last edited:

moortenerife

moortenerife
Alcove Under the Stairs
in our duplex apartment the developer has installed the fridge/freezer and washing machine under the stairs and also the rest of the space is cupboards, all matching the kitchen which is a light maple, the stairs are cream/beige marble with brushed chrome handrail etc, it looks really good. i would post some photos but they are on my old laptop and i havent got round to transfering them yet.

Jon & Mia

Alcove Under the Stairs
You must be in the ground floor duplex then. In the top floor ones the alcove is in the bedroom.
Sounds as if more thought went into the use of the downstairs ones.
Would love to see photos if you ever transfer them

Jon

Alcove Under the Stairs
Hi Guys,

That looks great!!! Could we have some info like who did it, how long did it take and the all important....how much did it cost???

I can only see one downside from my own point of view, and that is once it is closed off it would be out of bounds for me cos of spiders!!!!!!! But having seen yours, seriously considering it now. Ideal place for the safe if you are having one.

Jon & Mia

Alcove Under the Stairs
Hi Guys,

That looks great!!! Could we have some info like who did it, how long did it take and the all important....how much did it cost???

I can only see one downside from my own point of view, and that is once it is closed off it would be out of bounds for me cos of spiders!!!!!!! But having seen yours, seriously considering it now. Ideal place for the safe if you are having one.

It was arranged for us by Erhan (Didim After Sales) who use their own handyman (who has done a few jobs for us and is really excellent, neat and tidy. - Very un-Turkish !)

It cost 240TL (just under £100) and you can have wood effect for double that cost if you wanted to)

He measured up one day (10 minutes) then came back to fit it after we left so I can't tell you how long exactly. He was doing other things at the same time (such as a custom built storage box on our rear patio to give us somewhere for sunbed cushions, mops and buckets etc. (see photos)

regards
Jon & Mia

DSCF1400.jpg DSCF1401.JPG DSCF1402.JPG

Latest Posts

Top Bottom