tottey

Akbuk....our new house too
Re: Akbuk....our new house

Hi Folks

First time on the Forum so here goes, came over in June this year for one week, first time in Turkey and instead of buying a nice leather hand bag to take home we bought a property at Diamond Villas in Akbuk, we are flying over on the 26th August to move in but only for a two week holiday, everything has gone really smoothly. Can anybody give us any advice on where to eat on the first night we arrive, really just want to walk somewhere and have a good bottle of wine and local food.

Rachel & David Tottey

lorraine

Non Active Member

Racheal and David welcome to the forum and congratulation on your purchase. I am sure that their will be members along shortly to give advice, of late their has been many purchasers in that neck of the woods.

Beats buying a handbag:lol:

merlin

tottey said:
Hi Folks

First time on the Forum so here goes, came over in June this year for one week, first time in Turkey and instead of buying a nice leather hand bag to take home we bought a property at Diamond Villas in Akbuk, we are flying over on the 26th August to move in but only for a two week holiday, everything has gone really smoothly. Can anybody give us any advice on where to eat on the first night we arrive, really just want to walk somewhere and have a good bottle of wine and local food.
Rachel & David welcome to the TL forum!

You will be spoilt for choice for choice of restaurants as there are many Altinkum residents here!

Have fun and welcome

Merv!

Tonya

Ex owner Calis Beach
Rachel, you are my kind of shopper lol

Welcome to the forum, I visit Calis so cant help with restaurants in Akbuk.

Mushtaq

Founding Member
Hi and welcome to the forum,

I know where you have bought, lovely views of Akbuk bay from there.

If you want to have a good meal and a bottle of wine, you would need to head down to Altinkum resort or if you don't want to go too far, you can head towards Akbuk and follow the new dirt road (might be fixed by the time you get there) that hugs the coast line, I dont know what they call the area but you should be able to follow the laser lights that are spinning ahead.

This little resort is not far from Diamond Villas, but it's not on the main road, there is a club and some restaurants too, so should be find somewhere nice to enjoy your first evening.

I will try to dig up a map of the place if I can.

Last edited by a moderator:

Navan

Non Active Mmember
Hi Tottey

Welcome to the forum fellow Akbuker! I think Akbuk is the new Altinkum and the stunning views says it all. We used to eat at the garden restaurant along the seafront. We tried Silk Road restaurant but it was too expensive and the food was not so good ( I ordered prawns and got calamari!). There are other restaurants there too along the seafront but I can't remember them. The whole atmosphere there is fantastic. Well done on your purchase....you can't go wrong with Akbuk.

Anna

VWBug

I am a Turk
Hi Tottey and welcome to TLF,
We are between Akbuk and Altinkum.
Looks like we are going to spend more time in Akbuk.
Sounds like better place as Navan says.
:)

tottey

Thank you for the friendly welcome. We stayed in Altinkum when we came over in June and it was a little over the top, okay for a couple of nights out. The little resort up from Diamond Villas which you mentioned would that be in walking distance for us if we went for a meal?. Thank you for looking for a map it would be much appreciated. This is a really silly question but is Diamond Villas situated in Akbuk, we were lead to believe it was.

Rachel

tottey said:
The little resort up from Diamond Villas which you mentioned would that be in walking distance for us if we went for a meal?. Thank you for looking for a map it would be much appreciated. This is a really silly question but is Diamond Villas situated in Akbuk, we were lead to believe it was.

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

A warm welcome to the TL Forum. The little resort is just about a 500 metres from Diamond Villas and called Sahte Cennet. The area is actually nearer to Akbuk but within the Didim Municipality borders and called Fevzipasa Mahallesi.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom