tazz

Alanya Weather in Winter
Hello all you good people,

For those of you familiar or residing around and south of Alanya - could you advise what is the weather and climate actaully like in winters? Do you need the heating on? Where are the warmest coastal areas off the Turkish Med. during winters?

All help gratefully received.
Tazz

Last edited:

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Alanya Weather in Winter
I have been there in Jan & Feb , its much milder there than most places , I was freezing in Izmir and Fethiye in febuary , Then went down to Antalya for flight home , I couldn't believe the differance, I removed my jumper and coat and wore a T shirt !!!! I'm very familar with Alanya , Just put it into Yahoo Weather , Then you can watch the temp all the time ..... Diane

val2661

Alanya Weather in Winter
Hi Tazz

It can be beautiful in Alanya during the Winter, days sunny enough to walk around in Tee shirts or if you are brave enough to go swimming in the sea!! It does get cold at night (around 9 deg). Last Winter was awful, it started raining in late December and we had really wet weather until end of March. The locals did say it was the worse Winter they had known for years and I'm hoping that this Winter will be drier. It's still a lot better than UK though.

Val

may

Alanya Weather in Winter
Yes Val they say it was the wettest winter in 50 years. You are right it beats the UK it's warmer rain if you know what I mean Haa Haa

Elvira

Alanya Weather in Winter
I have lived here in Antalya for the past 5 years.We didn't experience the Alanya rain last winter as ours was quite dry it just rained a bit in Jan/Feb which is to be expected.The best thing for me is the fact that it may rain for a day or so and then lovely sunny warm weather to compensate for a few more days.I have been told on good authority that Antalya has an average of 320 sunny days a year and I am quite sure that is correct.

Els

Alanya Weather in Winter
Hi Tazz,
The South coast of Turkey is definitely the warmest part of Turkey, and in winter places like Alanya and Antalya have a mixture of sunny and rainy days but invariably very cold nights. When the sun shines it feels lovely and warm, when it rains for days on end it can get very miserable. We live in Side (half way between Antalya and Alanya) and I have seen ice on the swimming pool in the morning (in January). So, yes this is the warmest area of Turkey, but you definitely need heating for the cold evenings and nights and a nice warm duvet for sleeping.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom