enoch

Alanya news good or bad
Full of Russians and Germans, what could possibly go wrong? Who will pay for medical cover?
They put all the hospital prices up even for the turkish with no insurance doctor from 109 to 540 until the new system came in now all prices have been dropped for turkish and foreigner's who live here full time, ex doctors down to 190, emergency doctors a little bit less.

Kanga

Alanya news good or bad
Enoch you asked recently about the new rule for residency I mentioned, which says you must have a property worth a minimum of $70k to be eligible.
Apparently Doc Martin has got hold of this; it's actually $75k, if you need to check. He was alerted to it by (I think) Fethiye news.

Rua

Alanya news good or bad

Enoch you asked recently about the new rule for residency I mentioned, which says you must have a property worth a minimum of $70k to be eligible.
Apparently Doc Martin has got hold of this; it's actually $75k, if you need to check. He was alerted to it by (I think) Fethiye news.
Over 75 K in over 30 cities and 50K in smaller provinces.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Alanya news good or bad
Does that mean that you cannot get residency if you rent?

enoch

Alanya news good or bad
No problem there then there is none below that amount.

Alanya news good or bad
Does that mean that you cannot get residency if you rent?
They are still doing residency for renters.
I am waiting to see how things pan out for those of us who brought property years ago. Somewhere it said the 75k rule was only from May this year, somewhere else said existing owners would need to pay for a new valuation on their property. I then wondered if that would affect our annual property tax.

I guess that I will find out in a few weeks. 59 days until we move. (Jet2 just sent me an email telling me)

enoch

Alanya news good or bad
They are still doing residency for renters.
I am waiting to see how things pan out for those of us who brought property years ago. Somewhere it said the 75k rule was only from May this year, somewhere else said existing owners would need to pay for a new valuation on their property. I then wondered if that would affect our annual property tax.

I guess that I will find out in a few weeks. 59 days until we move. (Jet2 just sent me an email telling me)
The council revalue your. House every year. For the rise in council tax the price they give you is the lowest it can be sold for.

enoch

Alanya news good or bad
Alanya at the moment is a bloody mess building work everywhere, don't know when the centre will open again for weeks there has been a 4 Mt hole the size of a football pitch in the centre for a new shopping complex that nobody wants.

Kanga

Alanya news good or bad
@ enoch et al.
Here's the info about minimum property values posted on Doc Martin's site 8/5/22, with thanks for the details..
8/5/2022
BREAKING NEWS.
{Thanks to the FAN team}
$75,000 Minimum Value on Property for Residence Permit Applications.

For anyone applying for a Residence Permit as a property owner there is now a minimum value that the property must be.
According to the latest decision by the Presidency of Migration Management of Turkey, foreigners who wish to obtain short-term residence permits or family residence permits via purchasing immovable property in Turkey will be subject to a minimum value as part of updated criteria.

It is stated that as of May 5, 2022, if you or your family wish to benefit as a Tapu holder & have your RP status listed as 'owner of immovable property & not touristic status' you will have to make sure the property you buy is worth at least:
  1. $75,000 [approx 1.1M tl ,at the time of writing] and over if it is located in one of the 30 metropolitan cities in Turkey listed below,
  2. $50,000 [750,000 tl at the time of writing] and over if it is located in one of the remaining 51 smaller cities in Turkey.
The requirement will apply to all districts in these cities, meaning that foreign nationals who buy a house in Bodrum or Fethiye, for example, needs to be at least $75,000 because it is under the jurisdiction of Muğla Metropolitan Municipality.
A list of the 30 cities that qualify for the $75,000 and are hence deemed "large cities" managed by their respective metropolitan municipality (büyükşehir belediyesi) is presented below.
  • Adana (Adana Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Ankara (Ankara Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Antalya (Antalya Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Aydın (Aydın Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Balıkesir (Balıkesir Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Bursa (Bursa Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Denizli (Denizli Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Diyarbakır (Diyarbakır Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Erzurum (Erzurum Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Eskişehir (Eskişehir Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Gaziantep (Gaziantep Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Hatay (Hatay Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Istanbul (Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Izmir (Izmir Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Kahramanmaraş (Kahramanmaraş Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Kayseri (Kayseri Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Kocaeli (Kocaeli Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Konya (Konya Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Malatya (Malatya Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Manisa (Manisa Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Mardin (Mardin Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Mersin (Mersin Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Muğla (Muğla Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Ordu (Ordu Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Sakarya (Sakarya Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Samsun (Samsun Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Şanlıurfa (Şanlıurfa Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Tekirdağ (Tekirdağ Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Trabzon (Trabzon Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Van (Van Metropolitan Municipality)
Those wishing to purchase property in the remaining cities and districts, will need to satisfy a minimum of $50,000 in order to be eligible for the resident permit scheme, according to the Turkish government.
The most important requirement for any foreign national who wishes to be eligible for this plan is that the real estate they purchase be listed and used as their primary place of abode.
The foreign national family members can apply for a residence permit in this context if they have a shared or joint ownership of the residence. Under the family members category, Turkish authorities count the applicant's spouse, child (under 18 years of age), and dependent adult child.

EDITORS NOTE....
It appears from what this groups good friend Mustafa Arikok has posted......They ask for a valuation report from a certified office and it costs 2600 Lira and takes 3-4 days.
More info on what/where these 'offices' are will follow when available.
At present it's assumed this relates to any First Applications ,not renewals. Also by First Applications this 'may' include those property owners who for whatever reason let their Residence Permit validity lapse.
At the time of posting this,no more information is available.

enoch

Alanya news good or bad
@ enoch et al.
Here's the info about minimum property values posted on Doc Martin's site 8/5/22, with thanks for the details..
8/5/2022
BREAKING NEWS.
{Thanks to the FAN team}
$75,000 Minimum Value on Property for Residence Permit Applications.

For anyone applying for a Residence Permit as a property owner there is now a minimum value that the property must be.
According to the latest decision by the Presidency of Migration Management of Turkey, foreigners who wish to obtain short-term residence permits or family residence permits via purchasing immovable property in Turkey will be subject to a minimum value as part of updated criteria.

It is stated that as of May 5, 2022, if you or your family wish to benefit as a Tapu holder & have your RP status listed as 'owner of immovable property & not touristic status' you will have to make sure the property you buy is worth at least:
  1. $75,000 [approx 1.1M tl ,at the time of writing] and over if it is located in one of the 30 metropolitan cities in Turkey listed below,
  2. $50,000 [750,000 tl at the time of writing] and over if it is located in one of the remaining 51 smaller cities in Turkey.
The requirement will apply to all districts in these cities, meaning that foreign nationals who buy a house in Bodrum or Fethiye, for example, needs to be at least $75,000 because it is under the jurisdiction of Muğla Metropolitan Municipality.
A list of the 30 cities that qualify for the $75,000 and are hence deemed "large cities" managed by their respective metropolitan municipality (büyükşehir belediyesi) is presented below.
  • Adana (Adana Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Ankara (Ankara Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Antalya (Antalya Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Aydın (Aydın Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Balıkesir (Balıkesir Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Bursa (Bursa Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Denizli (Denizli Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Diyarbakır (Diyarbakır Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Erzurum (Erzurum Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Eskişehir (Eskişehir Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Gaziantep (Gaziantep Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Hatay (Hatay Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Istanbul (Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Izmir (Izmir Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Kahramanmaraş (Kahramanmaraş Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Kayseri (Kayseri Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Kocaeli (Kocaeli Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Konya (Konya Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Malatya (Malatya Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Manisa (Manisa Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Mardin (Mardin Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Mersin (Mersin Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Muğla (Muğla Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Ordu (Ordu Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Sakarya (Sakarya Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Samsun (Samsun Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Şanlıurfa (Şanlıurfa Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Tekirdağ (Tekirdağ Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Trabzon (Trabzon Metropolitan Municipality)
  • Van (Van Metropolitan Municipality)
Those wishing to purchase property in the remaining cities and districts, will need to satisfy a minimum of $50,000 in order to be eligible for the resident permit scheme, according to the Turkish government.
The most important requirement for any foreign national who wishes to be eligible for this plan is that the real estate they purchase be listed and used as their primary place of abode.
The foreign national family members can apply for a residence permit in this context if they have a shared or joint ownership of the residence. Under the family members category, Turkish authorities count the applicant's spouse, child (under 18 years of age), and dependent adult child.

EDITORS NOTE....
It appears from what this groups good friend Mustafa Arikok has posted......They ask for a valuation report from a certified office and it costs 2600 Lira and takes 3-4 days.
More info on what/where these 'offices' are will follow when available.
At present it's assumed this relates to any First Applications ,not renewals. Also by First Applications this 'may' include those property owners who for whatever reason let their Residence Permit validity lapse.
At the time of posting this,no more information is available.
That's good info I hope it stops to first application of RP and not all.

enoch

Alanya news good or bad
Don't know about the out lying areas of Alanya are like but proper Alanya is empty. One hotel we pass usually has a thousand guests now speaking to the man I know has the shop 20000 euros rent said nine rooms taken. Even the chemist is saying no tourist's, and the main beach 2 days ago was empty.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom