martin m

aknowledge the nutters
Hi all
I know that this is a public forum, and as long as folk are not effing and blinding, and slagging other members left and right then you can just about say what you want, without repercussion. I also think to a degree that a little bit of steam letting and even winding up, is fun for people not involved to read,however.
Having just read the thread about the "nice villa for sale" and all its 80 odd replies, i think we should have some system in place that could warn members that a "persistent windup merchant" is at it again.
I cant help but imagine seeing juicy sitting in his/her chair in front of his pc hitting the send button laughing his/her head of because the content is utter bullshit sent just to annoy members.
Maybe when reading threads members could send a negative vote to mushtaq, if they thought some one was being very over the top, and on reaching a certain number of negative votes on any one thread would trigger some sort of sign by their avatar to say they were a prat for 7 days.
martin

bobthenob

Non Active Member
aknowledge the nutters
Nothing like a good nutter to spice up a recipe of issues that have a tendency of not mixing to well with the other ingredients on the forum.
l'm a nutter and my recipe does mix to a consistency with the ingredients in blending to consume with delight,or fright.

carolk

R.I.P
aknowledge the nutters
Well, Juicy's already at it on the 'luxury Kusadsi villa' thread!!!

I agree with every word Martin.

Juicy

aknowledge the nutters
How long does it take to become a prat? And what privelages d'you get? If it means you get to buy a vastly overpriced badly built concrete box on a gated complex with bars at the windows I'll forego my privelages.

But I don't mind being a prat other than that! :brushteet

martin m

aknowledge the nutters
Hi bob/tk
nutter, sometimes you and me both, but non offensive,and polite to others always.
point made.
martin

parrot

aknowledge the nutters
You mean something like the old pals act,whereby if someone upsets one of the club the rest gang up on them?

Mushtaq

Founding Member
aknowledge the nutters
martin m said:
Maybe when reading threads members could send a negative vote to mushtaq, if they thought some one was being very over the top, and on reaching a certain number of negative votes on any one thread would trigger some sort of sign by their avatar to say they were a prat for 7 days.
martin

This functionality is coming very soon.

Howell's

aknowledge the nutters
Hi guys
I really think it would be great if certain people (juicy) do get punished for posts they put on here.
I'm really new on here, and was really upset and annoyed by the comments that were made to me (calling me a liar). All because i posted a view.
Hope you can get this sorted asap mushtaq, there is a difference between giving a opinion and being outright rude...
GREAT THREAD

Martyn

aknowledge the nutters
Don't forget there is a 'bad post' triangle at the bottom left of every post. This will send an immediate email to admin and moderators and makes them aware. You can give your reason why the post has upset you. Admin & mods cannot look at every thread and every post and may not even be aware of bad feeling so let them know.

martin m

aknowledge the nutters
Hi parrot
Maybe i am niave, but i suppose that means that just because some one may have simply disagreed with a person i normally would agree with, that would be reason enough for me to send a negative vote against them.
When in actual fact i was suggesting that, no one else would know that I or you or each other in general had sent a negative vote against anyone else.
However i do agree that if the intent were there then it could be abused but would that not be counter productive.
martin

ljsykes76

Lol 1976
aknowledge the nutters
I am new to this forum and within an hour of posting my 1st thread I was also privileged to get a childish reply off Juicy the PRAT.

He is an absolute embarrassment and completely clueless about Turkey and property in general. Additionally the guy needs to get a life and stop being jealous of people that can afford ‘vastly overpriced badly built concrete box on a gated complex with bars at the windows’. Its a terrible trait to have!

I have read most of Juicy’s posts. He does not know what he is talking about so people should not get upset by his comments. He is obviously very sad, bitter and lonely. Poor chap.

I challenge this fool to post something which is productive and backed up by solid evidence and personal experience. I fear he will let me down.

aknowledge the nutters
Welcome to the forum lj, lots n lots of good people on here, with a wealth of info, then again you always get one, as they say, don,t rise to the bait, leave it to the moderators, it will not be to long before he hangs him/her self.

Cheers Peter

Pete&Mag

aknowledge the nutters
Well if these negative types who are so uptight about everything were teenage lads ,I'd say " Look son.Why don't you go out and don't come back until you've got Laid" I'm not sure that would help in this case.

gren

aknowledge the nutters
No, no, no, no, NO! WRONG!

If one starts prejudicing or banning members for just being themselves
(e.g: stupid,rude,coloured,muslim,gay,posh, chav, woteva etc.) based on some entirely subjective criteria, we will be acting as frightened and stupid like the current government. They introduce crazy leglislation which is detrimental to most peoples lives at the drop of a hat purely because of some media coverage or vote-winning.

The world takes some getting used to..lets not bury our heads in the sand but rise up to meet the challenges.

If you don't like Jeremy Clarkson, Jonathan Woss or Brand, JUST SWITCH OFF!
but don't deny others their infantile humour!

It reminds me of that saying: "...then they came for me but there was no-one left to speak out for me..."

I'm not condoning anyone's behaviour on TLF but we all CHOOSE how we react and maybe we need to ponder our own responses to it.

As Peter says:
petermcintosh said:
......don't rise to the bait, leave it to the moderators, it will not be to long before he hangs him/her self. Cheers Peter

Last edited:

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
aknowledge the nutters
Gren - the voice of reason in a politically correct world! Thank you.

Ian

bobthenob

Non Active Member
aknowledge the nutters
l have copied this from one of my other posts.To point out the the values and gains of what one can achieve by being courteous to others.
The most trivial acts of courtesy that we perform do go a long way,which l class as the most important.lt soothes the mind of others when a code of empathy has been passed to others,it also releases tensions and secures a bond of trust towards each other.
When a new member does ask a question,which is oblivious to others,it is always a pleasure to guide that member in the right lane of knowledge with a courteous attitude.You will find this type of attitude will be received with gratitude and your heart is filled with joy by helping some one that needs a guiding hand.Because this member has received such kindness,he will most likely spread this kindness to others.To sweeten other members lives has the power to promote an empathy within the forum that encourages the attitudes we all want
Bad manners to others will only result in a deterioration of morals,which leads to a breakdown in trust and security in a community.The disease of bad manners must not be allowed to flourish,since this will spread the disease of insecure feelings amongst each other.Consideration to others is the right diagnoses to prevent this disease from spreading.
I believe that rudeness is practiced by the weak,and are bitter with themselves.They seem to have a tendency to be abrupt because of insecure thoughts.Where the polite people tends to have a more strong positive outlook on life,which reflects on others.The strong reaches out and uplifts and improves the situations when help is needed.Those who act kindly towards others,receives the most rewarding gift from the ones that has asked for the help,is respect and a sense of well being warming your heart.
Here are some pointers on strengthening a bonding community of people
1/Be thoughtful to others.When someone ask a question,answer it in the most considerate way.Doesn’t matter if the obvious is there,but to the ignorant,it’s not.
2/Never underestimate your power of kindness.Small acts form the very foundation of our community.Without these small considerate acts,the community will collapse.
3/Cherish the opportunity and reinforce it with these acts of kindness when the issues arises.a policy of courtesy towards each other starts within.
4/Be gentle with others without the harsh and abrupt methods.Prodding bad manners will result in others not coming out of their shell.Hurt feelings will kill off respect within the community.
5/lf the situation does blow into rudeness.Respond with kindness.Eventually kindness will be met with kindness
6/Treat others with respect,we don’t know their situation in life.lf we cannot respect them for what they are,how can we help them to become a more affluent person.Empathy is a tonic.
7/Always be a good friend,to be there for others when they need you.Never abandon these thoughts of friendship,since this will become a distance acquaintance.True friendship are the ones that sows the kindness that gathers up the love during harvesting.
8/We are all equal,where we are in the same boat with oars,paddling in harmony with each stroke to gain knowledge from each other.Only one paddle that is not in sequence with the others will disrupt the motion of knowledge were seeking.
9/Disperse the dark words of gloom and spread a little sunshine within the forum.A smile is a healer,but an act of courtesy is a saviour.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
aknowledge the nutters
Juicy said:
Who needs a sleeping pill when they've got you Bob!

At least l can say with delight,l have found the cure for insommia for the minority.
Sleep tight

Harem

I've cliqued
aknowledge the nutters
I believe that Juicy is no-nem in disguise.

Since having to go into hiding after all the misdemeanours that he committed he has become extremely bored and bitter. He dare not show his face for fear of being brought to justice and as he is now unable to start another business where he can cheat people out of their money he has had to resort to using his literary talents to relieve his boredom and frustration.

aknowledge the nutters
Harem said:
I believe that Juicy is no-nem in disguise.

Since having to go into hiding after all the misdemeanours that he committed he has become extremely bored and bitter. He dare not show his face for fear of being brought to justice and as he is now unable to start another business where he can cheat people out of their money he has had to resort to using his literary talents to relieve his boredom and frustration.

Yes!!!! Love it Harem!!!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom