Andy

Alanya, sites to see.
Can anyone help.

I have hired a car from Antalya airport and will be going back to Alanya in October with my agent, while there we want to see as many sites as possible, many we have already seen around Alanya but we intend to go further afield possibly 100 miles.

So if you have any thoughts on places to visit they would be most welcome.

Alanya, sites to see.
Hi andy
İ'm taking it that you have seen the places to the west of Alanya..Side Aspendos Perge Alarahan Etc..(if you havent after all this time here's a cyber slap on the wrist..and a warning to stop spending your time here eating goats meat in the mountains).

so lets give you a taste of the Eastern side..you will certainly be able to go down to Anamur takes about two to three hours, you could even get down as far as Tasacu/Silife takes about 5 hours...the road is ery winding hence the time it takes..the views are superb.
Anamur is beautiful as you come down from the mountains look out for the road to Anemurium an ancient Greek settlement which has a wonderful setting ..they knew the best spots to build in those days...Anamur town hasnt much to offer but if you go down to the area ''iskele'' this little little harbour has some hotels and holiday homes and a nice beach.
On the road out of Anamur theres a wonderful Armenian castle Mamura Kalesi
i used to think it looked like a recent Hollywood artificial set as its so pristine on the outside...its right on the beach too.after Anamur the road winds and winds until you come to Aydınçık which is a sprawling town and where tourists are rare in spite of the sandy beach...not much in the way of ancient sites though..although i wouldnt mind betting that there will be some lying around as yet undiscovered.
İf you want to go further still...and why not..the area between Taşacu and Mersin is so full of ''sites'' both man made and natural, both on the coast and inland i wouldnt know where to start ...although if you're in the mood to travel go for it.

Andy

Alanya, sites to see.
Thanks for that Shirley, it's worth trying most of them depending on the driver and whether he can drive the distance without falling asleep.

Any more sugestions gladly Appreciated.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom