akbukcyd

Akbuk Attacks!
yes it is true, two English women in their 70's were walking back to their villa along the sea front by the Derby Hotel at about 9pm when they were attacked yesterday. The mugger tried to snatch their handbags (dont know if he got them) but the women fought back and fell to the ground causing some grazing and of course shock. The lighting in Akbuk is very poor and it is about time someone took some responsibility to put in adequate lighting and turn them on not just in the height of summer.

What is happening to our beautiful village of Akbuk, robberies and now unprovoked muggings and what can we do to safeguard ourselves. It is worrying.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Akbuk Attacks!
Bring this to the attention of the new mayor.He is definately a man of honour that will look into it and will listen to others that have ideas.
First of all,we must ask ourselves why is this happening and also why is it on the increase,and what can be done about this to deter the criminal and how to protect the people from such attacks.

Lighting is a good one.But that will not deter the attacker,because he or she will pick the right moment that is covenient for such an attack.

jaimie

Akbuk Attacks!
In the first instance, and about the only thing that ordinary people can do is be vigillant. Easier said than done, and really on first glance it does not appear very helpful; but if we all keep our eyes and ears peeled and report anything or anyone that is acting in a suspicious manner, or just seems "odd" this will certainly help make the perpertrators of these crimes feel uneasy and perhaps less likely to carry out these attacks. Most of this crime so far reported in Akbuk seems of the opportunist variety and opportunist's tend to give themselves away a bit while looking for the moment to strike, even if we cannot prevent the actual crimes taking place by this method; I'm sure that noticing charecteristics of suspicious people and the cars they drive etc will be invaluable in their eventual apprehension.

nwclio

Akbuk Attacks!
These ladies are friends of ours, thankfully only one of them was physically hurt. We do wish it was just cuts and grazes but infact the lady in question suffered a dislocated shoulder and hairline fracture to the same arm, a blackened eye and stitches to the head after the attacker swung her around and threw her to the floor, resulting in a night spent at Soke hospital.

Unfortunatley he DID steal her bag!

Obviously the man that did this to a lady in her senior years is a coward and an opportunist, after a good description was given we are sure he will be brought to justice ASAP....

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Akbuk Attacks!
Well!...l just hope they set a good example when he is caught that the authorities will not tollerate such evil acts that can sour the good reputation of Akbuk.
When caught..he should compensate the victim,by working hard until the compensation is paid fully with his name publicly shown.

manc02

Akbuk Attacks!
What the authorities have got to realise if they have any sense, it will not just be two vulnerable ladies who will be affected by this but many more people, those who already own properties in Akbuk and also potential buyers will be put off, on reading stories such as this one. They have to stamp down really hard on such viscious and evil people and make examples of them when or if they are caught, otherwise this will have the ripple effect ! I would like to wish the two ladies a quick recovery and hope that they have not been upset too much that it puts them off Akbuk.

akbukowl

Akbuk Attacks!
That's the first attack i have read of in Akbuk lets hope its an isolated instance but the way the worlds economy is at the moment we should get ready for more

Akbuk Attacks!
Such a shame that this should happen in your community, I have only passed thru it once, seemed such a nice quiet wee place, not put me off from coming thru on the 25th though, bet they would,nt tackle me, wish they would, it does make your blood boil, my feelings go to the two women who were attacked, boy would some of us not like to get our hands on the perputrators, I would imagine that people like this would stick out like a sore thumb in Akbuk, somebody must know them, again thoughts are with the two victims, do hope they get over it, and it does not deter them from their lives in Akbuk.

Cheers Peter

3m's

Akbuk Attacks!
one way to help prevent this happening is to not flash a lot of money about, or ladies not to have their purses full, dont wear to much jewelery either as this makes these scum think we are loaded.
I always just take out slightly more than i think i'll need for the day/nite/market and even then dont carry it all in my purse so when i do take it out to pay it looks a if there's not a lot in it

maggie

Akbuk Attacks!
Ow dear.I do hope these ladies will be okay.
As people have allready mentioned for something like this to happen in Akbuk its very bad indeed.

I agree with Cyd the lighting is terrible along by the Derby the coast road and the main road.

However I dont think good or bad lighting makes a lot of difference if some one intends to attack someone they will.

This sort of thing happens on a daily basis all over parts of the U.K.
but for it to happen in Akbuk well.!!!!!!!!!!

As there appears to have been a good descriprtion given to the authorities I hope this EVIL B D is soon caught.

Nwclio please pass my regards onto the ladies involved in this incident.

Hugs Maggie xxxx

Akbuk Attacks!
Poor ladies. Does not put me off at all coming to Akbuk. If anyone tried this with me I would deck them. Well as long as they did not have a weapon . But I guess they would not pick on younger people who can fight back as the person who done this to old ladies is clealy a gutless wimp. They will get theirs .....

martin m

Akbuk Attacks!
Hi all
It does not bode well, we are two weeks into the official "season" and already a mugging in Akbuck of all places,
Hope the lady gets better but sometimes the mental effects last a lot longer than bruises or breaks,i wish them well, i also wish me and my lads to have the muggers for ten minutes.
martin

Tess

Akbuk Attacks!
Very good wishes to the two ladies in Akbuk, horrible thing to happen, Get well soon girls!!!:biggrin1:

nelva

Akbuk Attacks!
Well!...l just hope they set a good example when he is caught that the authorities will not tollerate such evil acts that can sour the good reputation of Akbuk.
When caught..he should compensate the victim,by working hard until the compensation is paid fully with his name publicly shown.

this is terrible news. what is happening to our lovely quiet area of turkey. with the burgleries in nearby yeslitepe ,and a recent one here in akbuk only a few days ago,, maybe the ex-pats here should think about joining forces and therefore in numbers we can maybe wake the jardame up and the mayor as to everyones right for safety, and the future of the safety in the past we have enjoyed here in akbuk. unfortunately we the ex-pats do give the impression that we are loaded, therfore easy pickings, but we want to stamp these undesirables out now before it gets worse. sorry to these 2 ladies must have been a horrific experience.but it is up to us to make sure there will be no more incidents, lets give a clear message to the mayor and the jardame, we will not tollerate this. ex-pats re-unite.

Higgy

Higgy
Akbuk Attacks!
Please pass on my well wishes to the ladies concerned.

We always carry a stout walking stick which of course is not to protect yourself with but as an aid to walking,

If the mugger gets clobbered by you, so be it. BUT never ever say that the item carried by you was for your self-protection. That's why a good stout walking stick fits the bill.

stevecarol

Akbuk Attacks!
Please pass on my well wishes to the ladies concerned.

We always carry a stout walking stick which of course is not to protect yourself with but as an aid to walking,

If the mugger gets clobbered by you, so be it. BUT never ever say that the item carried by you was for your self-protection. That's why a good stout walking stick fits the bill.

Better still practice playing baseball:321oi:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom