Broom

Akkaya Gardens Development
Hi,
My name is Sally and my husband and I are coming out on 21st May to view at the above development by Curbanoglu, we are very excited and very nervous as we have never bought abroad before. It has been great to read all your positive comments about Curbanoglu. Does anyone know anything about the Akkaya Gardens development and have any of you got any top tips for making the buying process as smooth as poss - did any of you "barter" on the property price?
How easy is it to get all your furniture and how much do you think we should budget for this in a 3 bed villa?
Where is the nearest supermarket?
Is there a management company that will clean and do the beds etc if you rent the property out?
looking forward to hearing from you all.
Sally

PDM

Hi Sally,
Im from Whiterock villa's, above the Akkaya restaurant. We got all out furniture locally. The nearest supermarket is in Dalaman high street, right turn at the roundabout on the airport road. I would suggest contacting DalamanDeli (Ruth) for a management company. Sure others from Dalaman will have a lot more information for you. Good Luck.

PDM

Broom

Thanks for that info great to hear from people who have "been there and done that"
Regards Sally

GnD

PDM,s advice is spot on.

Don't forget to haggle over furniture, it is expected.

Beko shop on the airport road (just before the last set off traffic lights prior to the large traffic light/roundabout - left to Ortaca right to Fethiye. They speak superb English and have been kind to us when we changed our minds. Cannot remember the owners name but his assistant is named Fatima. Beds upstairs (they can order in additional mattresses etc to those on display upstairs) white goods downstairs. Reliable service and delivery but not too many bargains. Also, organise gas cylinders delivery and refills. Having said that you can only haggle a discount on multi purchases here.

Also, a little gem for respectable prices, but not so easy with the language etc Orhanlar tucked round the back of the left hand side of the high street. Again lots of furniture and white goods.

Remember when you buy curtain poles they also fit! Delivery is included and usually within a couple of days.

Good luck don't rush and enjoy.

Debbie Xx (also Curbanoglu)

Last edited:
Hi
we went out to view last October and were very impressed. We decided not to buy for two main reasons. First was that we felt isolated from a Turkish community. Although the development was very impressive we felt that we would not have the opportunity to become part of a local community.

Second, we could not get the property ideally we wanted for the price we wanted to pay. We ended up buying in Akbuk which we are very happy with.

We were well looked after and didn't feel pressured by the developer. However it was not for us. As for haggling on the price we didn't get to that point but if you don't ask you don't get!

Good luck

Bob

Peregrine

Sally

I would strongly recommend that you dont buy on your first trip abroad. I suggest you book a two or three week stay in the area and spend time to find out where the beaches, restaurants, shops, markets, sites of interest etc are before you launch in

you may find that the next village or resort far better suitys you than the one you bought in, but you cant sell and move

Price is always negotiable but this purchase is about more than the initial purchase price

make sure you fully understand your ongoing commitments (which you are unlikely to cover by rental income as the rental market is very weak in Turkey with low rental rates compared to other destinations and generally low occupancy. Dont be fooled by the developers claims on this one)

also, make sure you understand and are comfortable with the culture of Turkey - the members here generally love it but you have to make up your own mind

scotgus

Hi Sally,

I think the advice that Peregrine is giving you is spot on. It is a big decision to make and you must way up all the options. We have a place at Akkaya and we love it there, but it would not be everyone's choice. We bought 3 years ago and have seen a massive change in the development from when we 1st went. We have always found Curbanoglu very good and they have got a good management company that look after the properties. If you want anymore info on them or the area please feel free to PM me.

slavomir

Hi to all members,
My name is Slavo and I bought via Curbanoglu in Akkaya Gardens.Could anybody tell me whether is there some problem,please? It seems to me that there was no progress for a while.Is there somebody who also bought in that development?
Thank you for answering

slavomir

Hi ChrisBobs,
Thank you for replying.Why I bought buy off plan? I read good things about Curbanoglu so I thought that should not be a problem.If I was experienced,I guess I would buy from somebody who built already.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom