Dave J

Akbuk....God its Boring !
Hi All,
Hope that got your attention :horn:
I've only been a member for about 2 months but it seems like nothing happens in Akbuk! No fresh information on resturants/bars/etc. What's going on, is there no life left there? have I made a big mistake in buying a property there, is it were the OAP's go to die!!!

Come on guy's help is required, I will shortly be in Akbuk for around 3 weeks, its only my second visit and my previous visit was mainly taken up by the purchase of our apartment. Can we get some advise on good food/beers and a good place to watch my beloved Man United wipe the smile off Chelsea's latest manager :hehe:

Thanks... Dave.

Harem

I've cliqued
How can you say its boring when you've got Maggie (the pole dancer) and BobtheNob??

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
You mean you bought a property without checking out the area first ? :doh:

bobthenob

Non Active Member
That all depends what you class as boring,because what people find boring can be interesting to others.

Akbuk is the ideal place for walking cycling and generally being comforted by nature around you.There are open spring water pools where you can have a swim in.And the many coves with clear warm sea water to enjoy the day.The evening entertainment here is little more quieter then Altinkum,but it does have the many places to attend if you wish to dance the night away either Turkish style or the western way of wiggling about and hope you are the star performer in break dancing.

There is a fair ground here for the kids to enjoy and also on some occasions there is a live music festival at the front.The music is great and the people get up and dance while under the clear night skies filled with sparkling chandeliers above.

You will not be disappointed in moving to Akbuk,because l believe there is something there for everyone.

maggie

Akbuk boring ????????? I think not as so will all the people that live here.

Theres loads going on if you want it as Bob wrote theres a bit of everything for everyone here.

I like the laid back pace of Akbuk a stroll along the sea front a sit at one of the many little bars lined along the front.A place to relax and unwind.
There is a very strong ex pat community here and theres bound to be a game of bingo,a sing a long nite,a pub quiz or a boat trip IF thats what you want.

Thankfully Akbuk is not Altinkum(not knocking the place for those that live there each to their own)its a lovelley little fishing village type resort with a very turkish feel to it.

I feel quite insulted if people think this is a OAP type town.!!!!!

Hugs Maggie xx

Last edited:

laz

the reason that there isn't any info from us guys living in akbuk is that we are all so busy enjoying ourselves and dont have much time for the internet milarky. thats a winter passtime.

but like previous posters have said it is much quieter than altinkum. but there are nice bars and restaurants where you can sit and watch the beautiful sunsets while enjoying a nice chilled beer. but everything is done on a much slower and quiter scale than alot of places.

so where abouts have you bought? is it just a holiday home, investment or will you be joining us as a permanent resident.

hope you enjoy your stay

Raysalaff

Just Call Me Ray !
Why did'nt you ask before you bought there? It would have a least given you some idea to what the place was like and if it suited your needs.:roundgrin

juco

You either lead or you are led.

If you lead there is always something to do, if you are led you sit about waiting on it to happen.

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Can't be that boring - my 24 yr old daughter and her friends had a fab time in Akbuk. Plenty of bars and restuarants for you to try. They are all so good there isn't anything else we can say to promote them !!

Anyway if it is too quiet and you want to party at nightclubs to sunrise get yourself into Altinkum.

If you are that worried , stay at home and give me your ticket - i'll go for you !!!!!!!

Cheers

Eve

gwendy

gwendy
I have just returned from 5 weeks in Akbuk, ( not long enough) apart from what Akbuk has to offer, and there is more every year, there are many lovely places to visit within an hour or two, and as eve says Altinkum is there for a couple of lira by dolmus if you want a nightclub, I personally never have time to fit in all I would like to do.

manc02

Have been going to Akbuk now for just over 3yrs and every year there has been a new bar/restaurant opened or change of owners, more bars are doing entertainment. Personnaly I think there is plenty to do unless your a night club lover, then you may be struggling !

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Hi All,
Hope that got your attention :horn:
I've only been a member for about 2 months but it seems like nothing happens in Akbuk! No fresh information on resturants/bars/etc. What's going on, is there no life left there? have I made a big mistake in buying a property there, is it were the OAP's go to die!!!

Come on guy's help is required, I will shortly be in Akbuk for around 3 weeks, its only my second visit and my previous visit was mainly taken up by the purchase of our apartment. Can we get some advise on good food/beers and a good place to watch my beloved Man United wipe the smile off Chelsea's latest manager :hehe:

Thanks... Dave.

I've just searched and read this thread "whats akbuk like" and there are many members on TLF, who have enjoyed their stay and living there. Hope you find this thread helpful Dave, but surely you researched before you bought, didn't you?

wiuru

Hi Dave J Akbuk Rob runs a site all about restaurants etc in Akbuk its up to date and informative .
We love the place and dread it developing more . Some great Characters living here also .
I am a United supporter also but we are in short supply LOL.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom